Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Betting Strategies

Whats up guys?

Just curious on what kind of betting strategies people have been successful in the past w/ and which strategies have not been so successful. I keep debating on how I should approach this season. Last season I had some success but I let the thrill of betting get to me and started throwing down too much on too many games and this is why I ended up loosing. I generally select my favorite games throughout the week and determine my bets based on what time they play. For example: I like Florida, Bama, and Michigan. If they are set to play at 12, 3:30 and 8 I will do three straight bets. if florida and Michigan are at 12 and Bama is 8 sometimes I will AnR the 12s and bet bama straight.. I know some people hate AnRs but here me out..... I'm betting to win money. Rather that betting 100 on each 12 o'clock game which gives me three options (loose 200, breakeven n loose juice, orrrr win 200) Why not do a 100 dollar AnR where your still risking 200, except now you can loose 100 rather than break even ORRRR you can win 400..... Then later on that night go HAM on Bama and hope to have an 800 dollar day.

Just thinking out loud here, let me know what you guys have had success with. Thanks in advance

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

AnR's are just another play that gives the house a huge edge. If you do the math, you will see that your chances of winning 400 are much greater than the 10% vig (or less) that you will pay for a straight wager. Remember you lose $100.00 instead of breaking even and that is a huge plus for the house. Here is a rule to remember. The best vig you will get in normal circumstance is a straight wager. Every other type of wager gives the house a bigger edge than a straight wager. Even a simple two team parlay that pays 13/5 should pay 15/5, giving the house an 13.3% edge. Remember, the higher the vig, the more wins you must have to break even. The book never comes up with new wagers to try and help the bettor. Only to try and fool them.