TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Spreads too big?

Wisconsin a 44.5 point favorite over UMass? I know they are the legit bottom, but I made this line around 37.5.

Ohio State is currently 36 point favorites over Buffalo. Maybe I'm not buying OSU but I made it 29.5

Michigan is around 31.5 point faves against Central Michigan. I made this one around 26

Thinking my power ratings are a little too compact, but wondered other cappers thoughts

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio St can cover that 45-3 type.

Not thrilled about the other two, Cent Mich played hard at the end of the season last year and Umass may be able to score a TD.

A big spread I do love though, Texas over NMSU -42

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It all depends on the situation that the favorites face in Week 2. Wisky gets another joke in Week 2, hosting Tennessee Tech, whoever they are. So they will have basically two scrimmages to get their acts together before a road trip to Arizona State. My guess is that Andersen will want to see what he has and does not have, especially in the 2nd and 3rd string. He will not want to risk his 1st string, especially in tow meaningless games. 44.5 is simply way too many pointss to give, especially to a team that has absolutely nothing to lose.

Ohio State is in the fight for the NC, and must get every single brownie point it can muster. It has to cover against nothing teams like Buffalo, especially at home. The Big 10 is NOt considered one of the Top Three Conferences at this point.

Michigan hosts Notre Dame the week after the Central Michigan game. That game is going to go a very long ways in determining where both Michigan and Notre Dame end up aat the end of the season. Again, Michigan can not afford any type of injury, and will NOT want to show the Irish everything they have. They can easily be back doored here.

Three examples of teams in different situations the following week. That should play into your decision. I will pass on all three games as far as the Sides go.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think buffalo is for real. some really good players on offense and defense, and all-MAC TB may eat up yards/clock

UMass is going back to being truly horrible. not sure they ever really improved that much, other than ATS. but now they have low number of returning starters....... i think wisc scores at will and the players have alot to prove (not so much the new coach)

no real feel on central michigan, have been a very good team fairly recently, but terrible last year (and don't see anyone jumping on them this year).... this would be a good team to put some work into. has been excellent and terrible in recent memory.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

OP, what's your actual take on central michigan?

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Badgers are legit this year the defense is actually using stunts with Aranda in there and running a 3-4. So far they make the offensive line look horrid. Umass won't be scoring more then 3 unless it's a special teams play. Badgers O on the other hand depends on how good their Oline is and so far it's a big question mark. Stave will more then likely be the starter he has looked great in the fall so far. I expect a 56-3 type game take the Badgers they aren't fuxin around this year.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Remember T , Urban Meyer is a coach that will run it up! I can definetly see them covering that

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Remember T , Urban Meyer is a coach that will run it up! I can definetly see them covering that
    yeah, in these games that is a HUGE factor. Just throwing out what my lines say. I'm SO far behind this year. Still have to do the entire SEC and Sun Belt

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Central Michigan cover is the best of the bunch. Michigan will certainly be looking ahead to Notre Dame and Michigan's offense is not going to be overly potent at the beginning of the season... they have plenty of talent but putting Gardner in pro-style offense this year is going to have some growing pains.

Central Mich won 5 of their last 6 and a bowl game against a very under appreciated Western Kentucky team. They have a good core of the O line coming back and a better than decent backfield option with Zurlon Tipton (1400+ yards last year)...

I fully expect Michigan to sputter a bit, have plenty in the tank to win the game but with Central rushing for 200+ yards, this one is closer than meets the eye... Michigan 31-14

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Agree with the CMU cover