Gonna definitely play one of my weekly over/under selections on this Thursday night game at Missouri. Hope to get back on a roll after a bit of a hiccup last weekend. After sweeping the board in 2 of the first 4 weeks with my totals plays, I did an about-face and went 0-4 last week, bringing the season tally to 13-7. Fortunately for me, I got hot again with my sides and went 6-0 for the week, bringing the season mark to 20-14.

MISSOURI/NEBRASKA - UNDER 50

The boys in Vegas opened this total at 54 earlier in the week. It was setting up as a pretty good matchup pitting the Tigers prolific pass attack against the Cornhuskers surprisingly stiff D. The number seemed about right. But now the weatherman is calling for heavy rain and the oddsmakers have dropped the total to 50. They'd drop it a whole lot further if they could, but they'd run the risk of getting middled on the game. The under at 50 is a bargain. The wet weather should significantly reduce Missouri's aerial threat, forcing them to rely much more on the ground game. The clock will be moving all night and it's probably gonna be tough for either team to move the chains. This one won't go much above 40.

COLORADO STATE/UTAH - UNDER 52-

Gonna give some of the credit for this pick to the weatherman again. Game time conditions are forecasted to be....freezing rain/snow mix, temps in the high 30s. Neither of these teams is particularly explosive on offense in ideal conditions. The Utes are the better of the two teams, but their offense has been ravaged by injuries. They'll be happy to play ball control and eke out a modest victory. Go south with this one.

ARMY/VANDERBILT - OVER 39

Vandy's problem is that they get whooped by the better teams. Against the likes of Mississippi, Mississippi State, and LSU they were unable to score even double digits. Against the cupcake teams, like Rice and Western Carolina, the Commodores don't mind flexing their muscles. Today, Vandy faces another cupcake team in Army. Both teams will be able to run on the other. Vandy should eventually grab a comfortable lead and the Cadets will be forced to do the unthinkable.....pass the ball! They won't be able to do it. Instead they'll stop the clock and turn the ball over....and eventually this game will go over too.

AKRON/OHIO - OVER 52

This Ohio team has been getting it done offensively. They put up 44 last week against Bowling Green and they've been averaging right around 30 ppg for the season. Akron, meanwhile has been struggling. Why? Because their defense stinks and they've been yielding close to 30 ppg. Gonna guess that the Zips used their bye week last week to work with the new QB, who's replacing the veteran Jacquemain. I think that each team will try to outscore the other and this game easily goes into the 60s.

As always, best of luck.
Harry

2009 College totals plays 13-7
2009 College sides plays 20-14