TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Rutgers/Fresno State (-10)

Bizarre line here. I made this line Fresno State -3 and that includes a generous home field advantage. I'll admit my only worry right out of the box. Derek Carr is one of the best unknown QB's in football and Rutgers secondary will be shaky IMO. On the plus side, Rutgers O-Line returns 86 combined starts and brings back the top QB in Nova. They also get Savon Huggins back at RB who was very highly regarded out of HS. Not to mention, the top WR who caught 10 TD's last year. The defensive line will be really good for Rutgers as well, LB's will be average. The secondary lost 3 players to the NFL last year. Fresno brings back 16 starters and will be very good everywhere except at LB. Any other thoughts?

tru
    tru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

im wit u. I made it around a td but unles I get 14 on Rutgers I wont bet it. I think im overvaluing Rutgers, im big on fresno so I know I cant bet +10 or even +11. I was shocked when I finished week 1 card it wasn't higher I honestly though I would be on fresno week 1 wit how much higher than last year I have them

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Problem is if backing RU which Nova you get. nobody has a clue.He was horrific 2nd half last season. He is bit of head case so look for conservative play calling early, RU should have line of scrimmage advantage on offense even with plodding Huggins (reports are he doesn't look too good) to grind it out. RU has to stop run on D with zero safety help, they will be playing deep. I think Fresno runs and dinks/dunks them to death first half, then get aggressive second half. See a 4-7pt lead into last 10 mins of game, then Fresno scores late to put it away.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I think this line is just a shade high, but I would probably play UNDER before playing Rutgers.

Vegasman702
    Vegasman702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Rutgers was overrated last year. Their D kept them in many games. They lost almost that entire D. They still won't be able to score and will give up way more. Fresno St by 14.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

people going a bit too crazy on fresno state. I think it's a 2012 story, although sometimes these stories continue... marshall is more of a 2013 story. maybe an obvious one? .. but Rutgers lost most of their returning starters. i'd say play fresno or better play UNDER (as I think Rutgers is pretty pesky but won't score much)

EzekielMowatt
    EzekielMowatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    I think this line is just a shade high, but I would probably play UNDER before
    playing Rutgers.
    Under first half would be only possible play for me.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    people going a bit too crazy on fresno state. I think it's a 2012 story
    No, Its a team thats has jumped out at everybody from nowhere. Last year only a select few like me were on the Fresno Train that cashed most of last season

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i was fresno last year too. maybe not the general public .... i just see a bit too much love for fresno on here this year.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i was fresno last year too. maybe not the general public .... i just see a bit too much love for fresno on here this year.

I just think its now more known to all that they are a solid team and wont be under-the-radar like last few seasons

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

145 Rutgers 55.0
    146 Fresno State -10

This matchup stands out to me the most on the Week 1 Card. It features 2 second year coaches coming off 9-4 seasons, however both teams enter this season going in completely different directions. Rutgers is going into a transition period and this is Fresno's year to maybe even make a run at a BCS game.

Rutgers had one of the better defense's in NCAAF last year, and actually held 9 teams to 15 or lower points. That's quite an achievement but they only return 4 starters from that unit. On offense they do return Gary Nova at QB but I've just never been a fan of him. He looks good at times but then he'll turn around and throw 3 picks. He also lost his RB Jawan Jamison who made things much easier on the offense. They are just a very young team, who's building for the Big 10 move and traveling across the country to open the year against a very hungry Bulldog team spells doom.

Fresno on the other hand returns 15 starters including one of the better qb's in the nation in Redshirt Senior Derek Carr. He has weapons all over the field and they play fast, and confident and can light up the scoreboard in a hurry. The defense returns 8 starters from a unit that was very solid last season. I think this team is motivated and pissed off from the way they ended last year by getting smoked in the Hawaii bowl by SMU, 43-10.

This is a very difficult task for the young Knight's to start their season that far away from home against the much more experienced Bulldogs.

I think Fresno's will score on their first drive or 2 which will put Nova in a situation where he has to throw more than he'd like and that will lead to mistakes. That will make the flight back to Jersey feel like an eternity.

I have no problem laying the 10 in this spot as I see Fresno State winning this game something like 34-13.

