boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Our O-Line is one of the best and most experiences in the country as well. Still think it will be difficult for Miami to run the ball but if Duke gets yards on the ground Morris can light up the UF secondary. I just think UF is more likely to have a better time running the ball which may make Miami one-dimensional and it would be a long game. But if Miami jumps on UF taking away the running game UF is dead to right.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yes, if you stop our RB and we stop your RB, game could get interesting. Driskell doesn't do well when everyone knows he has to pass so hopefully we don't get in that situation. If we can't run the ball, we lose.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Miami has failed in big games in the past few years but I think this could be their year to turn it around... Golden's third year coaching, the team is finally his now; he's no longer coaching Randy Shannon's dysfunctional squad. With the recent addition of David Gilbert
    and Ufomba Kamalu, and tackle Justin Renfrow the Canes got depth on the D-line now which was a huge weakness for them so dont expect the gators to run all over them. I'm not putting money on this but watch out for the HURRICANES here is all I'm saying. Not as cut n dry as it looks.

Chance2087
    Chance2087's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3602

Seems very similar to last year's Tennessee Florida game. Thought we were gonna turn a corner that yr too.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

The line moved up just by a hair. I still think this line will be around -5 by kickoff.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Its not like miami is gonna have a home field advantage in this game. Their attendance is so shitty. Will be lots of UF Fans

RGG

Game is a sell out but yes will probably only be 60-40 Miami.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Florida scored a whopping 24 points against Toledo. And that was at home. This one's on the road and you'd have to say Miami's defense is at least a little bit better than Toledo's. I don't expect Florida will be able to depend solely on the run to beat Miami. This will be a close game that can go either way depending on the turnovers. I'm probably gonna lay off the spread and go with the under on total points.

sidr314
    sidr314's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think florida's defense is the difference maker here. miami's offense looked great but that was against FAU. their qb is not that great and panics with pressure plus florida is getting their best cb back this week. another receiver (Scott) for miami is out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury. their pass game will be shut down and although i think duke johnson is awesome and a great player he struggled against top ranked defenses last year and he is seems unwillingly to go up the middle too often. florida is also great at defending the run. florida's offense is so ugly at times but with the starting running back returning and mack brown playing really well last week, i think florida will run all over miami and then driskel just has to not penetrate up too bad. also i wouldn't pay much attention to the line movement to bet this game. classic week 1 over reactions and miami has a huge wealthy alumni that probably bet on miami heavy most games. the line should be at -6.5/7. -3 is a gift and as someone already said FSU on monday night was vegas giving away money, i feel like this is the same situation.

boss_of_um

Quote Originally Posted by sidr314 View Post
    i think florida's defense is the difference maker here. miami's offense looked great but that was against FAU. their qb is not that great and panics with pressure plus florida is getting their best cb back this week. another receiver (Scott) for miami is out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury. their pass game will be shut down and although i think duke johnson is awesome and a great player he struggled against top ranked defenses last year and he is seems unwillingly to go up the middle too often. florida is also great at defending the run. florida's offense is so ugly at times but with the starting running back returning and mack brown playing really well last week, i think florida will run all over miami and then driskel just has to not penetrate up too bad. also i wouldn't pay much attention to the line movement to bet this game. classic week 1 over reactions and miami has a huge wealthy alumni that probably bet on miami heavy most games. the line should be at -6.5/7. -3 is a gift and as someone already said FSU on monday night was vegas giving away money, i feel like this is the same situation.
    Stephen Morris is a top 3 Qb prospect for the NFL. Miami has the better QB and RB in the game but UF has a decided advantage at Defense. UF is more one-dimensional though but if that dimension is working they will win.

Mac4Lyfe

For whatever reason, I've never considered Morris a top tiered QB. I know he looks good in shorts and is athletic but I don't trust his decision making as he makes too many mistakes and is very inconsistent.

I'd take Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd, Aaron Murray, Johnny Manziel ahead of him. I'd lump Morris with David Fales, AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, and Marcus Mariota, maybe even Logan Thomas. He has a lot to prove me. We shall see this weekend.

I don't think Miami has the better offense this year. I think they can put up points against lousy defenses but are too one dimensional against good ones. UF stop the run and force Morris into mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    Stephen Morris is a top 3 Qb prospect for the NFL. Miami has the better QB and RB in the game but UF has a decided advantage at Defense. UF is more one-dimensional though but if that dimension is working they will win.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    AJ McCarron
    Marcus Mariota
    Braxton Miller
    Tajh Boyd
    Aaron Murray
    David Carr

Definitely not top 3. He basically had 3 great games at the end of last year where he excelled against two average defenses (Virginia & USF) and one awful defense (Duke). He certainly didn't look elite in Week 1.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Johnny Manziel
    Teddy Bridgewater
    AJ McCarron
    Marcus Mariota
    Braxton Miller
    Tajh Boyd
    Aaron Murray
    David Carr

Definitely not top 3. He basically had 3 great games at the end of last year where he excelled against two average defenses (Virginia & USF) and one awful defense (Duke). He certainly didn't look elite in Week 1.

