nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

just a thought, remember when Carr retired at Michigan and they hired RichRod, the entire team personnel was there for pro-style and they were forced to into RichRod's schemes which was brutal year 1, then he got Denard and slightly improved BUT then they fired RichRod and brought in Hoke who runs Pro-Style which some of the holdovers were still there for and immediately the team was better everywhere.

same thing applies to Auburn, these kids were recruited for Malzahns offense, he left and Chizik changed the scheme ly to a style none of them could really do, now Malzahn is back and all the kids will play the style they've been playing since hs, throw in an experienced sec d-coord and expect immediate positive results in year 1

bama11braves
    bama11braves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

This line is showing way to much respect for possibly one of the worst teams to play football in the South Eastern Conference in the past decade. They could have very easily started the season off 0-8 had they not thrown a hail marry pass before halftime against ULM. They will be breaking in a new Qb to boot. Im not sure what Wash State has but i expect Leach who is a WAYYYYYYYY better coach then Malzahn to be much improved this year. Line is way to high I think it should be -7 as well and I actually think Wash State can win this game.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Quote Originally Posted by bama11braves View Post
    This line is showing way to much respect for possibly one of the worst teams to play football in the South Eastern Conference in the past decade.
    One of the worst teams in the past decade? You must only remember from the time Saban was hired.
    Last edited by D Med; 08-15-13 at 07:14 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by D Med View Post
    One of the worst teams in the past decade? You must only remember from the time Saban was hired.

Does Lexington not exist anymore?

Sick_in_the_Head
    Tx Rangers bitch!
    Sick_in_the_Head's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2826

Auburn's QB play should be a million times better this year. With Gus' system back in play and him coaching them up, I like Auburn this year.

But 15 points? I dont know about that. As someone said earlier ITT, the over should be the play in this one.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I grabbed Auburn at -12 in the GOY. Auburn has something to prove this season, after last seasons dismal effort. They open at home against one of the three wrost teams in the Pac 12. Wazzu is 0-7 ATS in their last 7 away openers. On top of that, they get to go to USC the following week. Ouch!! Auburn will roll up as many points as they can to prove a point.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs! View Post
    Best play is the over.
    WSU won't be able to stop anyone all year.
    WSU will be able to score. They have a solid core of receivers.
    Overs may be a decent look. I'm expecting Wazzu to put up at least 21-24 points in this one, meaning this anemic Auburn offense will have to score 35-38+ to cover. Not gonna happen at this stage in their rebuilding process.

compsmoker
    compsmoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1550

I like AU as a team. Lived there and they have a great atmosphere. That said, I'll be laying off this game. If I had to place a bet it would be on the over. One of these teams are going to get blown out. It just depends on which one shows up that day.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by compsmoker View Post
    I like AU as a team. Lived there and they have a great atmosphere. That said, I'll be laying off this game. If I had to place a bet it would be on the over. One of these teams are going to get blown out. It just depends on which one shows up that day.
    If you are taking that angle, your bet has to be Auburn at home with something to prove after a humiliating 2012 campaign.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolodolo21 View Post
    If you are taking that angle, your bet has to be Auburn at home with something to prove after a humiliating 2012 campaign.
    Exactly, and who better to prove that point with than a weak Pac 12 team who rarely covers in their opening games.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Auburn will be better this year.

Washington State was the worst team in the Pac-12 last year and you love them on the road in game 1 against a SEC team?

This is hardly an easy game to cap. The bookies aren't stupid. Auburn probably wins by 14+. Auburn wasn't nearly as bad as their record last year. Wazzu was.

The Cougs lost to Colorado at home for crying out loud and barely beat E. Washington and UNLV.

What variables did you use to determine that Auburn was only three points better last year? Also, it's a new year and like I said, Auburn will be at home. Auburn should easily be favored by more than a TD here.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Washington State was the worst team in the Pac-12 last year.
    They weren't even close to Colorado.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

What variables did you use to determine that Auburn was only three points better last year?
    He used a complicated computer ranking formula whose results are published each week in USA Today.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Nick Marshall named Auburn starting QB. Guess he came in and stole the job

bama11braves

what SEC team has had a season as bad as Auburn last year? maybe just maybe kentucky had one season when they went winless in conference and beat 3 shit ooc teams. Auburn wasnt even competitive in any SEC games except for LSU, which has a coach that is notorious for not getting his teams up to play against shit teams. Bama never in the history of the program has had a season as bad as Auburns last year. Bama was bad during the shula years but nothing will ever compare to that dumpster fire last year. And Auburn fans think that oh the great gus malzahn is going to come in and save us. News flash- his last year at Auburn everyone figured him out. All his tricks and gimmicks get old real fast. His offense is basically for teams that have no talent and need to use gimmick plays in order to be competitive. Oh or it needs another Cam Newton to walk in the door, which will never happen again. This guy is going to be bounced in 3 years and they'll be looking for another clown to come in and try to compete with the King and ruler of the college football world.

But back to the opening game. Wazzu st should cover. line is baffling. Leach is a wayyyy better play caller and offensive mind then a High School coach in Arkansas.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

what SEC team has had a season as bad as Auburn last year?
    You do realize a decade is more than just last year? Auburn has gone undefeated twice in the last 10 years, more than any other SEC team.

