Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maryland -20 vs Fla International shoul be easy $$$.

Maryland has 7 starters back on offense and 5 back on defense,but more importantly they'll have an able quarterback returning in senior CJ Brown.Last year injuries at that position crippled Maryland's season as they had to resort to playing a converted linebacker at quarterback.FIU only has 4 returning starters on both sides of the ball and that is from a 3-9 team from a year ago so I don't see much improvement here like Maryland has.This team is going suck and will be lucky to win two games this year and the line had opened at -15 now has jumped to -20 so looks like a 34-10 game to me so I would suggest laying the points here with Maryland.I can't wait til next Thursday.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

34-10 is only 24 points and really leaves the door open for a back door cover. Maryland has done very poorly with Edsall, going 6-18 S/U. They should handle this team rather easily, but last season they got by William and Mary by 1 point, and have won a grand total of 3 games at home in the past two seasons. That scares me off of this game.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Florida International will cover this spread. Who the eff do the oddsmakers think Maryland is, laying almost three touchdowns? Maryland might struggle to cover this even if they pitched a shutout. Yea I know, they had a linebacker playing QB last year. Big whoop...so they patched up that problem and now they're just gonna start rollin mofos? I don't buy it. On FIU? Yes sir I am.

Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will see,but I think Maryland will be much improved this year and FIU should get punched in the mouth here,but it's just a feeling that's all.

footballace
    footballace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

THis is a complete no play in my opinion. Maryland could come out of the gates flat here expecting to win. That is a lot of point to be laying on a team with plenty of question marks.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

you guys seem to be forgetting fiu was one of worst teams in cfb ly and any playmakers they had are gone and Turner is a crap coach...maryland wont get many chances to paste teams but this will be one of those games, fiu has no shot at containing diggs, who is almost as good or maybe equal to Sammie Watkins and throw in juco transfer Long at wr, they are going to open up the run game.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by Death Valley View Post
    Will see,but I think Maryland will be much improved this year and FIU should get punched in the mouth here,but it's just a feeling that's all.
    I don't trust a team like Maryland covering a three score spread in the opener. This isn't an endorsement of FIU by any means, just not sure what you are going to get from the Terps. The ACC (and Maryland) have a recent history of underachieving in early non-conference play. I think Maryland will be a much improved team towards the middle/end of the season, but I'm not willing to wager on it in week 1.

A lot of other quality bets on the board to be looking at than this one.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

fiu lost everything and goes from cristobal to ron turner lmao.

edsall is still a good coach, like someone else said they had massive injury issues at qb last year.

i think maryland could be worthy of a small play here, fiu team under might be good as well.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Maryland lost the playmakers from their D. I have to pass on this one.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Maryland lost the playmakers from their D. I have to pass on this one.
    this is true but it might not matter in this game.

fiu only 1 returning OL starter, the total has been falling 2.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

That's right, it might not matter. This could be a bigtime blowout -- Maryland is definitely going to want to take out last year's frustration on someone, and I do like QB Brown, and FIU is going to suck. So, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of this play.