WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Oklahoma State Looking for Big 12 Title

Oklahoma State finished 2012 with an 8-5 record in what many called a rebuilding year. The Cowboys have a ton of returning talent, but there are several areas that need to be solidfied. The quarterback situation needs to be settled as soon as possible. Senior Clint Chelf and sophomore J.W. Walsh will battle for the starting job. Both started and won Big 12 games last year. Whoever wins the job will operate with many weapons and a stout offensive line. The receiving corps should be good with Josh Stewart looking the part of a star and other pass-catching options are plentiful in OSU's spread attack.

The defense was very inconsistent last year and for years has been perceived as the weak link of the team. The defense has adopted an attack mentality under new coordinator Glenn Spencer. A better pass rush and better play from the secondary is needed and expected. If the defense makes a smooth transition to Spencer's attacking approach, the Cowboys will be a team to be reckon with this season, especially in the Big 12 Conference.

WorkHorse

Cowboys 2013 Schedule

08/31 vs Mississippi State
    09/07 @ UTSA
    09/16 Lamar
    09/28 @ West Virginia
    10/05 Kansas State
    10/19 TCU
    10/26 @ Iowa State
    11/02 @ Texas Tech
    11/09 Kansas
    11/16 @ Texas
    11/23 Baylor
    12/07 Oklahoma

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Beating Mississippi State will be huge for their season. If they win that game I really like they're chances to run the table until they hit another speed bump named TEXAS. Other than Texas and The Bulldogs they play some mediocre teams such as Oklahoma, TCU, and West Virginia.
    Oklahoma State always seems to have random games when they don't seem to show up and they are big favorites and either win by a minimal margin like Kansas last year or outright loose like they did to Baylor. If they can beat Miss. State and Texas and manage to play consistent week in and week out I like their chances. We'll see though.

WorkHorse

Gameday, that Miss State/Oklahoma St. opener is a big game for both teams. Cowboys are around a 7 point favorite and I look forward to watching any line movement the next three months. My gut tells me this will probably be a high scoring game.

Funny story (well maybe not so funny)
    OSU head coach Mike Gundy hired a contractor to do about $80,000 worth of work on his new home. The contractor showed up in an Oklahoma Sooner shirt. Gundy got mad and fired the guy on the spot. The contractor is now suing Gundy, saying he lost $30,000 worth of business while agreeing to work on the Gundy home. Gundy told the contractor to go screw himself and that he would see him in court. Never a dull moment with Mike Gundy.

Gameday

haha thats great! They obviously take they're sports real serious down in Oklahoma.... Cowboys are a 7 point favorite huh, that seems like a lot, I will definitely keep my eyes on that line because I think Miss. State is going to seriously surprise some people this year.

Gameday

samdiamond posted the golden nugget lines and the Coyboys are -14...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Miss. State will battle Arkansas for 5th in the SEC West. This should be a waltz for Okie State. 9-0 until they go to Texas. Then they could end up 9-3.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    haha thats great! They obviously take they're sports real serious down in Oklahoma.... Cowboys are a 7 point favorite huh, that seems like a lot, I will definitely keep my eyes on that line because I think Miss. State is going to seriously surprise some people this year.
    MSU were utter frauds last season with a heavily backloaded schedule, which proved their early success to be an illusion. This year they have a really tough schedule, and will fortunate to go 6-6.

Gameday

Your absolutely right that Mississippi state was a "fraud" and the second half of their schedule was a train wreck for them. BUT..... Look at the second half of that schedule, it was BRUTAL... Oklahoma State's schedule was ehhhh at best compared to The Bulldogs . The Cowboys are talented I will say that but every game that was big for them last year they lost....... Mississippi state plays at a higher caliber schedule week in and week out. The cowboys aren't closers yet, they didn't upset one team never mind win a game that they weren't favored. Ill take the SEC team to cover 14 points all DAY!
    Saturday
    Sept. 1
    Savannah State Tigers
    Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
    Won 84-0 ---
    Saturday
    Sept. 8
    at Arizona Wildcats
    Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ
    Lost 59-38 ---
    Saturday
    Sept. 15
    Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns
    Won 65-24 ---
    Saturday
    Sept. 22
    --- Open Date --- ---
    Saturday
    Sept. 29
    Texas Longhorns
    Lost 41-36 ---
    Saturday
    Oct. 6
    --- Open Date --- ---
    Saturday
    Oct. 13
    at Kansas Jayhawks
    Memorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS
    Won 20-14 ---
    Saturday
    Oct. 20
    Iowa State Cyclones (HC)
    Won 31-10 ---
    Saturday
    Oct. 27
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Won 36-14 ---
    Saturday
    Nov. 3
    at Kansas State Wildcats
    Bill Snyder Family FB Stadium, Manhattan, KS
    Lost 44-30 ---
    Saturday
    Nov. 10
    West Virginia Mountaineers
    Won 55-34 ---
    Saturday
    Nov. 17
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Won 59-21 ---
    Saturday
    Nov. 24
    at Oklahoma Sooners
    Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK
    Lost 51-48
    (OT)
    ---
    Saturday
    Dec. 1
    at Baylor Bears
    Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco, TX
    Lost 41-34 ---
    2013 Heart of Dallas Bowl
    Tuesday
    Jan. 1
    Purdue Boilermakers
    Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX
    Won 58-14

Gameday

They did make some high scoring wins look pretty but not impressed considering that they lost all their close games aside from Kansas who they beat by 6 POINTS!!! Kansas was 1-11!!!!
    Last edited by Gameday; 06-07-13 at 07:42 PM.

DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Really think Texas is the play in the Big 12 - they got the okst game at home and ol has most returning starters in cfb

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Miss. State is a team that you can make money on by fading because they are in the SEC, which means caca unless you are in the top echelon. The books make a fortune on the also-rans in non-con games because they are in the SEC. Last season saw Vandy go 1-2 ATS, Tennessee go 1-2 ATS, Missouri go 2-1 ATS, Miss. State go 1-3 ATS, and Arkansas go 0-3 ATS. That totals up to a 5-11 record ATS vs non-con opponents for the 5 bottom dwellers of the SEC.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    They did make some high scoring wins look pretty but not impressed considering that they lost all their close games aside from Kansas who they beat by 6 POINTS!!! Kansas was 1-11!!!!
    KU was the best 1-11 team you'll find. Lost another heartbreaker to TX last year and for the most part were a challenge at home.

For OKSt, they really seemed to find themselves. Their offense is plenty sound, it will just come down to their defense because that was atrocious.