AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

AdaBarbers Catch 'Em Early Week 7 Picks

Okay fellows. This list went through a more detailed criteria. So I don't expect too many losses, if any. I will book most of these if not all. Good luck to all, and may I aid in the cashing of many tickets. Here we go

Wake Forest = +6
    Iowa +2.5
    N'western +12.5
    Ohio -13
    Central Michigan -6.5
    Akron +11
    Kent State -5.5
    Virginia Tech -3.5
    UL Laffayette -7.5
    Memphis +13 (Went Off)
    Ohio State -13.5

Everything in Bold has been booked.
    I also parlayed the whole card except for the Memphis pick. I went real light just for fun!

Now, let's get it!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

And as I say every week, "Feel free to provide your input." Thanks guys.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

catch them bad lines bro!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I like the Central Mich game to go way OVER. Also Ohio State got lucky last week. Barely moved to ball on offense, but the defense and special teams did the job. Those aspects of the game don't travel well.

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

we share a couple of picks (i really like the Ohio, Ohio St. and Wake picks). Im surprised by the N'Western pick. i feel Michigan St has done pretty well with a tougher schedule. Northwestern only beat Miami (OH)(possibly the worst team in college football) by 10 points and and inched by E. Michigan (who got crushed by C. Michigan 56-8). I think MSU has alot of momentum right now and are back home after a nice road victory @ Illinois. the Akron vs. Buffalo pick is a tough one, i think the spread makes the differene especially considering Buffalo hasn't been a favorite in their last 5 games. That Iowa spread is blessing. Week after week, people are skeptical as to how good this Iowa team is, and week after week, they prove why they are the only undefeated team in the Big 10. If they can beat Penn St. on the road, they can beat Wisconsin on the road. C. Michigan is another good pick, they've had a tougher schedule and have only allowed 14.7 ppg as opposed to W. Michigan's 25 ppg. Strong picks, i wouldn't want to touch that VT/GT game but, BOL.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    catch them bad lines bro!
    Hey Dex, I feel you but when I do what I do the line doesn't matter to me. I expect the cover whether the line moves 1 point or 5. I do every game on the schedule and then I break it down to those that make it through my three tests. So out of 60 some odd games I end up with only 11 that make it. Like I said the lines don't matter with my card. I know it sounds crazy but it works for me.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    Hey Dex, I feel you but when I do what I do the line doesn't matter to me. I expect the cover whether the line moves 1 point or 5. I do every game on the schedule and then I break it down to those that make it through my three tests. So out of 60 some odd games I end up with only 11 that make it. Like I said the lines don't matter with my card. I know it sounds crazy but it works for me.
    I like to pay attention to key numbers. Value increases my confidence, since I don't always pick teams I think will win. So getting those 7.5, 10.5, and 21's on underdog plays goes a long way.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by ackem19 View Post
    we share a couple of picks (i really like the Ohio, Ohio St. and Wake picks). Im surprised by the N'Western pick. i feel Michigan St has done pretty well with a tougher schedule. Northwestern only beat Miami (OH)(possibly the worst team in college football) by 10 points and and inched by E. Michigan (who got crushed by C. Michigan 56-8). I think MSU has alot of momentum right now and are back home after a nice road victory @ Illinois. the Akron vs. Buffalo pick is a tough one, i think the spread makes the differene especially considering Buffalo hasn't been a favorite in their last 5 games. That Iowa spread is blessing. Week after week, people are skeptical as to how good this Iowa team is, and week after week, they prove why they are the only undefeated team in the Big 10. If they can beat Penn St. on the road, they can beat Wisconsin on the road. C. Michigan is another good pick, they've had a tougher schedule and have only allowed 14.7 ppg as opposed to W. Michigan's 25 ppg. Strong picks, i wouldn't want to touch that VT/GT game but, BOL.
    Thanks ackem19. Best of luck to you too. I think Northwestern will play up to Michigan State or vice versa. I think this will be a let down game for them thinking it will be a walk in the park and let N'western stick around. I usually don't mess with games like VT/GT but I like VT's defense against GT's offense. And this may be the only time I touch a VT game this year. I really don't like their offense. They are hit and miss, but I can count on their defense. I just think Buffalo is walking around with their heads in the ground waiting for the season to end. Akron is Akron. It is a tough play.

Thanks for your input.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I like to pay attention to key numbers. Value increases my confidence, since I don't always pick teams I think will win. So getting those 7.5, 10.5, and 21's on underdog plays goes a long way.
    Great point HoulihansTX! And thanks.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Akron's starting QB is out for the season. Akron has a hard time scoring now, and Buffalo has a big time offense = Blowout.

Northwestern is a bad defensive team. Michigan St. should be able to keep a big lead on them. But Michigan St. just played Illinois so my thoughts may be skewed.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Akron's starting QB is out for the season. Akron has a hard time scoring now, and Buffalo has a big time offense = Blowout.

