Hawaii Golden Warriors at La Tech Bulldogs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the Hawaii Golden Warriors enter Joe Aillet Stadium tonight to take on the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs they boast an offense that is 6th in the nation at 513.3 yds/game. And that ain't all. They also have a QB named Gregg Alexander that is first in the nation with 446 yds/game and a rating of 178.7. This young man just recorded a career high 453 pass yds two games back "at" Washington State, registering a 38-20 win. One of Gregg's primary receivers, Greg Salas, also leads the nation with 159.7 rec yds /game, and two other receivers are in the top 5 in the "nation." This team is a coaches dream. The defense has allowed 377.7 yds/game (251 pass yds and 126.7 rush yds.)
On the other side of the ball, the home team Bulldogs have only allowed 156 pass yds/game over the same three game span. This stat is a bit misleading though when you consider that the three teams they played (Auburn, Navy and Nicholls State) are all run oriented teams and rely on it nearly entirely, only passing when it is necessary or the match-ups look too good to be true. Tech has given up a total of 406.7 yds/game overall and 250.7 pass yds/game.
Hawaii has dominated Tech, including wins of 24-14, 45-44 in OT, and 61-17 in the past three years respectively.
There is certainly something that I must be missing concerning this cointest, as the last line I saw was Tech -4' with a total of 55. So there's sumthin" in the woodpile somewhere. I could not bet anything else but the Warriors...my conscience wouldn't allow it.
I was on the Tech bandwagon before the season started, but scoring only 3 TDs in their first two games took away any desire that I had left to bet on them.

Good luck in anything you do with this one.
My best to you, but remember,

"Everybody plays the fool, sometimes....there's no exception to the rule."