Minnesota -3* (buying it down)
    Kentucky +11.5*
    Alabama -6.5**
    Marshall -3*
    Wisconsin +14*
    Duke +14.5*
    Florida International -3*
    Florida -9.5**
    Florida St +3* ( I know this one is stupid, just a hunch )

Open for discussion.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i like wisconsin, west virginia and kentucky picks

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Wisconsin will get blown out. They want to play high scholl ball, and run predictable plays such as half back dive, half back sweep, counter, and pull the guards. All obvious shit that Ohio State will sniff out before the play is called. You can't run straight at Ohio State. Ohio State - 14.5

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

UConn +7 As I have said I’m never on the right side of Pitt with the exception of last week. I have however had some success over the years with UConn. The Huskies have had a week off to prepare but I’m not sure if that’ll be a deciding factor or not. They are heading into a very difficult portion of their conference season and the games coming up won’t be any easier either. This game qualifies by the minimum on my program so I should have passed but we’ll see what happens.

West Virginia -10 This bothers me because it’s gonna be a public favorite I’m sure. Syracuse while improved really isn’t all that good and West Virginia while a potentially dominate team just makes too many mental and forced errors to ever be as good as they could be. Another game I should probably pass on but it qualifies and I’m trying to stick to the program.

Minnesota-4 Purdue has the offense to win this game outright for sure but the program says Minnesota so Minnesota says I.

Kentucky +11.5 Back to back weeks Kentucky has had to face Florida and Alabama and now they get to take on South Carolina’s defense, they should get an automatic bid to a bowl for that alone. I don’t see anything crazy like an upset here, South Carolina should win the game. I do like Kentucky to hang tough though and the program as well likes the number they are getting.

Alabama -6.5 This game rated as the best value line according to all games I ran through the program. Now understandably my program is based on stats and ratings so it can certainly be skewed at times. Ole Miss is a good team but in my opinion Alabama is the best team in the nation and that means better than Texas or Florida. Time will obviously prove if my opinion is worth a crap or not but Alabama will keep that opinion alive through this coming week’s game atleast. Double unit game here.

Wisconsin +14 Many may still be wondering if Wisconsin is a good team or not. I watched them this past weekend against Minnesota and they are a decent team if nothing else. They are a tad slow but then that has never bothered the Big 10 teams anyways. Ohio St is a good team and that has been proven just how good can be debated. My program has Wisconsin at a slightly higher than minimum value and since I won with them last week I’ll give them another run.

Duke +14.5 Probably not the best investment opportunity of the weekend but it’s a program play and I’m following the program till it’s time to follow something else.

Florida International -3 Same as above with the added degenerate bonus of being able to say I bet on Florida International.

Florida -9.5 This like the Alabama game will be a double unit game and maybe more come game time. Unlike the Alabama game or any of the games I am on this week this game doesn’t qualify as a program play. Basically my program has this as a pick’em. Maybe it’s the inner homer in me but I don’t see this game anywhere near a pick. Florida has the advantage in special teams. Most out there would give Florida the advantage on defense as well. On offense the running game goes to Florida, the receivers go to LSU and the quarterback goes to Florida with or without Tebow under center. I might have to take my Orange and Blue tinted shades off after the game but until then Florida wins this one by 17+.

Florida State +3 I can’t even come up with anything even remotely convincing to myself or anyone else as to why there would be a play on this team. I’m just following the programs lead.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Wisconsin will get blown out. They want to play high scholl ball, and run predictable plays such as half back dive, half back sweep, counter, and pull the guards. All obvious shit that Ohio State will sniff out before the play is called. You can't run straight at Ohio State. Ohio State - 14.5
    While I appreciate your opinion I did happen to notice that Ohio St wasn't one of your plays this week in your thread.

bigcat1
    bigcat1's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck on your pics..looks as if you put your time in on your studying, i urge you to stay away from ky, i have posted this the last 3 weeks, do not take the points with kentucky...i watch them closely..the only play is a no play or south carolina and the number....spurrier owns kentucky, i begged pags and zboiz last week, they didn't listen. but best of luck to you...for my cats sake i hope we win...just not going to happen..our d line is bad qb terrible too many turnovers,

wal66

The other games that the program selected but I haven't decided on because it's just too many games are..................

Middle tennesseeThe other games that the program selected but I haven't decided on because it's just too many games are..................

Middle tennessee St outright winner
    Nebraska
    Navy
    Oregon
    Boston College
    Ball St
    Marshall
    by a large number
    Baylor
    Utah
    Ohio U
    New Mexico St
    St outright winner
    Nebraska
    Navy
    Oregon
    Boston College
    Ball St
    Marshall by a large number
    Baylor
    Utah
    Ohio U
    New Mexico St

These are not plays just the rest of the games my program suggested. Although Oregon, Marshall and Midd Tenn St were strong value and should be made plays.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat1 View Post
    good luck on your pics..looks as if you put your time in on your studying, i urge you to stay away from ky, i have posted this the last 3 weeks, do not take the points with kentucky...i watch them closely..the only play is a no play or south carolina and the number....spurrier owns kentucky, i begged pags and zboiz last week, they didn't listen. but best of luck to you...for my cats sake i hope we win...just not going to happen..our d line is bad qb terrible too many turnovers,

Cats, I don't follow Kentucky very closely but I do once or twice a year take a stab on them. I have watched both their games the past two weeks and did watch a little of the Louisville game. They are struggling that is for sure but atleast in the case of the previous two games you have to take into account what they were up against. South Carolina doesn't have the weapons that Florida of Alabama have. While that doesn't mean they aren't still a formable opponents and could end up blowing the Wildcats out I like your teams chances to keep this one a lil closer than the line. I appreciate the warning though and probably should heed your advice because unlike a true homer your willing to look past your loyelties and see reality.

wal66

I want to clear something up. Tebow in all likelyhood will start Saturday but if he weren't to play the present line would be even easier a cover. I'm off my rocker right? Maybe most would think so but it's my thread so I'll explain anyways.