Northwestern is a bad defensive team. Michigan St. should be able to keep a big lead on them. But Michigan St. just played Illinois so my thoughts may be skewed.
    Damn I didn't see that. Oh well, all I can do is hope Buffalo doesn't wake up for this one.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adabarber I see 8 games on your card that I really really like. Central Michigan being my favorite game of the weekend.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    Adabarber I see 8 games on your card that I really really like. Central Michigan being my favorite game of the weekend.
    Well, I think we may have a nice little weekend. Good luck with all your plays.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

More info tomorrow during the day. Be easy fellows and enjoy your night!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Good morning guys! Any new information other than Clemson blowing a rod this week and S. Carolina getting smashed by Alabama? Mo' money, Mo' money!

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Don't know about the Memphis line. They have no D and I don't even know who they will have rotated in at QB this week. Southern Miss is coming off a rough loss to Louisville but this is a rivalry game for both. I would lay off.

I am tending to like Wisconsin. Iowa struggled against the Michigan D while Wisconsin held Ohio St. to a little bit above 150 total yards. If not for the 2 pick-td's and the return, I say Wisconsin wins that game by 14. I believe they are the much better team and the line swing on the game is showing it.

I also like the VT play, even though it is at -3 now. Nothing better for a bad Offensive team to have is to go against a poor D.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good morning guys! Any new information other than Clemson blowing a rod this week and S. Carolina getting smashed by Alabama? Mo' money, Mo' money!
    one....that's not going to happen, and two Alabama isnt even one of your plays.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

My book just said the line isnt up because of "injuries" But I'm not seeing anything significant for either team that should delay a line. My guess is they are on to another Toledo point shaving scandal

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    one....that's not going to happen, and two Alabama isnt even one of your plays.
    Dbldown, I live in Columbia, SC. That is why I mentioned both SC teams. And I am a South Carolina Alumni and I watch them every week. So I gave my opinion of those games because I am a homer. Thank you for letting me know I didn't choose that game.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    My book just said the line isnt up because of "injuries" But I'm not seeing anything significant for either team that should delay a line. My guess is they are on to another Toledo point shaving scandal
    U r probably right.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with your card this week Ada.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1230 View Post
    Don't know about the Memphis line. They have no D and I don't even know who they will have rotated in at QB this week. Southern Miss is coming off a rough loss to Louisville but this is a Rivalry game for both. I would lay off.

I am tending to like Wisconsin. Iowa struggled against the Michigan D while Wisconsin held Ohio St. to a little bit above 150 total yards. If not for the 2 pick-td's and the return, I say Wisconsin wins that game by 14. I believe they are the much better team and the line swing on the game is showing it.

I also like the VT play, even though it is at -3 now. Nothing better for a bad Offensive team to have is to go against a poor D.
    Thanks for your input. Sorry we have a difference of opinion. Hey we both have a 50-50 chance. Good Luck My Boy!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Arkansas State was atrocious. Both teams were atrocious. Congratulations to all that cashed. I couldn't pull the trigger on that one.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Lines as of 10/15/09

Okay fellows. This list went through a more detailed criteria. So I don't expect too many losses, if any. I will book most of these if not all. Good luck to all, and may I aid in the cashing of many tickets. Here we go

Wake Forest = +6
    Iowa +2.5
    N'western +12.5
    Ohio -13
    Central Michigan -6.5
    Akron +11
    Kent State -5.5
    Virginia Tech -3.5
    UL Laffayette -7.5
    Memphis +13 (Went Off)
    Ohio State -13.5

Everything in Bold has been booked.
    I also parlayed the whole card except for the Memphis pick. I went real light just for fun!

Now, let's get it!
    Wake Forest +7
    Iowa +2
    N'western +13.5
    Ohio -13.5
    C. Michigan -7
    Akron +9
    Kent State -6.5
    V. Tech -3.5
    UL Laffayette -7.5
    Memphis +14
    Ohio State -14

I caught a couple of better lines by locking in early! Good luck guys.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Anybody got any news on the S. Miss/Missouri game. It went off for awhile and is now at +14 Memphis. I want to lock this in if nothing significant has happened on Memphis' side.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Added Memphis +14

S. Miss lost their QB for the season. Memphis' senior RB is back in his second game. S. Miss is terrible on third down and Memphis' D is proficient at stopping third downs. This will be a grind it out game.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Anybody got any news on the S. Miss/Missouri game. It went off for awhile and is now at +14 Memphis. I want to lock this in if nothing significant has happened on Memphis' side.
    I meant Memphis. Sorry. Nobody answered so it really didn't matter.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Line Changes as of 10/16/09

Akron +8
    N'western +14
    Memphis +15
    Ohio -14

I guess my picks of N'western and Memphis might be shaky.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Keep it coming.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Watch the run I go on! I am ready.

atlman_7
    atlman_7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not familiar enough to comment on most of the team but as a Hokie and a betting man I love Virginia Tech even if it were -7. I also like Ohio State and Wake.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Thanks atlman. Appreciate the support. May all your tickets make it to the casier!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

It's money day guys! LET'S GET PAID!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

It's money day guys! LET'S GET PAID!
    Gl to your card. I know you will be in the positive.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

HoulihansTX, gl to all your pix and you shall be in the black as well!
    And I wish they had a Houlihans in South Carolina. I haven't been to that restaurant in over twenty years, since I left NYC. And I know that may not be behind the the naming of your screen nomenclature!

12 Last