WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Odds To Win Pac-12

Listed below are Vegas odds to win the Pac-12 Championship. Welcome any comments on where you agree or disagree with the listing.

3-2 Oregon (New coach in Mark Helrich; can he keep the scoring machine going?)
    7-2 USC (Important season for Lane Kiffin; more ways than one.)
    9-2 Stanford (Solid defense gives this team a great chance.)
    13-2 UCLA (The 'other' school in Los Angeles making some noise.)
    7-1 Arizona (Entire defense returns; ranked 118th in total defense last year.)
    8-1 Arizona State (Have all the ingredients to make a run at South Division.)
    10-1 Oregon State (15 starters back from a 9-4 season.)
    12-1 Washington (Looking for solid QB play to go with 18 returning starters.)
    18-1 Utah (Good play as a dog covering 19 of last 31.)
    50-1 California (New coach in Sonny Dykes; defense and quarterback are issues.)
    50-1 Washington St. (Second season for Mike Leach; can he improve on last year?)
    75-1 Colorado (New coach in Mike MacIntyre; the Buffs last winning season was 2005.)

I like Stanford to repeat as Pac-12 champions. The Cards have proven they can play defense and win the close games. My take, what's yours

?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

one thing about pac 12 odds which you probably already know... oregon and stanford in same division.

basically one division is northern cal and north along coast (wsu too). other is socal, arizona and rockies

so the math for oregon/stanford is quite a bit more daunting (and wash/osu should have a shot too). in other division, 4 contenders i'd say.

odd % add up to 144% so alot of juice in these lines. therefore nothing really stands out.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I like Arizona, but I would not wager on anyone to win the Conference. Oregon and Stanford should be the favorites. Obviously Joe Pub's thinking has been affected by Steele, who has USC as his #6 team in the nation. USC does not deserve to be 7/2. Where did you get these odds?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I am curious to see the way Helrich coaches the game.

Will he go for 2 like Kelly did after scoring? Will he take as many chances as Kelly did, or will he be more conservative? Kelly's aggressiveness won a lot of games for them, I am curious to see what kind of personality Helrich has for his team.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I am curious to see the way Helrich coaches the game.

Will he go for 2 like Kelly did after scoring? Will he take as many chances as Kelly did, or will he be more conservative? Kelly's aggressiveness won a lot of games for them, I am curious to see what kind of personality Helrich has for his team.
    I do not think he will be as aggressive. He may take some risks but not near the amount Chip did

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Cardinals if USC and UCLA flop again like last year....Oregon got them sanctions and new coach...wonder if they will trend down a bit with the changes.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Cardinals if USC and UCLA flop again like last year....Oregon got them sanctions and new coach...wonder if they will trend down a bit with the changes.
    The sanctions were basically a scolding-- not much to them.

Stanford didn't miss a beat when Shaw replaced Harbaugh, but I honestly don't know if Helrich can keep this going as well as Kelly did.

I create my own set of power numbers--- and I'll be honest, I don't know how to quantify Helrich as a coach. I may avoid betting Oregon until I can get some real data behind Oregon.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

asu 11-1 on 5dimes or just +410 to win the south

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

obviously Stanford or Oregon, but I like Oregon -4 @ Stanford Nov. 7 with revenge and 2 weeks to prepare.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tough call, but I will take Stanford because of a more experienced Head coach abd a better defense.