Laying $110 to win $100 Fresno State -10

I also did this as well:

ML Parlay +105

Fresno State -360
    South Carolina -390
    Florida St -360

Risking $200 to win $210

Will probably be my only 2 plays for week 1

Any thoughts are welcomed and good luck going forward.
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 08-26-13 at 12:00 AM.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    145 Rutgers 55.0
    146 Fresno State -10

This matchup stands out to me the most on the Week 1 Card. It features 2 second year coaches coming off 9-4 seasons, however both teams enter this season going in completely different directions. Rutgers is going into a transition period and this is Fresno's year to maybe even make a run at a BCS game.

Rutgers had one of the better defense's in NCAAF last year, and actually held 9 teams to 15 or lower points. That's quite an achievement but they only return 4 starters from that unit. On offense they do return Gary Nova at QB but I've just never been a fan of him. He looks good at times but then he'll turn around and throw 3 picks. He also lost his RB Jawan Jamison who made things much easier on the offense. They are just a very young team, who's building for the Big 10 move and traveling across the country to open the year against a very hungry Bulldog team spells doom.

Fresno on the other hand returns 15 starters including one of the better qb's in the nation in Redshirt Senior Derek Carr. He has weapons all over the field and they play fast, and confident and can light up the scoreboard in a hurry. The defense returns 8 starters from a unit that was very solid last season. I think this team is motivated and pissed off from the way they ended last year by getting smoked in the Hawaii bowl by SMU, 43-10.

This is a very difficult task for the young Knight's to start their season that far away from home against the much more experienced Bulldogs.

I think Fresno's will score on their first drive or 2 which will put Nova in a situation where he has to throw more than he'd like and that will lead to mistakes. That will make the flight back to Jersey feel like an eternity.

I have no problem laying the 10 in this spot as I see Fresno State winning this game something like 34-13.

Laying $110 to win $100 Fresno State -10

I also did this as well:

ML Parlay +105

Fresno State -360
    South Carolina -390
    Florida St -360

Risking $200 to win $210

Will probably be my only 2 plays for week 1

Any thoughts are welcomed and good luck going forward.
    Great write-up friend!

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I like Fresno St. for many of the reasons already mentioned. The QB discrepancy is comical and the early week cross country travel along with a 10:30 internal clock kickoff is tough even for week 1.

9.5 is a big number but don't think it's enough. 37-20 Fresno

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

well, I'm on the opposite side of this....I've got Rutgers in a tease (+16.5) and quite frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Rutgers win straight up let alone cover the generous spread...Everybody said the same thing last year when Rutgers went into Arkansas and handed the Razorbacks their SEC asses!...My one and only concern is the inconsistency of QB Gary Nova...but like I mentioned in the other thread now that he has a year under his belt and more practices and experience, he should improve...Stud RB Shavon Huggins will be playing with a chip on his shoulder and WR Brandon Coleman is just as good as anybody in the country and will likely be a high 1st round draft pick in the NFL draft if he chooses to come out...Also, Rutgers has 13 starters returning...you guys make it sound like they are depleted...and the incoming freshmen and sophmore class is pretty talented so it's more like reloading and not rebuilding...

Muscles Diablo
    Muscles Diablo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

FYI - My Vegas sources said that multiple bets of 5 figure sharp money just came in on Fresno and the chalk this afternoon.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Muscles Diablo View Post
    FYI - My Vegas sources said that multiple bets of 5 figure sharp money just came in on Fresno and the chalk this afternoon.
    Interesting.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Dr bob released a best bet on fresno. Thats probably the source of the big money

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

He released that at 1pm

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Dr bob released a best bet on fresno. Thats probably the source of the big money
    Don't need a PHD for this one...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    No, Its a team thats has jumped out at everybody from nowhere. Last year only a select few like me were on the Fresno Train that cashed most of last season
    and then you got buried horribly in the bowl game.

for your sake i hope they play better, cant shake what a joke of a team i saw in that game.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    and then you got buried horribly in the bowl game.

for your sake i hope they play better, cant shake what a joke of a team i saw in that game.
    U still thinkin about the past I'm focused on $$$ right now Post some numbers then come holler small-time

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    U still thinkin about the past I'm focused on $$$ right now Post some numbers then come holler small-time
    those that dont learn from the past, repeat it. dont get your panties in a bunch already kid

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    those that dont learn from the past, repeat it. dont get your panties in a bunch already kid
    no season thread = troll

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Lol already...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331