Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Matchbook Question...

None of my offers ever seem to get matched, has this become the norm with Matchbook or are certain times i should make an offer and then have higher chance of my offer being matched?

Thanks

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

All depends on how close you are to the market number. Keep in mind MB is typically 5-10 cents better than Pinny, so as long as you're in that range, it should get matched before kickoff, unless the line moves against you. That said, trying to get an offer matched for a Saturday/Sunday game on a Wednesday is tough sometimes unless you're significantly better than market.

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It is maybe a stupid question, but I am trying to use MB now...so my question is this:

Example: I want to play Tulsa (-whatever it is)....so I have 2 options in my opinion, play it like any other book, or make an offer UTEP (+whatever it is now)...what is the difference in this 2 scenarios? thanks

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by dimon View Post
    It is maybe a stupid question, but I am trying to use MB now...so my question is this:

Example: I want to play Tulsa (-whatever it is)....so I have 2 options in my opinion, play it like any other book, or make an offer UTEP (+whatever it is now)...what is the difference in this 2 scenarios? thanks
    you want to play the moneyline or ATS?

dimon

no just the spread

dimon

so guys, some help here, new to matchbook, and wanted to ask you still...what is the difference to bet let's say Army +10 today and offer the bet Rutgers -10 for match?

thanks

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm not sure what you're asking dimon. Are you asking what's the difference between offering and matching? Or is there something else?

dimon

Ok I will try to explain myself...let's say I want to play Army +10 tonight...what will be the difference for me to offer the bet Rutgers -10, or just bet Army +10 and take someone else's offer?

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

They list this on the site. If you offer and it gets accepted, you get a +.2% bonus of the wager added to your account (regardless of whether you win or lose). If you accept an offer, you have an addition 1.0% taken from your account to Matchbook. This is their way of encouraging action on both sides.

dimon

so it is obviously better to make offers opposite of your own picks, right?