I would throw the Missouri QB in there as well (hurt part of last year). No way Morris is a top 10 QB, much less top 3 LOL

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

So a friend laid it out for me today (He's a giant Miami fan) and I have also drawn some of my own conclusions from research here.

Breakdown of UF:
    UF vs Toledo, UF didn't have their starting RB last week. Toledo also was a bowl team that went 9-3 in the regular season, beating Cincinnati and almost beating Arizona, so a couple OKAY teams.)

Miami vs Florida ATL (Florida ATL was a team that went 3-9 and as a general consensus, they are a nobody team)

If you take the stats in comparison from both games you will see that they are similar, but also take into account that UF's starting RB wasn't there.

Now factor in that this game isn't even really a home game.

Pros for Miami:
    Stronger team than last year.
    Decent QB.

Cons for Miami:
    Defense still doesn't compare to an SEC defense.
    They dropped every major game that they played last year against "good" teams.

Pros for UF:
    Strong Run game
    VERY Strong defense.

Cons for UF:
    Unreliable QB
    They are the kind of team that won't ALWAYS give 110% of their effort if they think they are vastly superior. (Take the bowl game last year for example.)

Take this information with a grain of salt but I was 7-1-0 ATS last year during bowl games. SEC's toughness isn't a joke. These out of division games aren't pure luck when a team wins. There are divisions that are better than others, that's fact. I don't think that Miami is prepared to deal with the brutal intensity of the SEC. If you look at the trends for the last few years the SEC has been smashing people in general that aren't in their division. The only ones who have been stopping them been teams that usually end up in the top 10.

So take it how you want but -3 is considered to be a strong bet. If you aren't feeling comfortable the under looks pretty solid too. I personally am taking the -3 because I am putting this game as florida wins by a margin of 7-14 points.

9ersPride
    9ersPride's Avatar Become A Pro!

How sure are u on FLORIDA Mac??

Grunch
    Grunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2718

Quote Originally Posted by 9ersPride View Post
    Does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That line is ridiculous. I've already hammered it and about to hock some jewelry or cash in some savings bonds to bet the farm.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Phatman36 View Post
    Cons for UF:
    Unreliable QB
    They are the kind of team that won't ALWAYS give 110% of their effort if they think they are vastly superior. (Take the bowl game last year for example.)
    I think the in-state factor negates this. It's unlikely that UF will be anything but focused for this game.

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I think the in-state factor negates this. It's unlikely that UF will be anything but focused for this game.
    Yeah I agree, but just stating Florida's history out. I think after letting Louisville pound them last year in the bowl they won't let something like that happen this year.

sidr314

boss of um, yeh morris is SUPPOSED to be a top ncaa qb and nfl prospect but he has not been that great at all and as u can see many people here don't think of him as a top tier quaterback

sidr314

point is florida wins and covers the 3. u don't think so bet miami and keep the line low for the rest of us

RGG

I went ahead and put 5k on Florida -3. Might go ahead and sell a kidney or something to get some more cash. Way more than what I normally would bet on a game.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Florida and Miami clash this week in the SEC’s premier non-conference matchup in South Florida. The Hurricanes hold the overall 28-26 edge and have won seven of the last 11 since 1982. Florida won the last game in 2008, 26-3.
    Here’s what to look for Saturday:
    Containing the Duke: No, not John Wayne – Miami RB Duke Johnson. The Hurricanes’ feature back has the speed of former Gator Chris Rainey with more meat on ‘em. Time to die? Not quite. Johnson ran for 186 yards on 19 carries against FAU, including a 53-yard TD. Florida’s ability to contain Johnson and the running game will be paramount. Florida allowed just nine carries for 46 yards to Toledo’s 1,500-yard rusher last week. The defense allowed just 205 total yards – 50 rushing yards – in their dominant showing. But Miami isn’t Toledo, and they will feature better offensive line and skill position play.
    Trench play: Will Muschamp understands building a football team. He understands that winning in the SEC is built from the inside out, and although it’s not sexy, it’s effective. Florida may have the SEC’s best combo of offensive and defensive lines, along with the best defense. The O-line was much improved Saturday, allowing just two sacks and plowing the way for 262 rushing yards. Likewise, the defensive line dominated the game, and if not for some garbage offside penalties, Toledo’s offense would have been non-existent. DTs Dominique Easley and Leon Orr disrupted Toledo’s offense the entire game. Miami is a different animal, but they aren’t dominant on either side of the ball.
    It’s Florida’s game; the Gators embrace ugly. Muschamp doesn’t care if you want 30 points against Toledo, and he doesn’t care if you want to see more downfield throws. I’ll agree the vertical passing game has to improve upon last year if Florida wants win the SEC Championship. The Gators dominated time of possession 39:48 to Toledo’s 20:12, a signature during last year’s 11-win season. All Florida wants to do is beat people up. Winning the time of possession will keep the ball out of Duke Johnson’s hands and keep Florida running it down the Hurricane’s throat.
    Florida gets suspended players in CB Loucheiz Purifoy, LB Antonio Morrison and DT Darious Cummings back, as well as RB Matt Jones from a preseason illness. All five are impact players and will play major roles Saturday. How will missing week one affect each? The player who will be most affected is Matt Jones, who lost as much as 10 pounds due to the illness, and Florida won’t know how game ready he is until Saturday. Purifoy, Morrison and Cummings should be fine.

