Jimmydafreak
    Jimmydafreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    That's my point too Jimmy.

Stanford and Notre Dame are almost mirror images of each other.

ND has an advantage along the DL (with Nix and Tuitt), and Stanford has better LBs (Skov and Murphy).

Stanford lost their career rusher leader in Taylor, and those 2 TEs created matchup problems all over the field.
    Stanford was also quite fortunate for face a 5-loss team in the Rose Bowl. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

The losses of their best offensive weapons will certainly hurt, but right now Stanford is simply better than everyone else in the PAC 12 at the point of attack, and that will keep them in pretty every game. Last season they won 6 out of the 8 close games they were involved in. Will they be able to continue winning close games at a 75% clip??? I don't know.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Your smoking crack if u think Stanford would have got beaten down as bad as ND was last year...

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Your smoking crack if u think Stanford would have got beaten down as bad as ND was last year...
    KD.

Why wouldn't they have?

You did see ND beat Stanford, right? What would Stanford have been able to do differently than Notre Dame? And do you really believe Stanford's front 7 was better than Notre Dame's front seven last year?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

And do you really believe Stanford's front 7 was better than Notre Dame's front seven last year?
    Yes better on both sides of the ball. Stanford goes undefeated this season you heard it here 1st

SamDiamond

Yes better on both sides of the ball. Stanford goes undefeated this season you heard it here 1st
    Come on now KD.

You're starting to use the "homer" rant.

Let's look objectively at Stanford's season last year. They lost to Washington and Notre Dame. They needed OT to beat Arizona, beat Oregon State 27-23, and you think they could hang with Alabama?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Come on now KD.

You're starting to use the "homer" rant.

Let's look objectively at Stanford's season last year. They lost to Washington and Notre Dame. They needed OT to beat Arizona, beat Oregon State 27-23, and you think they could hang with Alabama?
    You see my avatar? It says Fresno State guy. I have friends in the know at San Jose ST/Stanford/Cal I dont know where you got Stanford homer but I'll let Stanfords play speak for itself this season.

SamDiamond

You see my avatar? It says Fresno State guy. I have friends in the know at San Jose ST/Stanford/Cal I dont know where you got Stanford homer but I'll let Stanfords play speak for itself this season.
    Listen, I am all for the debate, but you're not offering me anything.

You just saying "Your smoking crack if u think Stanford would have got beaten down as bad as ND was last year", but you're not giving any specifics.

Stanford had a nice team last year, but they had faults. They did not have the front seven to stop Alabama last year. Wisconsin ran for 200 yards on them in the Rose Bowl, you think Alabama wouldn't have gashed them too?

First 12