Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=BigdaddyQH;2413512]If you can't make your own picks, get out of the game. It is really that simple. Only the weak opt to follow or tail people. I do not want you tailing me, even though my winnings over the years have allowed me to take early retirement, amongst other things. If you want to look, I post my plays on the spreadsheet, so there can be no questions as to what i have done in here. Those who do not leave themselves wide open to criticizm. I will admit that I do not put the amount that my group wagers on each game, because it is no one'sbusiness, so for simplicity sake, I always make the side and total's plays -110 for 100.
    /quote]

i have a question - how can this spreadsheet be deemed accurate if one is allowed to alter plays (see below) once inputted?

10/15/2009 07:20 AM BigdaddyQH deleted 1 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.
    10/11/2009 07:36 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    10/11/2009 07:35 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    10/11/2009 05:22 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    07/13/2009 05:43 PM BigdaddyQH deleted 8 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.
    07/13/2009 05:37 PM BigdaddyQH deleted 4 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.

GOGOBIRD
    GOGOBIRD's Avatar Become A Pro!

seek out the man they call Boxyslayer and you won't be sorry

sarms
    sarms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

BigDaddy is Bigliar, besides having games edited and removed some of them were posted after the game was over.

[quote=Dexter;2419704]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you can't make your own picks, get out of the game. It is really that simple. Only the weak opt to follow or tail people. I do not want you tailing me, even though my winnings over the years have allowed me to take early retirement, amongst other things. If you want to look, I post my plays on the spreadsheet, so there can be no questions as to what i have done in here. Those who do not leave themselves wide open to criticizm. I will admit that I do not put the amount that my group wagers on each game, because it is no one'sbusiness, so for simplicity sake, I always make the side and total's plays -110 for 100.
    /quote]

i have a question - how can this spreadsheet be deemed accurate if one is allowed to alter plays (see below) once inputted?

10/15/2009 07:20 AM BigdaddyQH deleted 1 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.
    10/11/2009 07:36 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    10/11/2009 07:35 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    10/11/2009 05:22 PM BigdaddyQH edited 1 of their picks
    07/13/2009 05:43 PM BigdaddyQH deleted 8 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.
    07/13/2009 05:37 PM BigdaddyQH deleted 4 pick(s) from their spreadsheet.

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wow, was Auburn ever +11? Even so, if a guy gets an early line, whats the beef? Idaho was +14 but now down to +13.5. I got the play at +14. If I post my picks I will post +14 because that's what I got it for. If Auburn was +11 and he got it at +11 then good for him. Smart shopper IMO.
    it does seem a little odd to do huge write-ups later in the week for stale line picks from 5 minutes after the line came out (seems like potentially a foolish academic exercise) ..... i can't remember though if he gave ranges on how many points the pick was good for.

pags was absolutely definitely a much bigger winner on his big bets later on in the season. so the 50% winning % is somewhat irrelevent.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=sarms;2420481]BigDaddy is Bigliar, besides having games edited and removed some of them were posted after the game was over.

dont you wonder why people even bother? i guess if your aim is the become a tout, lying is acceptable.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been trying to call big daddy and his "we" group out all week but he never responds. I guess he assumes that he'll stay away from those that are onto him and not get into arguments because if it stays low key others won't notice

ShawnVanCover
    ShawnVanCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GOGOBIRD View Post
    seek out the man they call Boxyslayer and you won't be sorry
    Its 'boxslayer'...but yeah he's better than pags...that being said pags is a good capper and I came here because of him..nothing more for me here..that 'whoosh' sound you here..is from people leaving..bye.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    guy, Auburn was +11 for two minutes. I'd say 90% chance he liked the game and took 11 because he saw it was avaliable. I like the guy but percentages say he didnt catch 11
    I understand your point... Yet that's not that big of a deal to me. I've seen guys give picks with lines I can't get but I just make a mental note and decide if I want to touch it or not for myself. I would probably lay off a game if I was tailing someone and their line was out of whack of my own line.

I also could care less what win percentage guys tout. A guy could have <50% win pct but if they provide great information, I take it in... with a grain of salt of course.

man3645
    man3645's Avatar Become A Pro!

google it, it comes up..

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I also could care less what win percentage guys tout. A guy could have <50% win pct but if they provide great information, I take it in... with a grain of salt of course.
    OF course you could just make a post with a bunch of instead

skyline69
    skyline69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

"pags was absolutely definitely a much bigger winner on his big bets later on in the season. so the 50% winning % is somewhat irrelevent."[/quote]

Well, the bottom line is that he was 26-26 as of last week, about + 10 units after 8 weeks. Comes out to about +1.25 units per week on average. This is still in the plus, but +10 units since the start of the season is hardly a reason to anoint him as the greatest of all time. And, it just seems to me that Pags just couldn't take anybody making a negative comment about his then losing record. If you read the weekly posts, there were at least 20-1 positive and God like praise for Pags while people were losing money tailing him, as opposed to a handful of guys either pointing out the losing record, or just plain "disrespecting" him.

I must be missing something here. If a .500 record with a +1 unit avg per week draws so much God like praise, then what does a guy here who is 66% get for his posts.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Pags was having a down year, no doubt. He seems to be righting the ship though. I don't think he deserved all the praise, but didn't deserve the bashing either. Much of his following was an accumulation of year's of success. It wasn't just from this isolated season. That being said, his plays were pretty predictable. I could look at the opening lines and pull out at least four of Pags seven picks. The best way to follow Pags, or any respectable capper, is to find your own plays and then compare them and pick and choose. Following anyone blindly is a recipe for disaster. I'd bet I could find any three average capper and if we put our minds together and only bet the unanimous picks, we'd make a lot of money.

renojoe
    renojoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags is gone ...now its' time....

you've bled with pags ... Now bleed with me....

here are my picks:

#1 .. Iowa -1.5

#2.. Syracuse -10

#3.. louisville + 17.5

#4.. duke -4

#5.. south carolina -13

#6.. texas tech -22

#7.. USC.... trojans -20

pags was good to me and insightful... after taking in his thoughts .. i posted my first plays and went 5-2 (the two lost by last second backdoors...but they count).

So I expect another 5-2... with my second LUCKY STAR SEVEN picks. paper play them and hope for the best ... gl

First 12