Source: Saturday Down South

RGG

Will be a great game to watch, especially for us UF/UM fans. I'm really excited.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Will be a great game to watch, especially for us UF/UM fans. I'm really excited.

RGG

Quote Originally Posted by tmgissy View Post
    If it was a night game I'd be going, but F going at noon in September.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

If it was a night game I'd be going, but F going at noon in September.
    Yeah still havent decided if im going to go or not yet

RGG

I even looked for tickets online and didn't find anything that excited me. I'm one of those people that if I go to a game, I want the best seat.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I even looked for tickets online and didn't find anything that excited me. I'm one of those people that if I go to a game, I want the best seat.
    I work for the school so Id be sittin in the student section

Mac4Lyfe

I am in very large on UF. Very, very large. I'm fukking scared to death that that line hasn't moved an inch. A lot of folks are hammering UF but the line hasn't budged... WTF is going on? My bet alone should have changed the line

Quote Originally Posted by 9ersPride View Post

suicidekings
    Update your status

Considering the vast majority of money will come in within 24-48 hours prior to kickoff, it's tough to get too excited about any line movement or lack thereof at this point. It would be a different story if one/both of these teams weren't very well known commodities. The books are confident that this line will balance them out well enough, and being saddled with a -3/+3.5 middle on this game could be devastating for what should be a high volume game.

RGG

BM still has UF moneyline at -150

boss_of_um

There is a reason Muschamp had guys suspended for 2 games originally then conveniently changed it to 1 game (yeah I am looking at you Morrison) to have available for this game.
    As for Morris being a Top 3/5 QB it was the assessment given during the Louisville game where they showed a list of Top QBs for the draft (think it was Todd McShay had him as #3).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Morris # 30 and #3 Qb listed.

Mac4Lyfe

Do you know why Morrison's suspension was reduced to 1 game (probably should be less)??? He got arrested for barking at a police dog. Are you fukking kidding me? I posted the video here a while back. Fukking Gainesville police are the worst. Arresting folks for jay walking, tazering folks for looking at them the wrong way, shooting a student with rubber bullets, blinding him in his own home. Most of the bogus arrests in Gville and Tallahassee won't even make the blotter in a big city like Miami.

I've seen Morris listed as high as 2 on NFL boards. I'm not nearly that high on him. I just don't think he can take a lot of pressure. I also don't think Johnson likes to get hit hard. We'll soon see.

There is a reason Muschamp had guys suspended for 2 games originally then conveniently changed it to 1 game (yeah I am looking at you Morrison) to have available for this game.
    As for Morris being a Top 3/5 QB it was the assessment given during the Louisville game where they showed a list of Top QBs for the draft (think it was Todd McShay had him as #3).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Morris # 30 and #3 Qb listed.

boss_of_um

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Do you know why Morrison's suspension was reduced to 1 game (probably should be less)??? He got arrested for barking at a police dog. Are you fukking kidding me? I posted the video here a while back. Fukking Gainesville police are the worst. Arresting folks for jay walking, tazering folks for looking at them the wrong way, shooting a student with rubber bullets, blinding him in his own home. Most of the bogus arrests in Gville and Tallahassee won't even make the blotter in a big city like Miami.

I've seen Morris listed as high as 2 on NFL boards. I'm not nearly that high on him. I just don't think he can take a lot of pressure. I also don't think Johnson likes to get hit hard. We'll soon see.
    So you are ignoring his first arrest in the off season? In Gainesville it takes a lot to get suspended so I guess a one game suspension per arrest is a step up in enforcing conduct compared to Urban. I agree the arrest itself was petty since acting like a moron is not against the law. Assault isn't though.

Mac4Lyfe

He got in an altercation with a bouncer, his first ever offense, get's barred from the team, comes back and is suspended for a game. He had to pay a fine, attend anger management classes, drug prevention classes and the charges was dropped. So you think he deserved more punishment for something that was dropped?

So you are ignoring his first arrest in the off season? In Gainesville it takes a lot to get suspended so I guess a one game suspension per arrest is a step up in enforcing conduct compared to Urban. I agree the arrest itself was petty since acting like a moron is not against the law. Assault isn't though.

First 123 Last