gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Northern Illinois +3 @ Iowa?

Northern Illinois should be much better team?

NIllinois has been ATS machine the last few years on road (home too).....

definitely seen some suggestion Iowa will be quite improved this year, although i've seen opposite too.

i would assume Iowa has pretty good HFA.....

still this seems like the wrong team favoured to me.

any thoughts? thanks in advance!!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Iowa's HC ferentz is on the hot seat. A loss at home to N.Illinois would really heat things up for him. I would not wager against him in this situation, especially since NIU has a new HC.

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is a no touch for me. I'm surprised Northern Illinois is the dog though. If anything Iowa -1 but oh well

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful on this one. UNI had one of their best teams every last year and Iowa had one of their worst teams ever and Iowa beat them outright in Northern Illinois last year. Also, UNI lost their head coach which is huge. UNI also doesn't have a very good run defense which plays into Iowa's favor as they are a conservative offense with good RB's and great OT that likes to pound the run mostly. Obviously home field advantage is huge. UNI record last year is pretty misleading due to competition which is only reason this line is so low with them on the road. The QB struggled against Iowa and FSU, the two big schools he played last year.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Love the value here
    Uni wins by 10
    Past performance, situations, trends, tendencies mean=ship.
    Just going by stAts blur great thing is I only have to be right 57% of the time.

Jrock82
    Jrock82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 808

I think Iowa -3 is the correct play for a few reasons.

*IA is coming off their worst season in in over decade and need to start fast with the fans getting restless for an improved team. They know how important this game is and will come out ready.
    *IA will have a very good run game, which NIU may be able to slow down early, but will pay dividends by end of game.
    *NIU top returning rusher is out for this game.
    *Iowa defenese will is better than people think right now.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock82 View Post
    I think Iowa -3 is the correct play for a few reasons.

*IA is coming off their worst season in in over decade and need to start fast with the fans getting restless for an improved team. They know how important this game is and will come out ready.
    *IA will have a very good run game, which NIU may be able to slow down early, but will pay dividends by end of game.
    *NIU top returning rusher is out for this game.
    *Iowa defenese will is better than people think right now.
    isnt Lynch NIU's top returning rusher? I believe he is playing!

Jrock82

True...I meant at the RB position.

Riprob
    Riprob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1321

IA FAN here

I am not touching this game as I don't bet my favorite team (hawks). I turn into a homer and lose money when i do.
    Ferentz may be on the hot seat with the media, but not with their AD, too high of a contract buyout for termination.

IA's defense should be improved, however, we have had trouble with the mobile QBs historically (even when we had very highly rated defenses)...I think this will be a close, close game...if rudock doesn't play like vandenburg did for ia last year. As crummy as they were last year, their D kept them close in most games they should have otherwise been blow out in...they did lose 5 of their combined games by 15 total points...

although ia did beat NIU at soldier field last year, ia ripped off a 20 ish yd td run near the end of the game to win it...it was an ugly, ugly game that i fee IA got outplayed in...if lynch is able to get loose and do some things, i think niu wins...if rudock gets something going (above average qb play), ia has a shot...

Jrock82

I don't think that Rudock will be asked to do a whole lot this first game. I think they are going to ask him to protect the ball and make the easy play. They are going to ground and pound. I believe that a heavy dose of running will keep NIU's best player (Lynch) off the field. I believe that you will see a heavy does of Weisman, Bullock, Canzeri sprinkled with a pass here or there.

I do agree that this will be a close game throughout, but the constant pounding of the run game, IA should be able to get some separation in the 4th quarter.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Is there a line where N. Ill. gives 3 pts. I'd take that for extra money.

Tahoejoe
    Tahoejoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Iowa's HC ferentz is on the hot seat. A loss at home to N.Illinois would really heat things up for him. I would not wager against him in this situation, especially since NIU has a new HC.
    What is your definition of a "new coach"? He is last years OC and will use the same system as last year when they went 12-2.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Be careful on this one. UNI had one of their best teams every last year and Iowa had one of their worst teams ever and Iowa beat them outright in Northern Illinois last year. Also, UNI lost their head coach which is huge. UNI also doesn't have a very good run defense which plays into Iowa's favor as they are a conservative offense with good RB's and great OT that likes to pound the run mostly. Obviously home field advantage is huge. UNI record last year is pretty misleading due to competition which is only reason this line is so low with them on the road. The QB struggled against Iowa and FSU, the two big schools he played last year.
    sweetjizz u fck!