Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Texas -32.5 over Colorado seem very high to me

Wow, this line looks extremely high to me. I know Colorado sucks ass but come on, this is a conference game and Colorado is not as bad as their 1-2 record shows. Colorado's rushing offense is horrendous (111th ranked) but their passing offense is serviceable ranked around 37. Combine an ok passing game against UT's 61st ranked passing defense and Colo should put up a few points. Texas run defense is ranked 2 in the nation so I don't see the Buffs running the ball successfully. I do see the buffs moving the ball and getting some quick scores by miscues by UT's secondary or punt team.

Colorado has looked much more improved shutting out Wyoming last week. A team that UT struggled with for 2 quarters. I love Colorado and 32 points. This game will be close in the first half as well, so I'm going to lay Colorado 1st half. Colorado team total is 14 and I think they will be able to manage that many points easily.

This game should be around 44-20 type of game. Colorado covers easily

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

I was thinking the same thing...Colorado is terrible...but not God awful...I see a blow out...but not by 32 points.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

I agree

Mac4Lyfe

Let's cash this bitch.... I bought Colorado 3 days ago at 31.5. The line has moved up a point since then. I may have to hammer this play even more especially if Nebraska covers tomorrow night.

$825.00 $750.00 Football - 351 Colorado +31½ -110 for Game
    I also have round robin parlays with these games...

Football - 329 Alabama -6½ -110 for Game
    Football - 345 Georgia pk -110 for Game
    Football - 351 Colorado +31½ -110 for Game
    Football - 383 Florida -9 -110 for Game
    Football - 303 Nebraska -3 -110 for Game

Mac4Lyfe

BTW: I don't give a shit about getting bad lines this week. I bought them early and still feel good about my plays

It does prove a point on the value of getting the best lines but let's just hope this is the one week where it won't matter.

coachr1
    coachr1's Avatar Become A Pro!

mac i didnt see this thread and started another one on this game. i disagree i think texas will cover this spread. I wouldnt count on Hawkins being able to throw the ball on Texas there o-line will not be able to protect him and they only have one good receiver that can be covered by any number of the Texas DB's. If colorado cant run the ball texas will be able to utilize a bunch of different blitzes to get after Hawkins and the Colorado o-line has looked terrible. I would be surprised if hawkins makes it through this game if they try to throw the ball a bunch. However Colorado may be better off with a different QB.

polson22
    polson22's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, that's my general feel too. basically too many points although colorado does sucks and benefitted from all those WV turnovers.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is always a million squares lined up ready to take Texas, Florida, and Alabama at any price so that is why the books like to tack on an extra TD.

Im not playing it, but agree the number is too high.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Texas hasn't been covering these big spreads. Didn't do it against Wyoming, or UTEP.

Lean: Colorado +32.5

coachr1

That is right nobs but i think the only way colorado keeps this close is by running the ball and shortening the game and i dont see them running the ball on texas. if they become one dimensional against texas they are in for a long day. they may cover if they get some turnovers are something on special teams but texas is very good on special teams and mccoy usually takes care of the ball.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

the issue is colorado secondary and FG teams, i like the +32.5, but also wouldnt be surprised if the longhorns cover this since they're the hometeam

Bookiefits
    Bookiefits's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whose on deck for Texas..just to lazy to look.

coachr1

Texas beat UTEP 64-7 and covered the spread. Then UTEP beats Houston last week. Texas also had an extra week to get ready for Colorado. Texas covered spread by two touchdowns last year at colorado.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wow, this line looks extremely high to me. I know Colorado sucks ass but come on, this is a conference game and Colorado is not as bad as their 1-2 record shows. Colorado's rushing offense is horrendous (111th ranked) but their passing offense is serviceable ranked around 37. Combine an ok passing game against UT's 61st ranked passing defense and Colo should put up a few points. Texas run defense is ranked 2 in the nation so I don't see the Buffs running the ball successfully. I do see the buffs moving the ball and getting some quick scores by miscues by UT's secondary or punt team.

Colorado has looked much more improved shutting out Wyoming last week. A team that UT struggled with for 2 quarters. I love Colorado and 32 points. This game will be close in the first half as well, so I'm going to lay Colorado 1st half. Colorado team total is 14 and I think they will be able to manage that many points easily.

This game should be around 44-20 type of game. Colorado covers easily
    Good catch right there. Also UT has to prepare to play against Oklahoma in rivalry game next week. Colorado have a very good chance to cover.

BARTENDERAAG
    BARTENDERAAG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would love to take Texas but I took them for -32 against Wyoming they really let me down oh well second times a charm.

Mac4Lyfe

Texas special teams outside of Shipley is very average. I think Colorado can gain an advantage with their punter. If Colorado can put up at least 14 points it's going to be tough for UT to cover.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

it will be hard for colorado to even score but texas will be looking ahead to the red river shootout so their focus might be off

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

With Florida's status uncertain, Texas has a chance to make a statement and garner more #1 votes. Plus, the defensive coordinator is pissed about giving up points, he wants shutouts.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

32.5 is a lot of points to cover.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Yes it is. I'm considering Texas -22.5 in my 3 Team/10 Point teaser, but I won't play it at -32.5. The final score could be 32-0, 35-3 or 39-7.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Texas hasn't been covering these big spreads. Didn't do it against Wyoming, or UTEP.
    Texas covered against UTEP. Maybe you're thinking of ULM in week one. UT got back-doored in that one.

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Texas covers this game if they feel like covering this game. Colorado is pathetic, particularly their defense. I'm not taking either side because I hate betting huge faves, but I can't see any way Colorado is a legit play here. But best of luck to you anyway Mac

Mac4Lyfe

Thanks Twincities... Colorado seems to be settling down as a team IMO. I think there defense is finally getting some stops, especially in the red zone. I also think the coach's son is playing QB much better as well and has learned to scramble for his life and make some plays. I think Texas rolls in the 2nd half but not by 32 points.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

this won't be close but a backdoor cover is always a concern...texas d is way too big n way too fast...horns are 1-3 ats so far this year...i will lay the wood 'cause i'm a homer and always do.

JayC
    Big Booty Hoes
    JayC's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I bet this game I'm going with Colorado plus the points. Texas will win easily, but I think by only 24-28 points.