nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

One play i love --- louisiana monroe + 17

Well, got back on the winning track with the Air Force play to stop a 2 game losing streak. Overall 9-2 now with all plays posted on this board.

Ok, on to this week. I think we have another crazy line to take advantage of.

Here, we have 2 amazingly even teams and a 17 point line ??? Thats just crazy. Being at home is not worth 17 points, and Troy is not going to cover this outrageously high number.

The Louisiana Monroe warhawks come into this game with a 4-3 record and tied with Troy for first in the conference. Well, Troy is 4-0 in the conference and La Monroe is 3-0, so the winner pretty much has control of the conference.

Not just their records are the same, these 2 teams have pretty idntical resumes this year, and I see no justification at all for troy to be a 17 point favorite here. There is just no way I see Troy winning this game by more than 7, and that might even be a stretch.

The Warhawks have a good Qb. Trey Revell has a 137.02 QB Rating, with 1124 yards and 8 touchdowns. Warhawk running back Frank Goodin is averaging 5 yards a rush this year, while noone on troy's team is even averaging 4 yards per carry.

The Warhawks also have 2 recievers who average over 15 yards per catch, that is Sapp and McNeal. Noone on Troy's team averages even 14.

These teams have played very similar schedules and gotten the same results. La Monroe ranks 69 in strength of Schedule, while Troy ranks 71st. Troy has scored 200 points while the Warhawks have scored 196. Troy has given up 194 points while the Warhawks have given up 203. So, the defense gives up the same and Troy's offense is scoring 1 point more per game.

La Monroe has played 3 good team losing all 3 games. They lost to Texas, Arizona State and Kentucky. Troy has played only one good team losing by 50 to Florida. La Monroe lost by 39 to Texas, which I consider an equal opponent. Troy also got killed 31-14 against a not very good Bowling Green team.

These 2 teams have 2 commom opponents which further proves that this is an even matchup. Troy Beat Arkansas State by 3, La Monroe beat them by 6. Troy beat Florida International by 9, La Monroe beat them by 13.

Troy has only beaten 2 teams by this margin all year. They beat Middle Tennessee State by 24 and North Texas by 24. La Monroe would have also beaten those teams by 20-30 points.

Troy beat Fla International and Arkansas State by single digits. La Monroe is better than both those teams, and beat both those teams handily, yet La Monroe is +17 against a Troy team that couldnt beat Fla. Int. or Ark. St. by half that ???

These 2 teams are amazingly evenly matched. The difference is that most of the gambling world hasn't really ever paid concious attention to Louisiana Monroe, while Troy has been kind of on the national radar as a good second level team since they beat Missouri on national television a few years ago.

Because of that, the books have to make it a huge line knowing that they will get even action in this game even with a number in the range of 14-17. Troy beat North Texas by 24 last week and a lot of gamblers will be happy to lay the 17 here thinking La Monroe is another North Texas.

fact is, The Warhawks are way better than North Texas and would have probably beaten North Texas by more than 24. This will be a close game well into the fourth quarter, and while Troy might win it be 3-7 points, they wont even come close to covering this spread.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Anyone want to fade me ??? Fade me here.

You get +200 and I will give you the push. I will give you an extra 1/2 so if it pushes you win.

You Get Troy - 16 1/2 and I get La Monroe + 16 1/2

I risk 20 points, you risk 10. Or we can make it 10 and 5 if you want.

Just say the word.

This play isn't going to lose.

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree!

I saw Monroe in person against the Horns and they have some ballers. This line jumped out at me too and for now is my top play.

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff guys....... i think there's perception that troy is really hot right now, but that's a huge number of points. sagarin (FWIW as a first value screen) has troy as 1 point favorite on neutral field.

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

You make a very compelling argument. I'm sold.

BECHunter
    BECHunter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good analysis. I'll go with you even though I'm going against my beloved Trojans (sarcasm). I graduated from Troy.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I like Troy minus the points here...

I'll take Troy for 20 points -16.5 and if they cover you send me 40 points...

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Just checked injuries, Trey Revell (starting QB is out) and their backup Cody Wells (freshman) threw 3 picks last week as a started at Kentucky. I'm going to back off of this one.

http://www.collegefantasyfootballins...onroe-Warhawks
    Last edited by ackem19; 10-26-09 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added link

PeePee
    PeePee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

Love your one-a-week play as always, noBS. But Trey is dobtful for this game so most likely he'll be out.... Not sure if I want a bk QB on the rd.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

WHY DOES ANYONE RESPOND TO THIS POINT STIFFER??????

BECHunter

Should I hedge this? Booked it not knowing the QB was out.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

At first glance i liked this play as well

BECHunter

The damn starting QB is out. I'm not sure if I should hedge or not.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Revell is back and playing this weekend

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I like Troy minus the points here...

I'll take Troy for 20 points -16.5 and if they cover you send me 40 points...

Yes, This is a deal.

You get Troy - 16 1/2

You win 40 or lose 20

Deal

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

pimike was paid by richboy. Richboy owed me points and paid pimike with them.

I dont owe anyone anything.

I will post up the 40 points if you want and if I win you send me back 60.

BECHunter

Revell is back? I thought he had a broke thumb.

BECHunter

QB Trey Revell LAMO 10/16Thumb3-4 WeeksLimited ParticipationOutNA

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

They still will cover. Take the points.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

line down to 13 1/2 in some places

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    pimike was paid by richboy. Richboy owed me points and paid pimike with them.

I dont owe anyone anything.

I will post up the 40 points if you want and if I win you send me back 60.
    Deal... Even though the line went down, I'll still take Troy -16.5. If you want to accept, post the points and I'll send you the 60 if I lose.

BOL