ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Oct 2009 (College Picks)

Oklahoma -6.5 @ Miami.
    Miami is doing it with smoke and mirrors. Bradford is OUT for this game. OU's defense can hang with Miami's skill guys. I know all the playing at night at Miami BS. This is not the same Canes team. They don't even play in the Orange Bowl any more. OU has to win out for any chance of a National Championship. A blowout win vs the Hurricanes on a national stage will help the cause.

Southern Miss -9.5
    @ UAB
    Read it for yourself. Too many athletes for UAB to deal with.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns
    Quoted from the article.....
    “I think they have an outstanding football team,” Blazers coach Neil Callaway said. “I think Southern Miss and Houston are the two most talented teams in our league. I’ve been very impressed with their speed. Their skill position guys on both sides of the ball can really run. Their quarterback does a good job of managing the game for them.
    “Defensively, their speed at linebacker and in the secondary is outstanding. We went over there last year and got embarrassed. Hopefully, we’ll get that corrected.”

Also looking at Pitt @ Louisville. I can't quite pull the trigger on that one.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    Oklahoma -6.5 @ Miami.
    Miami is doing it with smoke and mirrors. Bradford is OUT for this game. OU's defense can hang with Miami's skill guys. I know all the playing at night at Miami BS. This is not the same Canes team. They don't even play in the Orange Bowl any more. OU has to win out for any chance of a National Championship. A blowout win vs the Hurricanes on a national stage will help the cause.

Southern Miss -9.5
    @ UAB LOSS
    “I think they have an outstanding football team,” Blazers coach Neil Callaway said. “I think Southern Miss and Houston are the two most talented teams in our league. I’ve been very impressed with their speed. Their skill position guys on both sides of the ball can really run. Their quarterback does a good job of managing the game for them.
    “Defensively, their speed at linebacker and in the secondary is outstanding. We went over there last year and got embarrassed. Hopefully, we’ll get that corrected.”

Updated

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Pittsburgh -6.5 @ Louisville
    I was leaning towards the Panthers. The Ifadeservices just made my decision much easier.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Pittsburgh -6.5 @ Louisville WINNER
    I was leaning towards the Panthers. The Ifadeservices just made my decision much easier.
    1-1 heading into Saturday.

REDL1NE
    REDL1NE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Oklahoma too. Only I'm at 7.5. Go Sooners!

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yup love Oklahoma tomorrow.....I'm against pags on that one and never like that, but dont think Miami is gonna be able to score more than 10 against that defense

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    yup love Oklahoma tomorrow.....I'm against pags on that one and never like that, but dont think Miami is gonna be able to score more than 10 against that defense
    you and I are on the same page.....let's get 'em

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

Oklahoma -6.5 @ Miami.

Southern Miss -9.5 @ UAB

i actually like miami

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Tulsa -17 @ Rice
    Tulsa outclasses the Owls in every aspect of the game. Tulsa has Boise State next in 11 days. No way they are looking ahead. Rice has one of the worst ranked defenses in the country.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

oklahoma -6.5 @ miami. loss

miami is doing it with smoke and mirrors. Bradford is out for this game. Ou's defense can hang with miami's skill guys. I know all the playing at night at miami bs. This is not the same canes team. They don't even play in the orange bowl any more. Ou has to win out for any chance of a national championship. A blowout win vs the hurricanes on a national stage will help the cause.

southern miss -9.5
    @ uab loss
    read it for yourself. Too many athletes for uab to deal with.
    quoted from the article.....
    “i think they have an outstanding football team,” blazers coach neil callaway said. “i think southern miss and houston are the two most talented teams in our league. I’ve been very impressed with their speed. Their skill position guys on both sides of the ball can really run. Their quarterback does a good job of managing the game for them.
    “defensively, their speed at linebacker and in the secondary is outstanding. We went over there last year and got embarrassed. Hopefully, we’ll get that corrected.”

also looking at pitt @ louisville. I can't quite pull the trigger on that one.
    pittsburgh -6.5 @ louisville win
    i was leaning towards the panthers. The ifadeservices just made my decision much easier.
    tulsa -17 @ rice push
    tulsa outclasses the owls in every aspect of the game. Tulsa has boise state next in 11 days. No way they are looking ahead. Rice has one of the worst ranked defenses in the country.
    1-2-1 for the week

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

1-2-1

Nebraska -3.5 @ Missouri
    The Huskers open conference play here with a big win. Mizzou is soft on defense and is still searching for a replacement of Chase Daniels at QB. Nebraska is the pick this season to win the B12 north. Huskers should be undefeated if they could have stopped VT on their final drive.

LaTech @ Nevada -10.5
    Reno will get their offense rolling this week. Very athletic QB will give this average LaTech team all it can handle. Dooley might need his daddy's 1980 Bulldog team out there Friday night.

West Virgina -10
    @ Syracuse
    The Orangemen are a very bad team. West Virgina is coming off a long week. Their last game was against Colorado last Thursday night. CU came back on the last drive to get the money. Syracuse lost at home to S. Florida last week. S. Florida covered as a road favorite. I see W. Virgina doing the same this Saturday.

Stanford +1
    @ Oregon State
    Cpt. Comeback has the Cardinal rolling. Last weeks win over UCLA was huge and continues a nice run for Stanford. They have ripped off 3 in a row since their week 2 loss at Wake. The Beavers are under performing this season. They seem to be having a ho hum year. I'll take the hot team.
    Last edited by ronjon619; 10-08-09 at 12:09 AM.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

1-2-1

Nebraska -3.5 @ Missouri win
    The Huskers open conference play here with a big win. Mizzou is soft on defense and is still searching for a replacement of Chase Daniels at QB. Nebraska is the pick this season to win the B12 north. Huskers should be undefeated if they could have stopped VT on their final drive.

LaTech @ Nevada -10.5 win
    Reno will get their offense rolling this week. Very athletic QB will give this average LaTech team all it can handle. Dooley might need his daddy's 1980 Bulldog team out there Friday night.

West Virgina -10
    @ Syracuse win
    The Orangemen are a very bad team. West Virgina is coming off a long week. Their last game was against Colorado last Thursday night. CU came back on the last drive to get the money. Syracuse lost at home to S. Florida last week. S. Florida covered as a road favorite. I see W. Virgina doing the same this Saturday.

Stanford +1
    @ Oregon State loss
    Cpt. Comeback has the Cardinal rolling. Last weeks win over UCLA was huge and continues a nice run for Stanford. They have ripped off 3 in a row since their week 2 loss at Wake. The Beavers are under performing this season. They seem to be having a ho hum year. I'll take the hot team.
    The Cardinal dug to big of a hole to climb out of.
    Record for the week 3-1
    Record for Oct 4-3-1

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Arkansas State +1.5 @ UL Monroe
    I will be going with the strength of schedule here. State has played a brutal schedule in the likes of Nebraska and Iowa. UL Monroe has given up lots to bad teams. UL beat Florida Atlantic (0-4) 27-25. Last week they beat Florida International (1-4) 48-35. The three teams UL has beaten have a 3 total wins. Arkansas State will be my pick.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Seems like an easy one...I think it's a better one to play that Wed. night that's for sure...not sure if I'll pull the trigger...if I do, it'll be for 1 unit.

GL Ronjon

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Seems like an easy one...I think it's a better one to play that Wed. night that's for sure...not sure if I'll pull the trigger...if I do, it'll be for 1 unit.

GL Ronjon
    We both got spanked with our mid-week action.

Week 0-1
    YTD 4-4-1

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles

Washington +6
    Washington ML