andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Florida-Arkansas and the zebras pulling for the Gators

Its games like this where the referees need to be called out and either suspended or permanently banned from officiating in the future.

Penalties:

Arkansas - 20 penalties for 170 yards
    Florida - 2 penalties for 10 yards

Arkansas takes the lead 20-13 in the 4th quarter and you just knew the refs would go into overdrive with the flags against Arkansas.

Even the CBS team of announcers couldn't believe the calls against Arkansas on that drive.

Then on Florida's next possession, that Riley receiver pulls the defender to the ground to stop him from intercepting a pass and no call is made.

Every single referee from this game needs to be put under investigation.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Let me guess... You were pulling for Arkansas

Ref's been horrible the past few years. Nothings changed. It really doesn't matter what side your on.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Of course, I was pulling for Arkansas but the numbers really speak for themselves.

Had $500 to win $10,000 on Arkansas straight up and when they took the lead 20-13, I knew the flags were going to be non-stop on Florida's next drive.

The referees are supposed to be neutral but Florida gets protected in the same way the Patriots got protected during their undefeated season.

20 penalties - 170 yards for Arkanasas with 2 penalties - 10 yards against Florida.

Hard to look past the obvious bias the referees showed in favor of Florida.

The Arkansas coaching staff along with the players showed tremendous restraint and I was sure hoping one of the players took a shot at a referee.

Very frusturating game.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I feel you. Great call on the bet that came up just short. I've been there myself. Hard to cap for the damn refs too. I don't think the refs were cheating, I think they were just bad, like most of them.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

anyone playing UF or Alabama until the SECCG is going to have a tough time of it. After that LSU/UGA crap, the SEC is like the world wrestling federation this year.

A Mayland
    A Mayland's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know if I'm dumb or not but...

I believe it was more like 10 for 93 (seems as if you doubled that)
    and 3 for 16 for the gators

Don't blow it out of proportion there. Also that pass interference was the right call. The unsportmanlike or personal foul whatever it was...that was an AWFUL call.

SpartyPt11
    SpartyPt11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by A Mayland View Post
    I don't know if I'm dumb or not but...

I believe it was more like 10 for 93 (seems as if you doubled that)
    and 3 for 16 for the gators

Don't blow it out of proportion there. Also that pass interference was the right call. The unsportmanlike or personal foul whatever it was...that was an AWFUL call.
    The PI call was bad also..... it was an underthrown ball and the Def turned to make a play on the ball.. if you call that one you had to call the PI on the play at the end of the 1st half where the ARK WR dropped the ball, but according to those officials it warrented PI. I won my bet with ARK, but it was a shame the refs tried to take the game away from them... but it was the kicker that blew the game for ARK!

A Mayland
    A Mayland's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do agree, the kicker did blow the game