1: Noway Brantley is the emotional leader that a Tebow is or more importantly for the game he isn't the running threat that Tebow is. While that is true from an aggressive standpoint Brantley is still capable as a runner because he doesn't present the threat. When he does run he is quicker and can still gain the easy yards just not the pounding punnishing yards.

2: We all agree even the most diehard Gator fan that Florida's receiving core isn't on par with previous teams. No argument there but we still have capable receivers. Now Tebow has certainly had a pass here and there tat was thrown as good as any quarterback has ever thrown a ball he doesn't do it consistantly. Receivers have to make certain adjustment on their routes that the wouldn't have to make with a more pure passer. Brantley is certainly a pure passer. With time due to Tebow missing practice with the 1st teamers the timing would have had some time to improve.

3: I guarantee you that LSU never once thought Florida wouldn't start this game with any other quarterback other than Tebow and thusly have practiced for that. Starting Brantley would be unexpected and be worth points on that alone.

No matter how you shape things up, whomever is taking snaps they are still handing the ball off to 4 quality backs, three of which are a threat to go the distance at any time and a third who is able to get the punnishing yards. With that in the bag and the ability to force LSU to actually take defending the pass seriously I say with Brantley the -9 is easier a cover than even with Tebow.

My opinion....................what's yours?

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I'll be on UConn and Wisconsin for sure. Still undecided about Florida /LSU. Mostly thinking about avoiding it altogether. Maybe I am just thinking about it too much. Anyway, I had leans to some of those other games your program had (Nebraska, Baylor, BC, Ball St.) as plays so I hope you have a good week Wal. BOL!

wal66

I know you're too smart to do it Coug but don't talk yourself into the Florida/LSU game. Way too public and far better games on the board if you have nothing at stake here. Personally it along with Alabama are the two easiest games on the board but that's because this is home.

I don't why Nebraska isn't on my play list yet they are a far better opportunity than a couple of the ones I am on. probably by game time I will have something on them as well.

Goodluck in all your games this weekend.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I'm already on Bama, UGA, Colorado and UF...

I like UK. Yes they didn't cover last week but they gave Bama all they could handle. Small play for me but I like them. nonetheless.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL wal...

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

went thru all lines this week only like 2 sides while waiting for totals.
    has anyone noticed utah -7

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

GL this week wal

wal66

Thanks Mac, Pags and jackpot

Accuscore.................I run the numbers for every game on the board and select only a few for whatever reason. Utah rated as a play of +4.5 value which is above my +3.5 minimal but off the top of my head I can't remember why I eliminated them

wal66

Ok, it's been debated and hashed out enough. I'm adding on.

Middle Tennessee St +7 *

wal66

0-1 to start another week.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    0-1 to start another week.
    Same here!! Good luck the rest of the week!

wal66

It'll be an decent weekend I think. Playing Florida and Alabama for some extra units should help.

wal66

Just realized a typo...........Floida St should read -3 not +3

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Hey Wal66, JUMP SHIP!!! on that New Mex St. play. They are atrocious, and Utah St. should route them.

wal66

Houlihans.....I'm not on that game. That list are the remaining games that my program suggested as qualifiers. The first list (initial post) are the games I'm currently on. But thanks for the looking out. Any game I am ever actually wagered on will always have a* behind it indicating units.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Alabama and Ole Miss will be a dog fight!

Ole Miss is a tough place to play. Sneed plays better at home than on the road. I love BAMA and I think they are the best team in the nation but they will have there hands full in Oxford!

wal66

I agree this game has potential for a serious dogfight. Snead will have to perform at a very high level though. He is capable of such a performance for sure and the one way to attack Alabama is through the air. I like Alabama to win this one by about 10-13 points though. We'll see how it goes.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

On 3 plays this week together Wal...avoiding Bama/Ole Miss and Florida/LSU GL

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Having success so far but should have laid off this game.

wal66

Quote Originally Posted by wal66 View Post
    UConn +7* winner
    West Virginia -10* winner
    Minnesota -3* (buying it down) winner
    Kentucky +11.5* winner
    Alabama -6.5** winner
    Marshall -3* winner
    Wisconsin +14* loser
    Duke +14.5* winner
    Florida International -3*
    Florida -9.5**
    Florida St +3* ( I know this one is stupid, just a hunch )

Open for discussion.
    So far so good. All means nothing without Florida victory tonight though.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

way to go so far Wal

wal66

Thanks Dbldown.

If I get a good night for the state of Florida it will be a very sweet day indeed.

wal66

9-1 for the day so far with FSU pending.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hell of a day Wal.... went 11-5 myself, and I saw Pags went 6-1.....looks like most had a killer day.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

first team to 60 pTS wins

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Great day Wal

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805