imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

For those of you who like the Irish tomorrow?

Why? I've yet to hear any valid reasoning as to why you like the Irish?

All I've heard is "I like Notre Dame" "I like the Irish"

but never a reason why?

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Don't forget the biggest intangible of all - "The Luck of the Irish"

They will need a lot of it, but never under estimate.

Not playing the game myself, but don't think you have anything to worry about as I do believe LSU is the best team in the SEC.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Les Miles is not that good of coach, and I feel you will see that fact proven tonight.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Notre Dame's defense is awful, but they should be able to score some points. If they get in front quickly, they might force LSU into some mistakes.

Also, looking at LSU's last few games, they were not that impressive. Needed OT to beat a bad Ole Miss team (at LSU) and we saw in the bowl game that Arkansas is not as good as they were billed, looking awful against Wisconsin, so LSU's win there doesn't look as good now.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

imgv,

While you do have many valid points for liking LSU, one fact you overlooked is that one thing that Notre Dame DOES do well is pass. They probably throw the ball better than any team in the SEC, which would make this the best passing attack that the Tigers have seen all year. Thus the Irish may have some early sucess until the LSU defense makes adjustmenets, and also the backdoor may be wide open at the end of the game.

Personally I bet on Notre Dame +8.5.

Good Luck to You.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Sorry for the duplicate post, my computer froze up with the "Post Quick Reply" button compressed

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

I love Notre Dame in this spot. Coming off an embarrassing loss to USC look for the Irish to fire on all cylinders. Brady will pass for 400 yards today. One of my favorite angle plays today.

5* Notre Dame +8 1/2
    1* Notre Dame +266
    5* Quinn over 270.5 pass yards (-148) try to shop for better
    2* Notre Dame over 23.5 team points

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    I love Notre Dame in this spot. Coming off an embarrassing loss to USC look for the Irish to fire on all cylinders. Brady will pass for 400 yards today. One of my favorite angle plays today.

5* Notre Dame +8 1/2
    1* Notre Dame +266
    5* Quinn over 270.5 pass yards (-148) try to shop for better
    2* Notre Dame over 23.5 team points
    Hanco you have been hitting everything this bowl season! Not to be mean, but I sure as hell hope you don't hit that +266! You can hit the +8.5 because along with IMGV, I have several bets with LSU -2.5! LSU can win by 6 and we'll all be happy! Let's Go Tigers! If Notre Dame wins this game, I'm done betting for a long while!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'll be perfectly happy with an 8 point LSU victory.. The Books will lose their ass if that happens..

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Granted the SEC is not doing well this bowl season however if LSU loses this game then I have no more reasons to not agree with all the SEC doubters. All I have read and heard before the bowl pairings was that ND did not deserve a BCS bid. It would not be fair and they didn't deserve it. Well, now they have it and everyone seems to think of a bunch of reasons why they will cover or beat LSU. Thats what being a fan is all about but to say the SEC is overrated and Miles is not that good a coach is just not accurate. If LSU doesn't cover then I have no choice but to agree with you all. They outman ND in just about every category and if they don't come out and prove their dominance, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong. Tigers, just come to play and if ND still covers, then I will sing their praise

BL all