angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

#15 TCU +2.5 vs unranked Clemson & #22 UNC +2.2 vs unranked GTech.

UNRANKED GIVING POINTS TO RANKED!! $$$$$$

I started the thread last saturday telling everyone to take Oregon over #18 Utah. Oregon was playing terrible..dropped out of the top 25, lost their star running back and some crazy "line maker" in Vegas put them at -4 against #18 Utah, who at the time had the longest winning streak in the country. The public (60%) as well as some guys on this forum, were telling me I was nuts to bet Oregon..they were playing terrible ..and they were GIVING POINTS! Well we all know the outcome..Oregon covered!

This TCU/Clemson is the same type of game.

This weekend we have two games that fit my "unranked team favored of ranked team" scenario..

I won a bundle on Oregon last week. I'm gonna win a bundle on Clemson and Georgia Tech this week.

Of course, the public and the "easy pick" will be taking the ranked team getting points. "How and why is #11 TCU getting points from Clemson?" Who knows my friends? Vegas knows..and everyone will be on TCU.. I like Clemson big in this spot.

The GT/UNC is a little different. UNC is barely in the top 25 and GT was ranked before getting beat by Miami. So this spread isn't as shocking as the TCU spread. But I will still stick to my philosophy ..taking unranked favorites! plus GT is on ten days rest!

worst case scenario...you split! But i'm taking both..BIG!
    Last edited by angelodebo; 09-23-09 at 08:24 AM.

Panthermil
    Panthermil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good points. I would like to see how unranked home faves do against ranked opponents recently. My guess is the home un-ranked win a big majority of the time.

I am a TCU homer and this game is a no-play or Clem play. Most likely no play. With BYU and Utah both losing last week, you know the coaching staff is going to be hammering home the stay focused angle. More importantly, if TCU does pull it off this week, I think they have a letdown against SMU next week. SMU week off, lost a game they should have won, reminds me of the last time TCU ended up 11-1 a few years ago and only loss was vs SMU after beating Okla.

aeshred
    aeshred's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful TCU is the real deal - Defensively...

I do like those plays, and your thinking on that, but Utah is weak as hell this year.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Clemson has the talent to beat anybody when they are clicking but how many times do they click?? They are very mistake prone which is a bad recipe to bet the house. I think they can cover but small play for me. I do love GT in this spot though.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Cinci was +1 at oregon st last year, ranked team underdog and covered. it all relative.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I was about to make a thread on this. Unranked favored teams have fared well vs ranked opponents over the last few years. Arkansas was also favored over UGA last week though.

Cincinnati closed as a favorite.

Stanford is also favored over Washington this week.

OvertimePlease
    OvertimePlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

clemson is favored over tcu because of the conference they're in and the talent they have.

angelodebo

thanks daneblazer...yes!..I will add Stanford to my picks this week. #24 Washington getting 7 pts from Stanford. 77% of the action is on Washington..yet the line went up to 7.5.

I love Stanford!..Gtech, followed by Clemson, then Stanford!!! NICE!

ImmaBammer12
    ImmaBammer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Plus who has TCU played to show they have any talent to beat Clemson or be #11?

I'm sure Virginia(Yeah, William and Mary beat them by 12 pts) and Texas State really tested them.

I may eat crow or worse on this but I watched a Clemson team out play Georgia Tech on Thursday night though they ran out of gas and let them pull a huge comeback. Regardless of the score Clemson was the better team.

Clemson -2.5 is one of my plays this week also. Great thread!!!

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like both unranked teams...rankings mean nothing this early on by the way...

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

TCU is not that great this year and their defense is much worse than it has been in past...N. Carolina is overrated

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what anyone sees in one trick pony GA Tech that has not done anything offensively since their trick stopped working after the first half of the Clemson game. UNC with a stout defense and whipped Ga. Tech's flexbone shenanigans 28-7 last year with less talent. I'm a homer but I think this game could go either way. Not seeing anything obvious here, the teams are ranked similarly and Tech is about a 3 point fav at home. Duh?

Love the Clemson pick.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

i wouldn't touch either of these games

angelodebo

These are the games you have to take..the tough games, where the lines don't make sense..

Georgia Tech, Clemson, Stanford..sprinkle in Oregon & East Carolina for good luck!

Georgia Tech BIG BABY!

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I have followed this theory for yrs. And it works wonders, glad someone else has taken notice!

angelodebo

Lookn gooo..ooood! Games not over but happy right now. 17-0 GT.. Still a whole quarter left, but UNC offense is not good today..
    Still far from over..but I'll take it.

Not happy with the weather report in the Clemson/TCU game because I think the rain hurts the speed of Clemson. But I'm sticking with my philosophy..

Clemson next!

angelodebo

NAILED IT BABY! 1-0 24-7 GT pounds UNC. This game was not even close! Wow..I thought it would closer..but hea..when ur hot ..ur hot!

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've hit 7 out of 8 games. My book is begging for mercy. HA! Clemson baby..not happy about the weather..so I'm lowering my wager in half..But I'm sticking with my theory..

ranked teams getting pts..give my my $$$