WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

2013 BCS Bowl Projections

I was reading through a ton of sports related websites last night and came across one of the better ones who presented their 2013 BCS Bowl projections.

Rose Bowl: Michigan vs Oregon
    Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Boise State
    Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs Louisville
    Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame
    National Title: Alabama vs Ohio State

Not a bad looking "real early" projection. My view is Stanford for Oregon in the Rose Bowl and another team rather than Notre Dame in the Orange. Pretty much go alone with the others.

What's your take.................................

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Not a ND fan, but I think they are going to run off 10 wins and get into the BCS.

Rees is a decent QB----he is 15-4 as a starter, and led ND to their OT win over Stanford last year.

I think defense matters-- and those 2 DL-- Nix and Tuitt are studs, and I think they made Te'o better look than he actually was.

The #1 reason I like ND to win 10 games? Brian Kelly. He is just a good football coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Just which Notre Dame QB are you talking about? If you are talking about Golson, he is gone. Scratch Notre Dame.

I also think that Alabama does NOT go undefeated, and that Ohio State and Louisville do. The way the system is rigged, an undefeated team in an AQ division cannot be passed by a one loss team in an AQ division. Louisville is still in an AQ Division (the AAC, formerly the Big East), and have three other things going for it. They destroyed a one loss Flroida team in last year's Sugar Bowl. Their school's hoop team won the NCAA mens Hoop's Championship. They are moving to the ACC next season. If Louisville runs the table, they go to Pasadena. My Picks:

Rose Bowl: Michigan vs Stanford
    Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs Boise State
    Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs Oregon
    Orange Bowl: Clemson vs Georgia
    National Title: Louisville vs Ohio State

Boise State and Georgia may swap Bowl's to avoid a re-run of the Clemson-UGA game scheduled for week 1.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I do not understand the love for Michigan.

They were a 5 loss team last year, lost 2500 yards of offensive production, and people have them in the BCS this season.

Not only that, but Michigan lost their best defensive player in Jake Ryan. Ryan is a stud, and teams had to account for him, there is a big dropoff with him on the shelf.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I think they take Michigan by default. Michigan travels very well. Their schedule is not easy. I think people are thinking that if Ohio State goes to the Big Game, the Rose Bowl will want another Big 10 team to play in that game. If Ohio State does NOT go to te Big game, and ends up in the Rose Bowl, no other Big 10 team will go to a BCS game.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sam, I understand what you are saying about Michigan and the respect they are getting this time of year. My question is who behind Ohio State in the Big Ten stands out as better than Michigan. Nebraska could get a mention but they have proven they don't play defense anymore and with that defensive front seven...can't see them stopping anybody this year. Penn State will probably start a true freshman at quarterback with little help at running back.

Like Bigdaddy said, if Ohio State gets to the big dance...the Rose Bowl will take the next best Big Ten team and even with only 10 starters returning, Michigan with their schedule looks to be the choice. Holk gets Notre Dame, Nebraska and Ohio State at home where he is 14-0. He does have to go to Penn State and Michigan State. Those five games seem to be the most difficult games on the schedule.

Glad to have you on board Bud.

bookinwinners
    bookinwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

[QUOTE=

I also think that Alabama does NOT undeafeted.

Who beats bama?