WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Clemson's Tajh Boyd - Dang Good QB

A mere two years ago, Boyd was a redshirt freshman backup who was seeing little playing time for the Tigers. Since then, Clemson has won 21 games with Boyd leading the way. Under third-year offensive coordinator Chad Morris and his cutting-edge offense, Boyd has thrown 69 touchdown passes in the past two seasons for an offense that has improved its points per game from 24 in 2010 to 33 in 2011 to 41 last season. The 6-1, 225 pound Boyd will be looking to throw for more than 3,800 yards for the third consecutive season.

After leading Clemson to a 11-2 record last year, Boyd has worked hard on his footwork and decision-making. If he can improve in those areas...look for the Clemson Tigers to be a force in 2013.

Welcome your comments........................

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They have a 3 game schedule, though Clemson always trips up and loses some head scratching game along the way. I don't see why Clemson won't put up those offensive numbers again.

WorkHorse

Yeah Dane, they get Georgia and Florida State at home and travel to South Carolina.

I'm thinking the opener with Georgia will keep the scoreboard guy real busy.

The total will be high in this one.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

This should be an exciting one. With two high test Offenses and Georgia's inexperienced D this should definitely be a high scoring game... I'm real interested to see what the spread is.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Even though Georgia is replacing all of those starters on defense, they are still going to be one of the 3 toughest defenses Clemson plays all year along with FSU and SoCo. Georgia's defense kinda sucked last year outside of a few games. Not like replacing those players with some younger, hungrier guys is a bad thing.

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

True that, the only thing that makes me concerned is its the first game of the season... Usually offenses tend to benefit a little more off a rusty defense. Although I'm taking Georgia in a high scoring heart breaker for Clemson's home opener.

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Key to beating Georgia will be for Clemson to first stop Gurley. He's such a beast, but thats where it all starts for the Dawgs. Murray is much better working off play action than standing in the pocket imo.

Murray will have Michael Bennett back, who was Georgia's best receiver before he went down last year. He is a horrible matchup for linebackers and safeties.

Clemson's defense should be much improved. The interior line of Watson, Jarrett, Reader and Watkins should be a nice matchup for Georgia's O Line which returns a ton of talent.

Clemson's secondary must improve, they were one of the worst teams in the country vs the pass in 2012.

I think Clemson is the better, more complete team here and I think they get this win at home.

I do think Georgia is a good football team and their defense should be better than last years even without all the NFL talent.

WorkHorse

For sure Fred ain't a rookie to college football. Some good Ga/Clem evaluations. I differ with my friend but we shall see come game day.

Just great to see a college football guy who knows the sport and is willing to share with this forum.

Thanks Bud.

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    For sure Fred ain't a rookie to college football. Some good Ga/Clem evaluations. I differ with my friend but we shall see come game day.

Just great to see a college football guy who knows the sport and is willing to share with this forum.

Thanks Bud.
    Thanks buddy, its almost here.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Really, "Come on Man", ClimpSon will have flash backs of SC GameCocks (A** Kicking Chickens) last 4 years owning their A**. GA will break their Spirit, & Then SC will stomp on whats left. SEC BABY
    Last edited by CarolinaDaze; 06-20-13 at 05:57 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg