thariteonebaby
    thariteonebaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

moneyline parlay who blows it?

South Carolina -400...Fresno State -360...USC...-1800...Alabama -1050...Penn State -290...Oklahoma State -425...Who blows it?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Possibly Penn State.

thariteonebaby

Yeah I was thinking them too...I'd like to get a -300 or lower team in there to have a decent payout...problem is finding it

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Yeah, I think Penn St. is risky but I also think UNC could surprise the Gamecocks opening night.

Eddy Munny

If you're looking to moneyline a small favorite to enhance your payout, I'd choose Washington Huskies or maybe Utah St. for an even better payout.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

I would personally stay away from Utah St. With the new coach and all

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    If you're looking to moneyline a small favorite to enhance your payout, I'd choose Washington Huskies or maybe Utah St. for an even better payout.
    Eddy-- it seems you and I are the only 2 riding Utah State.

I absolutely love them in this spot.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

Right on....wish I could have gotten them @ the opening line of +4.5 but I'll take whatever. They should win outright. Chuckie Keeton is a baller. Solid O-line in front of him. Good defense. I really don't know what people see in Utah other than they're more a "name" school from a bigger conference. Pfft

AdamL2424

Just don't think Utah St does what they did last year. New coach really changes things up. Even if he's the old OC. Lot more to being the head coach. Ill take Whittingham over Wells. Rivalry home night game. IMO Utah by 10+

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post

Nope, y'all are not alone., I played them back in July when they were +4.5

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    Just don't think Utah St does what they did last year. New coach really changes things up. Even if he's the old OC. Lot more to being the head coach. Ill take Whittingham over Wells. Rivalry home night game. IMO Utah by 10+
    Whittingham may be a better coach than Wells, but as of this moment, all of that is up in the air. However, I'll take Keaton over Wilson every day of the week. When it comes to throwing the ball, Wilson is absolutlely painful to watch.

Interesting sidebar: My best friend got tossed out for cold-cocking Whittingham in the Holiday Bowl.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    I think you're overemphasizing the head coaching change. The fact of the matter is Utah is just not a very good team. I trust what the Aggies bring back this year more so than what the Utes do. It's fairly simple. And the quarterback edge goes to Utah St. by a landslide, which is critical early in the year.

AdamL2424

Wilson will improve this year under Erickson at OC. But the more research I do everything does point to Utah St being the better overall team. Just think the rookie coach transition isn't going to go as planned.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by thariteonebaby View Post
    South Carolina -400...Fresno State -360...USC...-1800...Alabama -1050...Penn State -290...Oklahoma State -425...Who blows it?
    pedophile state

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

How much you puttin on that and whats the payout?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is a 6 team parlay that normally pays out between 40 and 53/1 odds depending on the book. Desperate books like 5Dimes will reduce the juice on normal side parlays. Since this is a total's parlay, and he is laying so much juice, he will be lucky to get 5/1. By the way, the legitimate odds for a 6 team parlay is 63/1, so even with these reduced odds, this is nothing more than a -110 wager. If you do not get more than 50/1, it is a huge sucker play.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

south carolina and minnesota is a nice thursday ml parlay to start the season pays $.50 on the dollar, not bad

thariteonebaby

250 to win 501...enough $ for me...had pretty good success with these last year sucker bet or not

thariteonebaby

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    pedophile state
    Be sure to add them in there bud

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    It is a 6 team parlay that normally pays out between 40 and 53/1 odds depending on the book. Desperate books like 5Dimes will reduce the juice on normal side parlays. Since this is a total's parlay, and he is laying so much juice, he will be lucky to get 5/1. By the way, the legitimate odds for a 6 team parlay is 63/1, so even with these reduced odds, this is nothing more than a -110 wager. If you do not get more than 50/1, it is a huge sucker play.
    No parlay is ever gonna pay to it's real odds, no matter the book. That's a given, but it's fun to swing for the fences every now and again. You have to make straight wagers the meat and potatoes of your sportsbetting diet obviously. Also, he's not a playing a totals parlay, which would payout the same as a sides (-110) parlay. I think you meant moneyline parlay (all chalk). Just out of curiosity, why is 5Dimes, as you call it, a desperate book? Which book(s) do you prefer?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

5Dimes is a "desperate" book because it will take any action, as long as it is small. That tells me two things. First, they need action NOW to survive. Second, they cannot afford to take a major hit. To me, it is an obvious cash flow problem. How much can we take in now (July and August) and not have to pay out until later? Can there be any other explination for a book taking early action, but limiting the action to rather small amounts? It can all work out for them, IF they do NOT take a major hit. That is not the type of book I would trust with my money.

I play vegas. I make my wager, and if I win, I turn in my tickets and get paid immediately. No waiting for a week, or a month, or who knows how long. No questions about the wager such as when it was made. In other words, no B.S. which is so prevelent in the off shore world.

Eddy Munny

5Dimes is a "desperate" book because it will take any action, as long as it is small. That tells me two things. First, they need action NOW to survive. Second, they cannot afford to take a major hit. To me, it is an obvious cash flow problem. How much can we take in now (July and August) and not have to pay out until later? Can there be any other explination for a book taking early action, but limiting the action to rather small amounts? It can all work out for them, IF they do NOT take a major hit. That is not the type of book I would trust with my money.

I play vegas. I make my wager, and if I win, I turn in my tickets and get paid immediately. No waiting for a week, or a month, or who knows how long. No questions about the wager such as when it was made. In other words, no B.S. which is so prevelent in the off shore world.
    That's great, but for those of us who don't live in Vegas (of which there are many), offshore books beats having to deal with some shady local, who is far more likely to take a financial hit and stiff his clients than 5Dimes. I'm not with 5Dimes, but I've heard mostly good things about them. They may place limits on the amount you can wager sure, but most of us are not looking to drop 20k on one bet anyways. I'm actually looking to join BookMaker this year for football, but 5Dimes was near the top of my choices.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's great, but for those of us who don't live in Vegas (of which there are many), offshore books beats having to deal with some shady local, who is far more likely to take a financial hit and stiff his clients than 5Dimes. I'm not with 5Dimes, but I've heard mostly good things about them. They may place limits on the amount you can wager sure, but most of us are not looking to drop 20k on one bet anyways. I'm actually looking to join BookMaker this year for football, but 5Dimes was near the top of my choices.
    I understand, but it should be simple for you and your wagering friends to hook up with someone in Vegas that you can trust. If not, Bookmaker is as good as any. Now I explained to you my reasoning on 5Dimes. Can you argue the logic? As far as "shady Locals" are concerned, I can promise you that there are many more "Shady books" offshore than their are "Shady Locals" out here. Just look at the list. All I know is that I would NEVER trust some off shore hack with my money. What happens if they belly up? You are SCREWED and have no recourse.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

South Carolina, Fresno, Penn State -- any of those could lose. The other three look solid.

nickeydyme

Im in vegas, just mail me cash and ill place your bets but I don't have picture phone so I can't show you tix. ..hmu for my address :-)

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

By the way, the legitimate odds for a 6 team parlay is 63/1.
    There aren't any "legitimate" odds for a 6-team parlay in football. You're talking about flipping coins.

Eddy Munny

I understand, but it should be simple for you and your wagering friends to hook up with someone in Vegas that you can trust. If not, Bookmaker is as good as any. Now I explained to you my reasoning on 5Dimes. Can you argue the logic? As far as "shady Locals" are concerned, I can promise you that there are many more "Shady books" offshore than their are "Shady Locals" out here. Just look at the list. All I know is that I would NEVER trust some off shore hack with my money. What happens if they belly up? You are SCREWED and have no recourse.
    I don't doubt for a second that there are many unreliable offshore books, but I think there are a handful you can trust. You're taking a risk with a local bookie, not to mention the inconvenience. I'd rather be able to logon to my online account and have real time lines, with totals, 1H and 2H bets, teasers, you name it at my disposal than some printout sheet with "Vinny's" handwritten spreads on 'em and limited options. I really don't have any horror stories about online gambling. But I can honestly tell you that when I first started sportsbetting, I was going through a local at my job at the time. He must have had a rough weekend, because he straight up disappeared and stiffed me for close to a grand after I hit a big parlay. At the same time I can tell you that BetOnSports cut me a $2000 check right before they went belly up. I was also with BetUs for several years and never had a major problem. People around here would have you believe that BetUs is owned and operated by Satan himself, but I've never been stiffed by them. I think a lot of the complaints regarding BetUS has to do with people accepting bonuses without understanding how a rollover works, then when they go to cash out two weeks later cuz they hit a few bets, they get stonewalled and don't understand why. Naturally they run around like their hair's on fire and cry foul.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Dude... quit making a spectacle of yourself. You are not only delusional, but also the most paranoid mofo I have ever seen on any internet forum. Why don't you relax/chill out, get in your pickemup truck, make the four-hour trip to Vegas and place another one of your $100 bets that would bust 5Dimes?

You genuflect before the Confederate flag, have a picture of George Wallace hanging above your headboard, sleep in the same sheets you wear to your local Klan bar-b-que and your political leanings are just right of Adolph Hitler.

Not sure what they call your type in Cali, but in Texas we refer to them as *yard shitters*.

Last edited by Night-Tripper; 08-20-13 at 06:13 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Killer_Demo

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

To be fair.. 5d has always paid me, and I have taken out over 15x what I have ever deposited. And they have not limited me yet.. maybe because I still play parlays every week.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Real odds without juice would be 64 to 1, but they take juice on every team you play, not just the bet - so it ends up being 40 to 1. Still a good way to have fun and bet a little money with a chance of winning something more. Sure there is luck involved but if you are a good capper you can overcome the juice edge and its a lot more fun than playing scratch offs. I hit 15 teams once and it was probably in the top 5 moments of my life.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post

Not sure what they call your type in Cali, but in Texas we refer to them as *yard shitters*.

We call his type in-bred in Cali

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

I'm thinking of going with these. Tulsa+3.5 vs Bowling Green N. Ill-3 vs Iowa Vanderbilt+3 vs Miss North Texas-14.5 vs Idaho Miami Ohio+18 vs Marshall Ohio+20.5 vs Louisville Any input? I admit I don't really have a clue.

nickeydyme

None of those are ml's...isn't that what this particular thread is about?

Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would take somebody in the -400 to -600 range.Penn State at only -290 isn't a gimme and I'd rather take a heavier favorite for less payout.College football gets crazy at times as you see huge upsets quite often so a two touchdown favorite can go down on any given weekend.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Maybe Northwestern

12 Last