Betpoints: 6881

lol #7

Poor texas fans, not looking good.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Opie, check in.

Texas has a hungry winner on their hands now.

I actually see pretty good things for Texas in the future.

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

No opinion on Strong, but I find it funny TX thinks this guy will lead them to the promised land. The guy coached a Louisville team for the most part during his time there played teams without winning records, teams that didn't win a game in two years almost in USM, along with teams that could really care if they were in a game or not. So he beat the 2012 FL team in a bowl game along with the U this year in a bowl game as well.

I think it will be interesting to see how he does against teams like OU, Baylor, KSU year in and year out. I'm sure he will be able to recruit better at UT than at Louisville, but it will also be interesting to see if he tried to open doors back up in parts of TX instead of focusing all his attention on FL. With Briles, Stoops, and Kingsbury, knowing the areas so well and him knowing little about TX this is what I look forward to.

2014 should be an interesting year in UT football, if Strong does not win more than 8 games this year will the fans question the hire? How long will he get to produce a Champion there? With the new playoff format will they even be in a Championship conversation at any point in the near future. I say give him 6-7 years and if he is not there UT goes in another direction. Just my insight.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Love it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

That's refreshing as hell. I see Texas losing a lot of talented recruits if he sticks to it....which means he either won't stick to it, or he won't be around long.

bubblebuttluv

While it is well known that I am not a fan of the Longhorns, I would much rather have them win the Big 12 then that douche bag Stoops.

I hope the Longhorns win the Big 12 again within a few years and if Strong stays strict with these rules then they will.

If you can keep athletes focused on their sport and not on drugs or women, then they can do big things.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texas is not Louisville were talking about two different worlds here

Louisvilje the minor leagues Texas is the big leagues

tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    While it is well known that I am not a fan of the Longhorns, I would much rather have them win the Big 12 then that douche bag Stoops.

I hope the Longhorns win the Big 12 again within a few years and if Strong stays strict with these rules then they will.

If you can keep athletes focused on their sport and not on drugs or women, then they can do big things.
    Every school that has athletes will either have to deal with it's players being focused on women or drugs. Those two things just come natural. Hell, look at Aaron Hernandez, do you honestly think he wasn't focused on sex, drugs, gangs while at FL? Shit, his roommate was Tebow and there was allegations of stuff surrounding him as far back as then.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Opie I thought you went to Wharton, pal????

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not his writing, 2nd hand accounts but I guess that's what he has been saying. Solid message.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, there went longhorn recruiting. Your welcome Oklahoma TCU and A@M! Zippy the chimp has spoken!

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlie will be successful and then head to UF to put out the dumpster fire Muschamp started.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    Charlie will be successful and then head to UF to put out the dumpster fire Muschamp started.
    Rather be at UT than UF. UT you have more pull. UF is sec, pass.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Opie I thought you went to Wharton, pal????
    Grad school, pal.

Sharpen up.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Grad school, pal.

Sharpen up.
    Did you know Michael Milken?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I really really love that. But why isnt this a time for rebuilding? Thats exactly what it is. Why does Charlie have to win this year? Mac sure as shit wasnt. I dont expect Texas to be good for a few years. He didnt recruit these current kids.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You mean the Texas Longhorns are talking a big game before they have even played a game?

As an OU fan, I'm shocked.

I guess we give Strong a pat on the back because he is requiring players to attend class and not to steal, use drugs, or beat women? Basically he is requiring his team not to get arrested and stay eligible....

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    You mean the Texas Longhorns are talking a big game before they have even played a game?

As an OU fan, I'm shocked.
    As shocked as you were when we whooped that ass last year??

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigDofBA

As shocked as you were when we whooped that ass last year??
    Yes, Texas did whoop OU last year.

I'll give Texas credit when they beat Stoops because in the last decade not only has OU won the majority of the games between the two schools, several have been like 50 point beat downs. So yes, Texas had their day and got us last year.

Texas needs to win more conference titles. In the last 14 years OU has 8 conference titles and Texas has like 2. That's pretty pathetic when you have the resources Texas does.

Texas should not be getting dominated like this when in a lot of these games OU was barely favored:

(2000) Oklahoma 63 - Texas 14
    (2003) Oklahoma 65 - Texas 13
    (2011) Oklahoma 55 - Texas 17
    (2012) Oklahoma 63 - Texas 21
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-18-14 at 10:43 AM.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yes, Texas did whoop OU last year.

I'll give Texas credit when they beat Stoops because the majority of the time OU is winning that game by like 50 points.

Texas needs to win more conference titles. In the last 14 years OU has 8 conference titles and Texas has like 2. That's pretty pathetic when you have the resources Texas does.
    1000% agree.

And we both know....that OU was going to come back and win that game last year, they simply ran out of time.

No question the Sooners were the better team.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BigDofBA

1000% agree.

And we both know....that OU was going to come back and win that game last year, they simply ran out of time.

No question the Sooners were the better team.
    If you read what I was trying to say, I gave Texas credit. They were the better team last year.

All I'm saying is that for a program that has more resources than anyone, they don't do a whole lot with it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeah...Red McCombs loves the guy....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Charlie Who?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDawg View Post
    it's funny that most people have no clue that he was a big part of the urban meyer regime at UF....including a few posters in this thread based on some of the comments

the jobs are so similar that it might be more of a lateral move but being that UF was home for him I could see this happening

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

We'll will find out if the 4 and 5 star H.S. recruits like these rules as much as we do.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

hell last 3-4 years max

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I really really love that. But why isnt this a time for rebuilding? Thats exactly what it is. Why does Charlie have to win this year? Mac sure as shit wasnt. I dont expect Texas to be good for a few years. He didnt recruit these current kids.
    Charlie does not have to win this season, but he does in the next three seasons or he is three and out. The alumni are not exactly thrilled about this hire. He may be putting on a good show now, but wait until the OU game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The moving back into the dorm will go over like a fart in church. The rest of them aren't that big of a deal

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Shit Fukk!

That's all I gotta say

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you are a Texas fan, prepare for three years of the same thing you just went through with Mack Brown. The Texas schedule for 2014 includes back to back non-con games vs BYU and at Arlington vs UCLA. Then, they host Baylor the week BEFORE the OU game. Then they finish up with 3 conference games out of 4 on the road. I easily see a 3 loss season just by looking at the schedule alone. Add in the loss of 4 starters on the offensive line, and Texas will not be in the Big 12 Championship hunt this season.

Let's see how badly OU, A&M, and other schools out-recruit Texas, with their hard-ass HC. Good luck with that attitude, Charlie.