WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Whose the Best Running Back in College Football?

There are some good running backs who will be playing this season. Who do you think is the Best in the nation? I've listed six who might be given consideration. Welcome any others who you might like.

Ka'Deen Carey, Arizona (5-10, 196, junior)
    Todd Gurley, Georgia (6-1, 220, sophomore)
    Duke Johnson, Miami (5-9, 198, sophomore)
    Venric Mark, Northwestern (5-8, 180, senior)
    Lache Seastrunk, Baylor (5-10, 210, junior)
    T.J. Yeldon, Alabama (6-2, 222, sophomore)

I wouldn't be surprised if all six of the above run for over a thousand yards plus.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Throw James Wilder in there

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Very tough to compare these guys. I think the best season stats though will goto Todd Gurley. Georgia will be up by a few scores in a lot of games and will run the ball a lot against tired Defenses in the fourth, not to mention he'll put up great numbers through the 1st through 3rd too!

Duke Johnson will be the biggest play maker though, not just out of the backfield. Last year he made some huge returns and he also threw a touchdown pass!! haha, Really tough to say through.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Gurley outdid Lattimore's freshmen year and gets half the attention.

WorkHorse

Dane, I don't know if FSU's Wilder can go through a season without getting into trouble.

Another good back is Oregon's DeAnthony Thomas.

studmlb55
    studmlb55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yeldon is the cream of the crop.

WorkHorse

I agree Stud...Yeldon is a jewel. The kid had a great freshman year with 1,000 yards as a backup. What makes him special is his work ethic and attitude. Good kid who just takes care of business. I look for a great year out of TJ. Saban loves his starting running back, and he has a ton of talent behind him.

Friends, that little bug at Northwestern is special also. Keep an eye on him this season.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ben Malena belongs on that list. Jeremy Hill would as well if he wasn't an idiot off the field. I'd give it to Yeldon, even when you factor in the advantage the Alabama OL gives him. His work ethic sets him apart.

My favourite among lesser known RBs is Jay Ajayi for Boise State. He's got really deceptive lateral quickness for a bigger running back, and is set to put up a huge year as the #1 against somewhat weak competition.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

(The Black Mamba) De'anthony didnt even come to my mind for some reason. Hes hands down the best athlete in college football, although he does lack size. 4.24 low 40 time

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Ameer Abdullah could have a huge breakout year as the top RB for Nebraska; if only he works on his stamina so he doesn't have to come out of the game after every long run.

I had Venric Mark in mind before I even clicked this thread, thinking nobody else would mention him...so kudos on that!