BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is going the other direction. It opened at -14 and is now down to -12 in Vegas. Still a long ways to go until kickoff. The big question for Arkansas is how their running game will affect their abilities to cover big spreads, and how their secondary will be able to keep any SEC team off the scoreboard. I think the game away against Rutgers is critical. A loss there and they may not win more than one game for the rest of the season.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Arkansas has some good players...just not enough of them to really be a factor this season in the SEC. Bielema loves a physical, ground and pound offense and that's not going to happen this year against the defenses he will face.

I think he will get Arkansas going in the right direction but will need a couple of years to get his type players to Fayetteville. Not sure there's much cushion for the Razorbacks this season. At least I wouldn't bet there is.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with both of ya'll and I definitely am not surprised by the line movement. Initially Bielema will be working with Petrino's recruits and I can tell you the O-Line was not his initial focus when it came to recruiting. However, we snagged a few great O-line at the end of the recruiting season last year and are already on a few guys this year so I think you will start to see that change. You can definitely tell from recruiting he is building that big OL that can ground and pound but I agree with you workhorse, it may take another year or two.

Bigdaddy you are spot on with the Rutgers game. Will be HUGE for us. If we can start off with 3 wins, take care of Rutgers, then we will have a chance to beat Miss St and Auburn at home, which I think we have the chance to do, and get to 6 wins on the season. I would see that as a success.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Arkansas has a brutal 2nd half schedule

9/28 vs Texas A&M
    10/5 vs Florida
    10/12 vs South Carolina
    10/19 vs Alabama
    11/2 vs Auburn
    11/9 vs Old Miss
    11/23 vs Miss ST
    11/29 vs LSU

Rough stretch right there.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Arkansas has a brutal 2nd half schedule

9/28 vs Texas A&M
    10/5 vs Florida
    10/12 vs South Carolina
    10/19 vs Alabama
    11/2 vs Auburn
    11/9 vs Old Miss
    11/23 vs Miss ST
    11/29 vs LSU

Rough stretch right there.
    don't remind me

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    don't remind me

LOL that icon

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

That has to be one of the toughest stretches ever!

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm betting Bielema is not looking past that first game with ULL. He's seen the film on this team and knows he has his hands full. Arkansas better tighten their jockstraps because they are in for a game with this team.

I consider Mark Hudspeth one of the best coaches not at a major program. Got to know him when he was head coach at North Alabama and he is solid as hell. Two seasons with ULL and he has posted 9-4 seasons both times and taken the Cajuns to two straight bowl games...their first in 41 years.

Upset alert.............. maybe?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    I'm betting Bielema is not looking past that first game with ULL. He's seen the film on this team and knows he has his hands full. Arkansas better tighten their jockstraps because they are in for a game with this team.

I consider Mark Hudspeth one of the best coaches not at a major program. Got to know him when he was head coach at North Alabama and he is solid as hell. Two seasons with ULL and he has posted 9-4 seasons both times and taken the Cajuns to two straight bowl games...their first in 41 years.

Upset alert.............. maybe?
    don't you do that to me workhorse! I'll be at the game. I really do think ULL covers, but my Hogs need the W!

First 12