WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sleeper Team - Rice Owls

If Rice is not a sleeper team, then I'm not sure who is. The Owls started last season 1-5 but recovered to go 6-1 including 5 straight with a bowl win over Air Force. There are 18 starters returning with 10 of those on the defensive side of the ball. They are the only FBS team to return 85 percent of their letterman, 84 percent of their total yardage and 89 percent of their total tackles from the 2012 season. On defense, three of last year's starters have been beaten out by better players...usually a good sign.

Tough opener against Texas A&M but after that the schedule is very managable.

@Texas A&M, Kansas, Houston, Florida Atlantic, @Tulsa, @UTEP, @New Mexico State, UTEP, @North Texas, Louisiana Tech, @UAB, Tulane.

bamaatlsu
    bamaatlsu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5310

Wow, they must have a huge rivalry with UTEP!

WorkHorse

Yep, during the 2014 season I think they play UTEP three times.

You are right on there Bud....huge rivalry.

UTSA...first xxxxxxx mistake I've made today/month/year...not sure which.

bamaatlsu

I just took a look at their projected win total. I'm with ya, I think they go over 7.5 wins. They avoid both Marshall and ECU, and get Tulane and La Tech at home. They may be favored in 10 games.

WorkHorse

Sorry Bama...I'm in the middle of a happy hour before a card game tonight and just shot from the hip.

Didn't mean to come across as a smartass and I did.
    Thanks partner for being a good CFB poster and giving good stuff for the forum.

bamaatlsu

Ha, I didn't even take it in a bad way. Just tryin to beat the bookies!

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

hey, thanks. good stuff.... i remember rice went thru a really, really rocky period recently. freshman qb and offense stalled completely? and for one of these crazy OVER type teams that's very bad.......... but didn't realize they went on nice run later in season

another team that seemed to pick it up late in the season was hawaii. not comparable to rice at all, but a horrendously terrible ATS team that improved alot the last 2-3 games.

WorkHorse

Gojets, Hawaii opens with Southern Cal this season. The line is somewhere around USC -22. The Rainbows ain't going to be a sleeper against the Trojans...at least not this season. Kiffin and company have a lot to prove and will beat the Oahu out of Hawaii.

When Hawaii lost June Jones...they lost a great coaching fit for the Islands...finding a par replacement will be difficult. Norm Chow has had a nice career as a coordinator but he won't last long with the Bows.

I'll take USC -30 if it goes there.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Gojets, Hawaii opens with Southern Cal this season. The line is somewhere around USC -22. The Rainbows ain't going to be a sleeper against the Trojans...at least not this season. Kiffin and company have a lot to prove and will beat the Oahu out of Hawaii.

When Hawaii lost June Jones...they lost a great coaching fit for the Islands...finding a par replacement will be difficult. Norm Chow has had a nice career as a coordinator but he won't last long with the Bows.

I'll take USC -30 if it goes there.
    agreed. no matter what you think of how USC will do this year, i think they'll want to pile it on in this game.

WorkHorse

Gojets, our guys are beginning to like you. You are positive and enthusiastic about college football here in the SBR Forum. Friend, I don't know how old you are or how capable you are at capping...makes no difference for those of us wanting a positive forum here at SBR. We all can work together and win some coins if we pull together and really try. Live and learn my friend and you certainly seem open to that.

A bunch of old guys love your attitude Bud....wish you well this season.