SiliconToad
    SiliconToad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska vs Texas Tech

Anyone have any thoughts on this game?

dfinn21
    dfinn21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I love Tech +11 points. I was shocked to see this open so high. The South is still the dominant force in the Big 12 IMO (and I'm a Kansas fan). Nebraska has shown to have a very good defense; however, their offense has struggled against the only two real teams they have faced. Nebraska will be able to slow down Tech somewhat but Tech will get their points like always. The problem I have with Nebraska is that I don't think Zack Lee will be able to put up the points to cover this spread. I think Tech has a great chance to not only cover, but win outright, therefore I see a 10+ point line as a gift.

Just my 2 cents.

Betman
    Betman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 961

Texas Tech passing game is scary and they rely heavily on it to win the games BUT (and it is a big but), Texas Tech has played a weak schedule thus far and Nebraska's defense does a great job protecting itself against a solid passing game.

SiliconToad
    SiliconToad's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you dfinn....just trying to see if I'm missing something before I pull the trigger on this one. I think I will have another two beer and then go for it. Thanks for yalls opinion.

HoosierDaddie
    HoosierDaddie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dfinn I agree with you. I love Texas Tech in this one also. I think Tech will still get their points. And I also am a Kansas living in Indiana. Doesn't make much sense but I love to watch Todd Flutie Reesing play.

HoosierDaddie
    HoosierDaddie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas fan, that is

aeshred
    aeshred's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska is overated, Tech can score the points, Mike leech has done well this yr even w/out all of his off superstars from last yr.

They lost to Texas by only 10pts at Texas, so I think that tech could win this...

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

i think i made this post already but i might as well say it again. Nebraska has no answer for the spread option. year in and year out, they get beat by the spread and they have yet to prove they could stop it. When they played Missouri last week, the rain is what stopped the spread, not saying Nebraska doesn't have a good d, i'm just saying that the weather had more of an effect on the passing game than the d did. last year when they played tech, they got beat 37-31 despite having the ball for over 40 minutes. they allowed 421 yards in 19 minutes.

nebfan
    nebfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta go with TTU plus the points. I don't believe TTU punted last year.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

This line looks whack on first glance. Nebraska had horrible play calling against Mizzou where they were passing 4 out of every 5 plays in the rain when their ground game was clearly there strength. I'm not sure if they learned their lesson in the 4th quarter and will pound the ground game against TT or not. I think they could control the game if they do but I think they will continue to pass and get in a shootout with TT. I like TT in this one and they may even win IMO.