DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Really like Texas -7 @ BYU

I think this line is low because Texas got off to an EXTREMELY shaky start.... it seemed like the NMST td was a good thing as it allowed them to wake up and smell the coffee. Once they woke up, they could not be stopped scoring on 8 of their last 10 possessions. I think travelling on the road might be a good team building opportunity and I look for them to make a statement in this game. It kind of reminds me of the Texas @ Ole Miss game last year... spread was pretty close but Texas offense just lit it up.

Not sure how much I am going to wager but it will be between 3 and 5 units

jaykarrels
    jaykarrels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I am going to the game. BYU's QB stinks! But I just don't like to be against BYU at home, they work miracles! I would bet the under for sure though.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

byu t home kinda tough to play that stadium loud as fuk

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykarrels View Post
    I am going to the game. BYU's QB stinks! But I just don't like to be against BYU at home, they work miracles! I would bet the under for sure though.
    Taysom Hill is no slouch, I don't know what BYU QB you speak of. Looks like a trap, TX wins by 49 basically all second half pts and plays a BYU team that never got going last week. I wouldn't be surprised to see BYU bring it, possibly even upset.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's a HUGE UT fanbase / betting base that's got more optimism about the Horns in 2013 than they have for a couple of seasons. The books aren't dooing you any favours with it. Texas -7 @ BYU is a bad line, period. Now it MIGHT cash, but you'd definitely be betting into an unfavourable line.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I 70% agree with this.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Florida -3
    Texas -7

Seem like 2 good plays

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I would never lay 7 points in provo. Texas may be lucky to sneak out with a win imo.

andco1
    andco1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2715

Don't over think this. Byu is in trouble in this spot. Lay the 7 and enjoy. The line will move a lot before game time

atltsx
    atltsx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

I'm on texas as well. BYU didn't impress me last week. GL

Also on FL

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Don't like Texas or Florida - to me this 2 games are WNT

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

I had money on BYU at UVA last week and watched the entire game. BYU's QB is just awful. Texas will beat them by at least 2 scores IMO.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Love Texas as much as my wife...at times. But won't be laying 7 here. Look back at the game last year. Texas was kind of lucky to beat BYU in Austin in a low scoring affair. If Ash is going to overthrow receivers as he did against NM it could be a very tough game to even win. BYU gets a good pressure on the QB and their defense is rock solid.

Hoping for a big win but don't like the spot. I see the game as a grind and the -7 as too many.

jaykarrels
    jaykarrels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

it all comes down to the play of their QB's. Hill was 13-40 in the Virginia game, that's 32.5%!!! Just horrible. I see him doing better in Provo, but can't see a completely different game. I saw Hill last year and he played well, but I just don't trust him against Texas.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Season openers are very bad keys to the 2nd week. Texas was trailing New Mexico late in the 1st half before rolling them up.

I definitely agree with jay. It's probably a given that Ash will be mediocre to decent. Hill will bounce back I would guess but maybe they just don't have enough talent to do a 40 pass attack. Starting to talk myself into the Under.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

It seems like as tough as Provo is to play in, BYU loses at least one home game per year... as a home dog they are 4-5 as well since 03.... I think the more I look at this the more I like Texas...

BOL

And to the guy on Florida, I kind of am in agreement with the others... WNT... i'd give a slight edge to the canes but won't play