bookinwinners
    bookinwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

Who beats Alabama and why?

Just wanted to see what everybody thinks. Me personally looking at schedule and roster I don't think u can point to any team they play and say "they are supposed to beat them this week"

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bama will be favored in every game this season. Anywhere from -6 against Texas A&M to -60 against Chattanooga.

To answer your question "Who beats Alabama and why?" The answer is Alabama beats themselves by not being mentally ready to play. Even on an off day, I see only A&M and LSU as teams who can beat them. There won't be an off day against the Aggies...you can bet on that.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only 2 teams with a chance are LSU and TAMU. The rest of their schedule is a joke, and can largely be taken out of the equation (The Rebels could put up a decent fight). The best chance for a loss comes at College Station, and I think that's a pretty obvious answer.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I am going to say Ole Miss for a strange reason. They go to Alabama, who will be in the middle of a three game homestand, with the other two games against absolute patsies. 'Bama could easily be lulled to sleep because of the schedule, especially after they defeat A&M. Just a hunch play, but here is something a little more than a hunch. Ole Miss is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games at Alabama.

bookinwinners

I think a&m has the least chance of the two to beat them. When u consider just the fact that Saban and smart have basically 9 months to prepare with a bye week before and not after a big game in Baton Rouge the week before. Then take in the fact that bama had 1 bad qtr last year then out scores then 24-9 the last 3. Oh and Saban being 15-2 in revenge games.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You can bet your last pair of boots that Alabama won't get inside the 5 yard line first and goal with the game on the line and throw the frecken ball on the first play like last year (interception/ballgame). Worst play call of the entire season. The best offensive line in the country and the OC calls for a pass rather than run the ball for four plays if needed.

Guarantee you Saban has made sure that won't happen again. Lost the ballgame!

bookinwinners

Yeah looked like some les miles at the end of the bowl game play calling to me.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bookinwinners View Post
    I think a&m has the least chance of the two to beat them. When u consider just the fact that Saban and smart have basically 9 months to prepare with a bye week before and not after a big game in Baton Rouge the week before. Then take in the fact that bama had 1 bad qtr last year then out scores then 24-9 the last 3. Oh and Saban being 15-2 in revenge games.
    You really can't take what happens in the last 3 quarters of a game with same weight after a 20-0 start, regardless of who's playing. It changes the whole dynamic of the game. And the teams have the same time to prepare. A game vs Sam Houston State instead of a bye is not a disadvantage. Alabama will only have one game under their belts before this matchup.

bookinwinners

Ok fair enough. But I've gotta ask, assuming no injuries are you taking the points?

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

georgia in the championship game is the only one that might beat bama, and even then i highly doubt it.....bama roll this season, schedule is far to easy for them not to

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bookinwinners View Post
    Ok fair enough. But I've gotta ask, assuming no injuries are you taking the points?
    I lean to the points right now, but it should be a no-play for me.

These two teams are both going to be very strong this year, and each has the ability to overpower the other. The problem is, both of these teams are also among the most hyped in college football for 2013 so you're not really gaining much of an advantage in terms of line value here. It's just not a game where it's beneficial to be taking a strong stand, as any perceived value you're seeing in the line is likely not really there.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Best candidates-
    Texas A&M
    LSU
    SEC Championship Game

Possible landmines
    Miss St
    Virginia Tech
    Ole Miss
    maybe Auburn. Auburn still has talent and now will have a competent coach.

They will have a bye before A&M and LSU too. Wow, it's like Harvey Updyke made this schedule.

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

I think Ole Miss has a chance....

If you watched last years game, Ole Miss was out hitting Alabama in the first quarter. The Rebs defense was flying around and they actually took a lead for about 6 seconds until Alabama ran the kickoff back, which killed any and all momentum Ole Miss had.

Ole Miss has a ton of athletes and a fast paced offense that could cause Bama some trouble, but going into Byrant Denny and knocking off the Tide is much easier said than done.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

south carolina

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    south carolina

Hadley13
    Hadley13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I thinks it's LSU. The only way Bama loses is if they don't show up to a game. Saban and his players you better believe are gonna be pissed off at A&M. They will cover that game!