MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

TEXAS/New Mexico

Ok so story is that I am a Texas fan but..................................... ................................... -42.5 really I do not see this happening! Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I mean I would like to think this spread could happen but have a little voice in my mind that is screaming "I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas's offensive strongpoint is its running game. Their QB probably got better but he was abysmal at times last year. I hear it's a pressure season for Texas head coach. Texas will look to show out at home in the opener. But that is a lot of points to cover. NMS actually should actually improve overall. 1st year head coach. With two senior DBs. That is kind of high. But it's just week 1.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Agree that Brown is under pressure to get it done this year. It's no secret how loaded with talent Texas is, and now they have the experience. Texas backers will be laying chalk in every game this year.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BLOWOUT! Might be 42-0 at halftime.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

new mexico was overachiever last year. probably even better this year.

no idea on texas other than lots of returning starters. if they rely on run game won't be explosive scoring.

new mexico is running ball control offense.

lots of reasons why texas may not score tons of points. and new mexico might score 14 to 20.

didn't these teams play last year? EDIT: 45-0 texas, but i thought it had a closer feel than that

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's New Mexico State, folks.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    It's New Mexico State, folks.
    is it? i just went with people describing it here. didn't look up the game myself............. NM >>> NMS i think......

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

New Mexico State is who is on Texas' schedule...I think we all assumed that's who you were talking about. The Aggies are one of the WORST teams in college football. Gardenpeas, a lot of Division II teams would beat them. This game is a total mismatch...if Brown wants to score 80 he can.

First year coach, lack of talent, lack of depth and playing as an independent this year before moving to the Sun Belt Conference. Playing Texas is a payday for the program...nothing else.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

New Mexico State's strength (if any) is in their defense. Still, this is game 1 and after the game gets out of hand, say by half time, a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers should be playing for both sides. It is hard to tell. Pass.