Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry N. Lloyd's Week 1 College Football Plays

Boyz,

Very excited about college football being back in action. I've been studying this card for a few weeks and have definitely isolated a few plays that I like.

One play in particular jumps out at me, strictly from a mathematical viewpoint. The Badgers of Wisconsin are a 44- point favorite over UMass, with the total set at 52- points. My instinct is to play the Minutemen of UMass and also play the game to go OVER the total. 2 separate plays, not a parlay. If UMass scores even 4 points in the game, I cannot lose both bets. (ie, 49-4) Sure I could split and lose my vig, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Wisconsin has a new coaching staff so I can't imagine they're hitting on all cylinders yet. Even against a tomato can team, this is a lot of points to cover on opening day. UMass will likely put up more than a field goal.

UMASS +44-
    UMASS/WISCONSIN - OVER 52-

It's largely a hedge play, but there is a much higher percentage of me winning both plays than losing both........so I'm willing to risk the vig.

As I said, I've got more glamorous picks in store but this one is in play.

As always, best of luck.....
    Harry

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

Welcome back Harry.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

I like it. They didn't beat the Huskers by 44 right at it. And the over is the play.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Gonna add these 2 Thursday night games to my weekly card.....

UTAH -3 over UTAH STATE --- The Aggies hadn't beaten the Utes since 1997 until they popped them in OT last year in Logan. State does return a lot of starters but after last year's success they lost their Head Coach to Wisconsin. It's gonna be a daunting situation for the new staff. Utah is historically very tough at home and with big revenge in mind I will lay the short price.

FRESNO STATE -11 over RUTGERS --- The Bulldogs are also a very tough team at home. They return 16 starters from last year's squad, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. Rutgers meanwhile returns only 6 on offense and 4 on defense. Their stop squad was great last year but their best players have moved on, including 2 DB's and an LB that got drafted. The late night west coast start won't help either. Fresno will shred them through the air. All Bulldogs here.

As always, best of luck.
    Harry