gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

phil steele complete projectioins for 2013

http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JUL13/DBJuly25.html

and i presume you can just regress ypg or ppg differential against SoS and come up with complete power ratings for 2013 season from someone who puts a huge amount of time and effort into them.

too many other rankings i see for 2013 or just last year's rankings with a few obvious changes amongst the best team.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

hmmm... that didn't work. r squared was 0.01%. meaning 1 divided by 10,000......

i'm assuming utah state wouldn't have the 5th or 6th best points differential if they didn't have a really weak schedule.

ok, as i semi-expected. the title says most impressive teams in 2013... the link to it says "Ranking the Most Impressive Teams Statiscally From 2012".......

steele shows washington at #73, which looks suspiciously like last year's number........ and a separate projection blog he did has them at #26. FYI, boise at #36 with a much easier schedule (and i think his projections are just pure stats, no adjustment for opponents)

anyway, he has another blog posting of 2013 projections. this one here was mislabelled on page. still surprised strength of schedule and ppg diff have no correlation.