Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Western Kentucky +6/ML

Already made a post about this but this has to be one of the best 1st week lines out there. Tulsa +3 as well. Or Tulsa ML, Northern Illinois ML 1 if not both will hit...

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

I put 1 unit on WKU when I saw it go up to +5.5. If it keeps going up I may put another unit or two on it. I watched them play last year. In my opinion they will remain evenly matched this year except for the upgrade at the coaching position for WKU and homefield advantage. I may put some on the ML too.

alabasterf

I put 1 unit on WKU when I saw it go up to +5.5. If it keeps going up I may put another unit or two on it. I watched them play last year. In my opinion they will remain evenly matched this year personnel-wise. The upgrade at the coaching position for WKU and homefield advantage add an edge in this game. I may put some on the ML too.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree here. Love seeing this line go up. Hope it continues. Petrino is one of the best at gameplanning.

Brutus84

No homefield advantage. I believe game is being played in Tennessee....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The game is being played in Nashville. How can you guys possibly wager on football when you do not even know where the game is being played? Stop trying to act like you are the greatest 'capper in the world. Mistakes like that just make you look like one of the many people in here who just like to see their name in print, but rarely win.

Brutus84

Bigdaddy-Who came in here acting like the greatest capper in the world? Are you the guy that makes up stories and exaggerates a lot?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

capt kierkegaard
    capt kierkegaard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Agree w/ Brut since when is posting an opinion acting like the worlds greatest capper? I appreciate all opinions, they are just that. Lets not start the season like a sixth grade pissing contest. We all put our money exactly where we want to, the more input the better

alabasterf

Bigdaddy-Oh tell us more, thou great and wise 'capper.

I've made it abundantly clear in many posts that I am not a sharp bettor, and that tailing my picks would be inadvisable. I would much rather hear constructive feedback rather that arrogant remarks. Brutus' post about the location of the game was sufficient, but some cocky dude always has to come in and try to sound important.

Brutus84

Alabaster-Even if it was at WKU field there would still be lots of Kentucky fans. However, WKU right now is more talented than Kentucky and getting between 5-6 points on a neutral field. I took them +6 at bookmaker and will take ML small when it comes out. Wish you luck. I also like a little ML parlay of South Carolina and LSU. Should pay about even money I am guessing.

alabasterf

Thanks Brutus...good points. I would think that your parlay should be a fairly good bet. Although TCU may keep it close, I gotta believe LSU will find a way. South Carolina should be quite safe. I may have to consider this idea. Thanks

Brutus84

Probably more like -120. Honestly haven't looked at other books to see what the ML parlay would be. LSU will force that QB into a few mistakes. I must admit though Boykin should be seasoned by now.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Probably more like -120. Honestly haven't looked at other books to see what the ML parlay would be. LSU will force that QB into a few mistakes. I must admit though Boykin should be seasoned by now.
    Casey Pachall will be the starting QB, not Boykin.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Gentlemen. All I am saying is that if you are going to talk about a game, at least know where the game is being played. Do you have any idea of how ignorant you sound if you are taking about a game and do not even know where it is beling played. That could be worth 3-5 points in the spread. Now as far as this particular game goes, you have to like Western KY because of the biggest major difference. Both teams have new head coaches. Kentucky has Mark Stoops. Western has Bobby Patrino. Now would you rather get 5-6 points and Patrino, or give 5-6 points and take Stoops and Kentucky, who is easily the worst team in the SEC. I will probably wait until the line hits 7, or until the last minute. Then I will take Western and the spread and the ML.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-06-13 at 05:07 PM.

Brutus84

Wow, I am idiot about Pachall. Just saw they have lost 2 starters already in the last few days. Players leaving TCU will help my bet.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

tough call, Petrino likes a balanced offense, but I'm not sure they have enough to put together a decent passing game. He IS the master at developing QB's though. On the other side, Kentucky will be relying on a LOT of young talent this year. The talent isn't awful, but it isn't SEC level talent