GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

+14 Purdue @ Cincinnati

Yes, it's the first game of the season so ultimately it's wait and see. But I like this play a lot. Any reason why this play is not good at all?

GWOZOZO

One angle is an unproven OC at Cincinnati in Eddie Gran, the RB coach at FSU last year. Cincinnati's strength offensively is in their SR QB. Will he have a preference for the run while neglecting their strength?

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

New head coach Tommy Tuberville has an SEC background and he believes in running the ball and playing solid defense. Gran coached under Tubbs at Auburn so they know each other and Gran knows what's expected. The Bearcats averaged 201 yards per game last year and will try to duplicate those numbers this year. I think Cincy fans can look for a pretty balanced approach (run/pass) out of this year's offense.

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    New head coach Tommy Tuberville has an SEC background and he believes in running the ball and playing solid defense. Gran coached under Tubbs at Auburn so they know each other and Gran knows what's expected. The Bearcats averaged 201 yards per game last year and will try to duplicate those numbers this year. I think Cincy fans can look for a pretty balanced approach (run/pass) out of this year's offense.

Cincy could very well be undefeated playing Louisville at the end of the year. Why I don't think they will, I'm not a big fan of Gran as an OC, I believe he's never been one anywhere he's been.

Im with you Workhorse, they will be balanced and wouldn't be surprised if they are more on the side of playing power football with Tuberville as coach.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yeah Fred, Tuberville is from the old school of power football.

Cincinnati had a pretty good running game last year (30th nationally) compared to passing (54th). They lose George Winn (1,334 yards 2012) to graduation and will have to come up with a new back/backs. I believe junior Ralph Abernathy came out of spring as the leader but Tuberville is bringing in two JUCO kids who could compete for the job.

The thing that has Tuberville excited is all offensive line starters from last year are back. Yeah, they will run the ball.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Purdue loses too many playes on the offense to be very competitive, but it is game 1. Pass.

GWOZOZO

Yeah, I think I should pass on all the games in wk 1