TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Why all the OSU love?

I can't see them going undefeated. I see 5+ teams that are within 7 points of them on a neutral field (UM, MSU, NEB, NW, WIS, PSU). I have my worries about those teams, but I think Nebraska gets to the title game and plays them. They lost nothing on a great offense but a lot of that **** defense from last year. Wisconsin is a wild card with a new coach and Northwestern lost a lot of talent on the offensive line

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

actually agree with this guy for once i think under 10.5 wins at plus money is worth a look.

they went undefeated but this team was far from dominate last year, i mean outgained by uab for gods sake.

they also lose most of the defense, the problem is that the schedule is fairly friendly aside from b2b games against wisconsin and at northwestern (wisconsin home).

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wisconsin and Michigan are the toughest challenges by far. Overall they have a pretty forgiving schedule with some easy opponents and where we saw mental lapses on defense last season, I think we're going to see more control in 2013. Urban has had the team for a full year now and that's a significant difference between last year and this year.

I don't expect them to go undefeated either, but taking the U10.5 wins doesn't feel right. I think the season wins line is spot on and we'll see a better, more consistent OSU team this season, likely going 10-2/11-1. Wisconsin has a tougher schedule, with matchups vs BYU and @ASU, and I don't expect PSU to be able to keep up with the Buckeyes offense. So while they're not perfect, it's really tough to look at the B1G and say OSU (given schedule, talent, and coaching) isn't the team to beat.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Wisconsin and Michigan are the toughest challenges by far. Overall they have a pretty forgiving schedule with some easy opponents and where we saw mental lapses on defense last season, I think we're going to see more control in 2013. Urban has had the team for a full year now and that's a significant difference between last year and this year.

I don't expect them to go undefeated either, but taking the U10.5 wins doesn't feel right. I think the season wins line is spot on and we'll see a better, more consistent OSU team this season, likely going 10-2/11-1. Wisconsin has a tougher schedule, with matchups vs BYU and @ASU, and I don't expect PSU to be able to keep up with the Buckeyes offense. So while they're not perfect, it's really tough to look at the B1G and say OSU (given schedule, talent, and coaching) isn't the team to beat.
    i only said that because it was +135. the best approach is probably to take the points against them in a lot of the games.