Kimchi5
    Kimchi5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Tech vs SMU

Anyone else going in on this game? TTU -5.5 looks like an easy play.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I've got TTU-5.5 as well. They have a great receiving corps which will help out Davis Webb/Baker Mayfield, as both could see split time as true Freshmen QBs, and their strength offensively could actually lie in the running game. They've got so many good RBs that they actually had to move SaDale Foster to slot receiver since there wasn't room enough for him. The good thing about having Kliff Kingsbury as HC is he will not be opposed to pounding the football if that means that it will produce points. Tech's secondary is a strength of their defense, and they thrive on playing against sub-par offenses which SMU, with the loss of Zach Line, certainly qualifies. Garrett Gilbert has been completely underwhelming since coming to SMU from UT, and even though the game is being played @SMU, there are a ton of Tech alums in the DFW area, and the 'road' game certainly won't feel like one to the Red Raiders. I can't see Tech not covering at least a touchdown, and I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see them win by 21+.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I have a hard time like TT here. QB from last year gone and the starter this year is out. I actually think SMU has plenty in the tank to get the cover here with a great shot at winning SU. GL though, prob a no play for me bc too many unknowns.