daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Question about South Carolina

Didn't they lose a lot of talent from last season?

Lattimore, Ace Sanders, Swearinger, some 6'7 monster defensive end?

They just reloading or will they miss these guys? I can't imagine Ace will be easily replaced.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

They just reloading or will they miss these guys? I can't imagine Ace will be easily replaced.
    yes but they have probably one of the best defensive lines if not thee best defensive line in The Sec in clowney, quarles, sutton , Surratt some good depth behind them like most good sec teams they simply reload

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Everyone is on em.

Not going to fall for it.

Pass

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Everyone is on em.

Pass
    This is how I feel about condit

TheFlash
    TheFlash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1735

Everyone is on em.

Pass
    Last time I checked just because everyone is one a team it doesn't mean they lose....... Brb. Everyone on the heat last year yet what happened?

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

I agree w/ teaser in that USC has arguably the best starting DL in the SEC. I don't however necessarily agree that they have quality depth, yet, behind the 1st team bc the backups are SO & FR w/ not a whole lot of experience. USC should be able to get plenty pressure on opposing qb's w/o bringing add'l rushers. I think this is key for the back 7 bc USC is young & inexperienced especially at LB. Their front 4 should get so much attention that it will free up those LBs to move around in space and just make plays.

We know about the DL bc of Clowney but on the otherside of the ball, the OL should be just as dominate. Think OL for UGA & USC is arguably 1a and 1b in the SEC. Two young but talented backs should have plenty of holes behind this OL. Ace was a huge playmaker at WR and on special teams so hard to replace a kid like Ace. Besides Byrd and Ellington not much experience at WR but enough talent to spread it around.

I don't like laying this many pts so early. I've seen USC w/ tendency to play down to their opponents to open season. I think a lot of it has to do w/ who is on deck for USC. The UGA game is huge so alway seem to do just enough to win first game as they look ahead to UGA.

I don't know if USC covers but USC will dominate the LOS and it will feel as if
    they are dominating. Not sure it translates to the scoreboard. UNC qb good enough to get a small victory by leading a 4th quarter drive to backdoor. 24-13 type game.

Good luck boyz but think I will stay away. Gun to my head would have to take the points. Just too many for opening game when USC has the Dawgs on deck!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

silvertonguefox is right on both usc lines should dominate. UNC had a great offensive line last season but has lost most of it. they should really struggle against USC. loving UNC u22.5 pts, not sure how many USC scores

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    This is how I feel about condit

teaserpleaser

lol bigday you know I know my mma like Walter white says "tread lightly" on -240 vs kampmann you already locked in?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Will use Bruce Ellington and Damiere Byrd as the Ace Sanders.....not as flashy in Ellington's case but damn good players, Byrd is probably faster straight line......they are so deep with talent at WRs and TEs but could miss Ace on special teams more so.....Again they have a couple guys that could go the distance but Ace will be missed

Devin Taylor the D-end was a very good player opposite Clowney, but they have Chaz Sutton to replace him.....Think he had 6 sacks last year as a backup.....Probably have one of, if not, the best D-lines in College Football

RB- Think they only lost 1 game without Lattimore in the last 2 seasons he got hurt......Mike Davis (Brother of former Clemson RB James Davis) is going to tear it up, Also have Brandon Wilds who filled in for Lattimore nicely in 2011

Swearinger hurts the most of all.....they obviously have some highly touted guys at DB but little experience

Also replacing linebackers.....None were all that great but still

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

well dawg u said it all . only thing i can add is GO COCKS !!!!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I say this with confidence. This is the most talented Football team South Carolina has ever had. EVER

Yeah they lost Lattimore but they were without him the majority of last season.

this team has the best QB situation they have ever had. In my opinion back up QB Dylan Thompson by the end of the season may be the 2nd best QB in the SEC behind Johnny Football. He can throw the football like a mofo and he is a cocky son of a bitch too , he's got that it factor.

Their WR core is solid. And this is by far the best defense they have ever had.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Everyone is on em.

Pass
    who gives a fukk big day?

you think this game is rigged?

UNC gonna get stomped!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bruce Ellington tweeked his hamstring in ptactice (again) on Sunday and is questionable for the game.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

South Carolina -5.5
    titans week 1 +15

(ties win)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's SEC vs ACC. The back ups of SEC are better than the starters of ACC. North Carolina has no size or speed in the defense to stop South Carolina from scoring in the 40's.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's SEC vs ACC. The back ups of SEC are better than the starters of ACC. North Carolina has no size or speed in the defense to stop South Carolina from scoring in the 40's.
    this is true.

I just hope spurrier comes out aggressive as hell with his play calling . none of this messing around conservative bullshit

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Do you guys believe everything that Steele tells you? South Carolina will take a step back on their defensive line, but they still will be good. Their problem is at LB, where they really need help. The secondary is average at best. A good passing QB can pick South Carolina's defense apart. Spurrier had better get some production out of his offense because he is going to need it. It would also help if Spurrier learned how to defeat an SEC West team. Since Spurrier has been there, South Carolina is a pathetic 6-15 S/U against SEC West opponents.

Lowpine
    Update your status
    Lowpine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4228

I think they take the East this year. Spurrier is confident. Clowney/Quarles are as good a combo as anyone has. I'm really high on Conner Shaw when healthy, the backup is actually a better pure passer. Oline was a weakness last year but it can't hurt that 4 of them return. They get Uf at home after a bye and Georgia the week after they come off a big time (loss)game.

They did lose a bunch on defense but they've been good on that side of the ball since Spurrier arrived, so I'm not as concerned as I am with Georgia taking a step back.

Not playing it but I don't really like them to cover against NC though.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Do you guys believe everything that Steele tells you? South Carolina will take a step back on their defensive line, but they still will be good. Their problem is at LB, where they really need help. The secondary is average at best. A good passing QB can pick South Carolina's defense apart. Spurrier had better get some production out of his offense because he is going to need it. It would also help if Spurrier learned how to defeat an SEC West team. Since Spurrier has been there, South Carolina is a pathetic 6-15 S/U against SEC West opponents.
    And have absolutely dominated their own division SEC East......Atleast for the last 3-4 years