BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Teams That Have the Best CHANCE of Palying in the NC Game

There has been a lot of talk about who should be the #1 team. That talk is pretty much meaningless, especially before the season starts. The question should be: "Which team has the BEST CHANCE of getting to the NC Game?" We are talking about talent and schedule here. I will post my top teams. Please feel free to post yours:

1. Ohio State. With 9 starters returning on offense including QB Miller returning, and a schedule that has no tough non-con games and away trips to Northwestern and Michigan, Meyer has the best shot at the big game. Remember, if it were not for the NCAA knocking the Bucks out of Post Season Play, they, NOT Alabama, would be the defending champs. Meyer has not lost sight of that.

2. Oregon. Another team that returns a solid offense and most of their defense. Oregon has to go to Stanford, but that is the only real challenge on their schedule. Their non-con schedule consist of name teams, but all of those teams are very poor. The game at Stanford should decide their fate, though they could get tripped up at Arizona if they lose their focus.

3. Louisville. Now I know that all of you SEC Homers in here are going to disagree with it, but if the Cards run the table, and no SEC team does, the Cards finish ahead of any one loss SEC team. Take that to the bank. The Cards return enough talent on offense, and most of their starting defense to run the table. Their schedule is very weak, with the only competition being the final game of the season at Cincinnati.

4. Alabama. The Tide return enough starters on both offense (6) and defense (7) to be considered in the hunt. A soft schedule that includes LSU at home waits them. They get Tennessee and Kentucky as crossover games. A win at A&M sets the table for the Tide.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed on all four.

I also think you have to include Texas A&M in this conversation, contingent on them beating the Tide in Week 3. If that happens, they have the potential to hold their ground in a schedule that's not easy, but not unmanageable either. Assuming Alabama doesn't lose any other games, TAMU would still have a cushion of one loss for the rest of the year while holding the H2H win, giving them the inside track to the SEC championship game. However if they lose to the Tide, they would fall well down the list.