Bama never in the history of the program has had a season as bad as Auburns last year.Bama was bad during the shula years but nothing will ever compare to that dumpster fire last year.
    1955, Alabama went 0-10 and 0-7 in the SEC. I would say that is worse than Auburn last year.

bama11braves

decade is 10 years. so go find me a team since 2003 that has lost every conference game and won 3 games total and almost winning only 2. Kentucky is the only team that comes close to auburns season last year, and kentucky won a conference game in 03 and 04.

oh and just for your information. Alabama could not win another football game til 2050 and they'll still be better then auburn. Good luck to Auburn this year, there gonna need it.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

decade is 10 years. so go find me a team since 2003 that has lost every conference game and won 3 games total and almost winning only 2. Kentucky is the only team that comes close to auburns season last year, and kentucky won a conference game in 03 and 04.

oh and just for your information. Alabama could not win another football game til 2050 and they'll still be better then auburn. Good luck to Auburn this year, there gonna need it.
    You really have a problem with Auburn, don't you? It is going to cost you a lot of money. Now I know that you are an Alabama homer, but that does not mean you have to act stupid when it comes to Auburn. Auburn returns 8 people on both sides of the ball. They should have 6 wins locked up. By the way, in case you are foolishly thinking about wagerin on 'Bama against Auburn, here is a little hint for you. 'Bama is -24 at Auburn, and Auburn is 3-1 ATS in their last 4 home games against 'Bama. Name your price.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You really have a problem with Auburn, don't you? It is going to cost you a lot of money. Now I know that you are an Alabama homer, but that does not mean you have to act stupid when it comes to Auburn. Auburn returns 8 people on both sides of the ball. They should have 6 wins locked up. By the way, in case you are foolishly thinking about wagerin on 'Bama against Auburn, here is a little hint for you. 'Bama is -24 at Auburn, and Auburn is 3-1 ATS in their last 4 home games against 'Bama. Name your price.

here's my issue as an OUTSIDER, I'm not betting ON a team to perform light years better returning 16 starters from a team that was AWFUL last season. I think more often than not, that team doesn't get light years better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll pay for it if so

bama11braves

Do you realize the talent difference right now between the alabama and auburn football programs? Alabama's freshman team of players from the 2013 recruiting class and players that redshirted could beat auburn this year. I actually dont even think it would be close. Just because Gus Malzahn showed up you think that auburn is going to magically be better. A new coach does not = wins. It even took God aka Nick Saban to re make the program. Oh and before i forget heres a stat for you, because you seem to be a stat guy. Go look and find when the last time Auburn scored an offensive touch down against Bama? Been over 900 days. IF bama wasnt playing in the sec championship game i think they would beat auburn with a score around 42-10. Nicky will be resting the boys to play georgia, south carolina, or florida the following week, while auburn will be closing out a 4-8 season.

http://www.secrant.com/rant/display....=44073917&pg=2

others seem to agree with me too.

But ill bet you whatever you would like that Auburn University will not win 7 games this year. They MAY get lucky and win 6 if Tennessee hasnt given up on the season by that point after there grueling schedule or if arkansas is god awful. But i see them winning 4-6 games and thats it

bama11braves

Bump

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    They weren't even close to Colorado.
    Really?

Do you even know that Colorado beat Wazzu on the road last year?

I'm not sure how you can say Wazzu wasn't even as close to being as bad as Colorado when they lost to Colorado at home. LOL.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-27-13 at 11:17 PM.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could be wrong but I think auburn is going to stop a hole in states chest....from a recruiting talent standpoint is a mismatch these two teams just recruit different types of players. See how many on auburns current roster were offered by bama more than a few. Google image carl Lawson auburns freshman DE he's playing by the way who on states team even looks like that guy?let alone can play like him. Nick Marshall isn't came newton but may look like it vs wash st.

teaserpleaser

^^^jeez iPad auto correct function really Fukked that up...it's auburn stomp a hole in states chest and cam not came newton. Wazzu is trash talent wise they have no business beating an sec team -16 now that's not a mistake

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    here's my issue as an OUTSIDER, I'm not betting ON a team to perform light years better returning 16 starters from a team that was AWFUL last season. I think more often than not, that team doesn't get light years better. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll pay for it if so
    Did you at least get the +16?

bama11braves

there are way better games on the board to bet. but what i said from the start is that -16 is wayyyyyyy to much respect for a shitty football team. auburn shouldnt be a 16pt favorite over any major conference team. Carl Lawson may not even play early in the season, who knows.

teaserpleaser

there are way better games on the board to bet. but what i said from the start is that -16 is wayyyyyyy to much respect for a shitty football team. auburn shouldnt be a 16pt favorite over any major conference team. Carl Lawson may not even play early in the season, who knows.
    http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...en-play-opener

bama11braves

key word was expected, not that he was or is going to start or see significant reps. he will have veryyyyyyy little impact on this game anyways

teaserpleaser

key word was expected, not that he was or is going to start or see significant reps. he will have veryyyyyyy little impact on this game anyways
    ok big bold letters as header majority of freshman to play then says the three all world defensive line recruits will play but now they wont have impact on the game this guy can see the future knows the defensive line rotations knows how they will do in the game. cant make this shit up I love sbr

TPowell

true freshman defensive linemen? That isn't the position you want to be starting true freshmen

BigDofBA

I think you're crazy if you back Wazzu here.

Both teams sucked last year and there are a lot of unknowns this year. I think Leach will turn things around but it's still too soon.

I don't necessarily like Auburn but if I had to back a team here, I would back Auburn over a team that lost at home to Colorado last season.

TPowell

so its crazy to assume that Auburn WON'T turn into world beaters overnight?

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I've got Auburn in a few teasers this weekend. I see us winning by around 14 pts....

First 12