wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

What Happens After the Game?

So it’s Sunday morning and all your Saturday games are done, what do you do now? Basic bookkeeping sure. I mean you have to figure out how much you are collecting or paying but what else?

Do you ever go back over the games and evaluate what you capped to happen vs. what actually happened? Win or lose.

I’m thinking it’s probably a good idea in terms of growth and developing ones skills. For instance you win the game you wagered on and in your capping you based it on whatever, scoring average of Team A vs. scoring defense of Team B and some other stuff. You won the game but nothing you capped played a role in the outcome of the game. You won so do you care? Should it matter how a game was won as long as it was won? In order to become better than average would it not be a smart move to go back over the work you did and see where you were off in the game even though you won the wager?

I’m just asking because I’m curious as to how many truly want more out of this than just wining a game and a bet. I’m curious as to see how many are purely recreational and how many want to eventually make the transition and even if. I am wondering if part of becoming a professional gambler or even a more successful one involves doing the work at the end as much as the beginning?

Thoughts?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I usually watch all of my bets. I can tell pretty much from that. Then I check the stats after the game to see what I missed and what I was right about.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

First of all, long time reader, first time poster. This is what I do. All of my plays are usually in by early in the week. The rest of the week i look for rlm and do my own writeups for the games on my private blog. I watch all the games i can on saturday. when i wake up sunday, i do a post game writeup that either confirms or denies my preview writeup. repeat the same for the nfl games.

It isnt the most time efficient method, but it allows me a concrete way to evaluate myself aside from win/loss. Another plus is that I have an archive that I can look back on and evaluate to see if i am consistent with my system

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sunday is for wagering on the following weeks games, if you have that priveledge. Sunday is the most important dayof the week. Your plays should already be set up. All you should be doing is fine tuning your picks. We already have our lines, and we adjust if anything happened the week before to merit a big change. It really pays off. Everyone who took Texas had to settle for a push unless you took them when the line first came out, like we did. That spells winner. That is how you cash in on middles. Suday is the most critical day for the high rollers, wiseguys, and cartells.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's what I was looking for jds. I think post game evaluation is as or atleast almost as important as Pre-Game capping. It helps taylor what and how we cap games. i don't know for sure but I would think those that are strickly line shoppers would tend to re-evaluate how they shop lines and what numbers they need to be looking for as well. It's just a guess as I have no experience but I would assume it still applies.

Hoping this thread generates more responses. maybe it should have been in the think tank not sure.

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I put up a topic very similar to this one in the Think Tank. I agree it should get more attention.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Since Iam an early bird, my sunday morning sessions are also used to make the final adjustments for the next week. I usually have a number of games circled by thursday for the next week. do my capping late in the week and look for the sunday lines such as the texas -2.5 that was mentioned

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sunday is for wagering on the following weeks games, if you have that priveledge. Sunday is the most important dayof the week. Your plays should already be set up. All you should be doing is fine tuning your picks. We already have our lines, and we adjust if anything happened the week before to merit a big change. It really pays off. Everyone who took Texas had to settle for a push unless you took them when the line first came out, like we did. That spells winner. That is how you cash in on middles. Suday is the most critical day for the high rollers, wiseguys, and cartells.
    BigDaddy, I hear what you are saying, and it makes plenty of sense. However, a lot or reports on injury, sickness, team problems, and weather are not known until later in the week. I feel like part of it is personal preference, not right or wrong, that goes into when people make their plays. I know plenty of people who were on L'ville at +11 and were happy with the push when they got it at +13. Just don't think playing games Sunday is more "right" than playing them Friday is "wrong." BOL.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan32 View Post
    BigDaddy, I hear what you are saying, and it makes plenty of sense. However, a lot or reports on injury, sickness, team problems, and weather are not known until later in the week. I feel like part of it is personal preference, not right or wrong, that goes into when people make their plays. I know plenty of people who were on L'ville at +11 and were happy with the push when they got it at +13. Just don't think playing games Sunday is more "right" than playing them Friday is "wrong." BOL.
    MSU makes some good points here. I usually put my plays in after I believe the line has moved in my favor or won't move any further against me. For instance, I placed Auburn at +8 today because I saw a number of books moving it to +7.5. I took +13.5 with Idaho because I don't think it will go to 14. And got Iowa at -1 because I don't see it going to a pick. I usually post my plays on Wednesday, but this week I posted early because I don't see the moves going against me. I could be wrong, anything can happen. BC could end up +10.5 for all I know. But this is how I play it.