nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

One play I Really LOVE - FRESNO STATE + 15 1/2

There have been some nutty lines this College Football season, and this one takes the cake.

Cincinatti by 15 1/2 over Fresno State ? What. That is just crazy.

Fresno State is as good of a team as Cincinatti. I dont care about the rankings, I think we have seen what rankings mean during the first 3 weeks.

Freson State has a powerful offense that has 8 starters back from last years team. This offense was not shut down 1 time last year. This offense averaged 30 points a game last year, and it is averaging 40 points a game this year.

Fresno State just put up 34 points on Boise State. Get this. In the 15 games Boise State played last year and this year they held 10 of those 15 opponents to 10 points or less. They held 13 of those 15 opponents to 17 or less. That is how awesome the Boise State Defense is. Fresno put up 34 on them. Before the Fresno State game, Boise State has given up 8 points in 2 games. Fresno scored over 4 times that.

Oregon scored 8 on Boise. Fresno State scored 34.

In the last 2 seasons, Fresno State is 8-8. Boise State is the ONLY team to beat Fresno State by 14 points in the last 2 seasons. The Bulldogs always lose close. They have lost by 3, 3, 1, 5, 3, 3 and 5 since last season. Boise State is in fact, the only team to beat Fresno State by more than 5 points last year or this year.

The Bulldogs are a much better team than their record indicates. They play everyone tough but always lose close games. The Bulldogs have a 2 dimensional offense that the Bearcats will not be able to stop. QB Colburn has averaged about 300 yeards per game passing.

The Bulldogs have also been tearing it up on the ground. Mathews this year has 49 rushing attempts for 447 years. That is a 9 yard average. He averaged 12 1/2 yards per rush against Boise with 3 big TD runs. He averaged 6 yards a rush against Wisconsin.

Cincinatti returns 1 starter on defense this year and they havent played anyone this year. I dont care that Oregon State was ranked, Oregon State sucks. They got ranked after beating Portland State 34-7. Montana State beat Portland State by more than that. The Bearcats are ranked because they are 3-0. They have played 3 cupcakes. Yes Rutgers is way down this year, do I even have to mention SE Missouri State, and Oregon State should never have been ranked.

The Bearcats gave up 14 to Rutgers and 18 to Oregon State. Now they are playing a Fresno State offense that averaged over 30 last year and 40 so far this year.

Fresno State is traveling 2000 miles east. They did it 2 weeks ago as well. They lost by 3 points in 2OT at Wisconsin. They did it last year and won by 17 points at Rutgers. I dont think the traveling justifies the Bearcats as a 15 1/2 point favorite here.

I think the Bulldogs should win this game outright, but they seem to always lose the close games so I wont say it, I will just say this. Cincinatti is not going to beat the Bulldogs by 15 1/2 points.

Gaston Monescu
    CFB 5-5
    Gaston Monescu's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the same way. I think the line makers really cut this one close. While Cincinnati can win this game, I hardly think it could be over 15.5, but if it happens, I would be shocked. Fresno St. plays tough and not only that, they do crazy shit like going on 4th down for the hell of it. I love Cincinnati, but if I had to bet, I'd take the points with Fresno St.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Agree. the running game on fresno state is very good. i had this one circled upon first look through too

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Missed Nevada beat them by more then 5 last year but still noone has beaten this team by 14+ other than Boise.

I just cant see the Bearcats beating them by anything close to 16 points.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Wow.....I completely disagree with almost everything you said.....I have Cinnci winning by atleast 17. Even though I'm waiting for Fresno backers to hammer the line down a bit but it opened at 14.5 and quickly went to 15.5 so I don't what to make of that by I will be watching this line close this week. I also believe the line is right on and alot of other lines this week are tight..

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Fresno State !!!!!

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]With you all the way!!

Parlay Bet
    Description
    Sep 21 08:35 PM EST-Football NFL - 235 Indianapolis Colts -170 for Game
    Sep 27 01:00 PM EST-Football NFL - 408 Baltimore Ravens -9 [buying 4 points] -220 for Game
    Sep 26 12:00 PM EST-Football NCAA - 327 Fresno State Bulldogs +19½ [buying 4 points] -195 for Game
    3 Team Parlay
    Bet Slip Total Risk Win
    $328.00 USD $807.76 USD

If Indy COLTS lose I will try again to put a bet a parlay in place with Fresno.

-------------------------
    T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L. ("There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" from The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein)
    T.A.N.S.T.A.A.B.L. ("There ain't no such thing as a BLOW-OUT LOCK" from Betting Advice Experience by Ray Z. HELL)
    [/COLOR]

dolphin9999
    dolphin9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like that pick as well, although I wonder if Boise St sees this as an opportunity to make a statement

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Boise St?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin9999 View Post
    Like that pick as well, although I wonder if Boise St sees [saw] this [their game against Fresno St] as an opportunity to make a statement

This week Fresno State BULLDOGS are playing the Cincinnati BEARCATS.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

fresno tired football team....................

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Cincinatti's offense is legit. They can put up points in bunches. I'd lean Bearcat's or no play.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock21 View Post
    Wow.....I completely disagree with almost everything you said.....I have Cinnci winning by atleast 17. Even though I'm waiting for Fresno backers to hammer the line down a bit but it opened at 14.5 and quickly went to 15.5 so I don't what to make of that by I will be watching this line close this week. I also believe the line is right on and alot of other lines this week are tight..
    Fresno is garbage I tried to tell you

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Hemlock,

Fresno State was the WINNING play and Cincinatti was the LOSING play.

Its not often that someone bumps the thread bragging when their side lost.

FRESNO STATE won ATS by 9 points.