Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Texas Tech is Starting a Walk on at QB tonight

Johnny'$ Money
    Johnny'$ Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

This kid isn't a scrub. Won 3 straight state championships at Lake Travis. Coach is gonna help him out, as he did for JFF. I'd rather have Mayfield than Gilbert! Keep hyping up SMU, but I'm telling you this team has not and will not ever recover after the Death Penalty. And I'm sitting here sipping from a 1981 SMU SWC Champs coffee mug... And there's a reverse line movement. Wreck 'Em!

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

True freshman on the road first start? SMU isn't good and they're going to struggle. But TT won't be good this year either. Better bet is SMU but who knows how it will work out. Gilbert has potential to be big time but can't stop the turnovers

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Sounds like lot of folks think Gilbert going to turn it around. He has couple decent receivers to work with, but no run game and offensive line seems iffy. Should be no huddle and all air all the time. First half under 30.5 though for me was automatic.

Johnny'$ Money

On the road is a joke. I guarantee there will be way more red and black in Ford than red and blue. TT alums are all over Dallas (trust me, I live here). I like that I'm the minority on this pick... Go ahead, keep telling me I got this one wrong. Tech by more than a TD.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Stop trying to convince yourself. No one said u got it wrong. The wrong side wins plenty.

not just starting a true freshman on the road against a D that found its notch late and totally shut down one of the nations most explosive offense in Fresno State in the bowl game, you also are breaking in 4 new starters in the secondary. Going to be a really tight game.

Johnny'$ Money

Fair enough, I've had it locked in so we'll see how it plays out. GL

allamerican88
    allamerican88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Stop trying to convince yourself. No one said u got it wrong. The wrong side wins plenty.

not just starting a true freshman on the road against a D that found its notch late and totally shut down one of the nations most explosive offense in Fresno State in the bowl game, you also are breaking in 4 new starters in the secondary. Going to be a really tight game.
    Fresno Struggles with physical d lines especially that beast hunt for SMU.. those guys are no longer there..SMU has 5 starters on d and the d wasnt that good vs quality competition.. Look at there stats last year vs BIG12 teams..Starting a new qb off the street is worriesome but TT head coach is a QB guru and his system is more timing and dink and dunk meaning you dont have to have the best qb just and accurate one who gets the ball out.. I think the Athletes of TT will overwhelm SMU who has to rely on Gilbert more as they lost their running game and O line

Johnny'$ Money

Quote Originally Posted by allamerican88 View Post
    Fresno Struggles with physical d lines especially that beast hunt for SMU.. those guys are no longer there..SMU has 5 starters on d and the d wasnt that good vs quality competition.. Look at there stats last year vs BIG12 teams..Starting a new qb off the street is worriesome but TT head coach is a QB guru and his system is more timing and dink and dunk meaning you dont have to have the best qb just and accurate one who gets the ball out.. I think the Athletes of TT will overwhelm SMU who has to rely on Gilbert more as they lost their running game and O line
    Couldn't agree more - appreciate your input. QB guru is a great way to put it. The guy understands college football QB's.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'$ Money View Post
    Couldn't agree more - appreciate your input. QB guru is a great way to put it. The guy understands college football QB's.

And June Jones and Hal Mumme don't? I have SMU +180 and if a true freshman beats me with a 34 yr old coach and 1 career interception in cfb on their entire roster then so be it. I lived in DFW for 11 years myself and I know the place will be swarming with red-n-black but its better than playing in Lubbock. My ex-wife graduated from McMurray where Hal Mumme just came from. Mumme is too unstructured (or something?) to be a good head coach but he should be able to coach up Gilbert and the offense. Once again I'll take my chances with all that experience against TTs situation but thats why they call it gambling.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    And June Jones and Hal Mumme don't? I have SMU +180 and if a true freshman beats me with a 34 yr old coach and 1 career interception in cfb on their entire roster then so be it. I lived in DFW for 11 years myself and I know the place will be swarming with red-n-black but its better than playing in Lubbock. My ex-wife graduated from McMurray where Hal Mumme just came from. Mumme is too unstructured (or something?) to be a good head coach but he should be able to coach up Gilbert and the offense. Once again I'll take my chances with all that experience against TTs situation but thats why they call it gambling.
    June Jones has done very little with SMU QB's so far. Kyle Padron flamed out, Garrett Gilbert has been terrible at both Texas and SMU. I think it's probably a coin flip game to be honest.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Smu smu smu smu smu smu smu, you guys ever heard of Doege??????????????????????????? Can tell by this thread smu getting fukkin smoked. Bunhca idiots taking a GARBAGE team.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Texas Tech has a system. Don't matter who qb is. Smu is dog shit.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

This is the game i'm looking forward too watch today. I think it will be close IMHO

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

smu lost basically their entire front 7

and its basically a neutral site game and not a true road game

long as the kid takes care of the ball in the redzone Tech should be fine. They return some nice weapons in the backfield to help him out

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Laid 5 with Tech. Feel comfortable.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Texas Tech has a system. Don't matter who qb is. Smu is dog shit.

ebelisle22

brings me back to boston university, beginning of season, guy walks on as a forward, people laughing saying bu is a joke for taking the kid. he finished top 2 on the team now plays in the NHL. This QB is the real deal IMO

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

I have no action tonight. I had ole miss last night And South Carolina ML.

I say the play here is over 60. Two offenses that will hit for big plays. Hope for a couple picks that turn into Tds or good field position. I'd take smu +4 if I had too. Freshman on the road. Definitely could have a few errors especially if the crowd is awake.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Lol. Smu no heart. Tech free money. Gl to all of you betting on shit like June jones.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Lol. Smu no heart. Tech free money. Gl to all of you betting on shit like June jones.
    Kind of hard to have heart with the refs raping you that bad

ebelisle22

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Kind of hard to have heart with the refs raping you that bad
    i agree that was the turning point in the game

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    i agree that was the turning point in the game
    Can't get a break.
    First USU now SMU
    I wish I could get a game that doesn't involve some ultimate B.S

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

SMU defense still trashy as ever.

Gilbert is horrible. He ran into at least 5 drive killing sacks tonight. Have to remember this shit performance the next time I fade these clowns.

Their defense made this freshman walk on look like a Heisman candidate in his first game.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    SMU defense still trashy as ever.

Gilbert is horrible. He ran into at least 5 drive killing sacks tonight. Have to remember this shit performance the next time I fade these clowns.

Their defense made this freshman walk on look like a Heisman candidate in his first game.
    What most non-Tech people didn't know (until ESPN announcers mentioned it), was that the kid wasn't your run-of-the-mill walk on... kid is/was a stud that simply didn't get the offer HE wanted. Tech is damn lucky he decided to grace them with his presence.