jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

6 games I like

Kansas -13.5 vs Southern Miss

Southern Miss struggled against one of the worst BCS teams in the nation Saturday, at home vs UVA. The gave up 34 points to a team that finished somewhere around 120th in total scoring last season....a team that lost 26-14 to DII power William and Mary and were down 30-0 vs TCU before 2 meaningless late scores. Point being, UVa is a terrible team and they led USM by 17 in the 3rd Q. I shutter to think what Reesing is going to do if they let Jameel Sewell shred them for over 300 yards.

Rutgers -3 at UMD

Maryland is atrocious. They should have lost to JMU, and they DID lose to MTSU...both at home. Rutgers got rolled by a very good Cincinnati team (BCS bowl team last year in case anyone forgot), but there's a lot of talent on this Rutgers team and they are head and shoulders above Maryland this year. JMU - like W&M a legitimate DII power - is better than Maryland. Rutgers wins this by at least 2 scores, imo.

Mia -1.5 at VT

I love, love....LOVE this play. I'm gonna wait though because I think the line might go the other way and even if it doesn't I'll risk a point against me. MIA has been VT's bitch for the last 7 or 8 years. VT knows it. MIA knows it. This is a different MIA squad. Just feels like old times watching them laying out fools and smoking suckers like they did at GT. I wouldn't be surprised to see them break out the old fatigues for this one. Miami is back baby. The U is back. I for one love it.

FSU -14 vs. USF

Much like MIA, I think FSU at least feels like they are back this week. After laying a beating on BYU and their Mythical National Championship hopes, FSU comes home to face a team they once would be expected to hang 60 on. I don't think FSU is going to hang 60 on anybody this year, but they're talented enough to beat USF in a less than stellar year by 21 or so. I'm feeling nostalgic this week, and I'm betting FSU is too.

WSU +43.5 at USC

This is a principle bet. That line is a big f\*\*k you to me. I'll be it's Huckleberry, mostly because I don't think USC is that good. I mean, they're USC....but they aren't USC good this season. Not yet at least. They have struggled to move the ball for long stretches. Hey let's admit it - they've looked ugly. I don't see them scoring 44 points against practically anybody right now. I'll bite for a small bit.

Tenn -20.5 vs Ohio

I think Tennessee will be buoyed by their performance in Gainesville. I think they come out and do what Tennessee teams used to do to teams like Ohio. It's time for them to blow up offensively and this is a good spot for it to happen.

That's what I've got off the early lines. Please, I would love any insights and welcome all discussion. I haven't booked any of these yet. Interested to see if anyone has any ideas to share.
    Last edited by jellobiafra; 09-21-09 at 12:21 AM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

reesing and briscoe are rolling right now....kansas has a cover machine so far...thats a great play...at that price...it might be something to go big on

fsu had a nice big bounce back game...and correct me if im wrong...but so fla lost their qb grothe who has been their starter for a couple years i think

i think you are right about tennessee too....i mean they were never really in the game saturday...but they didnt get blown out....maybe they get hardesty and bryce brown rollin

cant front on the U either right now...they look tough and jacory harris looks oh so comfy

maryland is horrible...as is wazzu...but id probably just lay off that game that way i dont let the great taste of hammering washington at +20.5 go bad....if its a late one though...and the day has gone great...might be a **** it why not play

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    Kansas -13.5 vs Southern Miss

Southern Miss struggled against one of the worst BCS teams in the nation Saturday, at home vs UVA. The gave up 34 points to a team that finished somewhere around 120th in total scoring last season....a team that lost 26-14 to DII power William and Mary and were down 30-0 vs TCU before 2 meaningless late scores. Point being, UVa is a terrible team and they led USM by 17 in the 3rd Q. I shutter to think what Reesing is going to do if they let Jameel Sewell shred them for over 300 yards.

Rutgers -3 at UMD

Maryland is atrocious. They should have lost to JMU, and they DID lose to MTSU...both at home. Rutgers got rolled by a very good Cincinnati team (BCS bowl team last year in case anyone forgot), but there's a lot of talent on that team and they are head and shoulders better than Maryland this year. They are. JMU - like W&M a legitimate DII power - is better than Maryland. Rutgers wins this by 2 scores easily, imo.

Mia -1.5 at VT

I love, love....LOVE this play. I'm gonna wait though because I think the line might go the other way and even if it doesn't I'll risk a point against me. MIA has been VT's bitch for the last 7 or 8 years. VT knows it. MIA knows it. This is a different MIA squad. Just feels like old times watching them laying out fools and smoking suckers like they did at GT. I wouldn't be surprised to see them break out the old fatigues for this one. Miami is back baby. The U is back. I for one love it.

FSU -14 vs. USF

Much like MIA, I think FSU at least feels like they are back this week. After laying a beating on BYU and their Mythical National Championship hopes, FSU comes home to face a team they once would be expected to hang 60 on. I don't think FSU is going to hang 60 on anybody this year, but they're talented enough to beat USF in a less than stellar year by 21 or so. I'm feeling nostalgic this week, and I'm betting FSU is too.

WSU +43.5 at USC

This is a principle bet. That line is a big f\*\*k you to me. I'll be it's Huckleberry, mostly because I don't think USC is that good. I mean, they're USC....but they aren't USC good this season. Not yet at least. They have struggled to move the ball for long stretches. Hey let's admit it - they've looked ugly. I don't see them scoring 44 points against practically anybody right now. I'll bite for a small bit.

Tenn -20.5 vs Ohio

I think Tennessee will be buoyed by their performance in Gainesville. I think they come out and do what Tennessee teams used to do to teams like Ohio. It's time for them to blow up offensively and this is a good spot for it to happen.

That's what I've got off the early lines. Please, I would love any insights and welcome all discussion. I haven't booked any of these yet. Interested to see if anyone has any ideas to share.
    I really like the Rutgers and Miami picks here also-WSU is a very bad team though ,I'm not touching that-

jellobiafra

I don't know much about Wazzou, being an east coaster. I'm looking to trim this down and that might be the first play to go. Or maybe like bobby said, a late night if the day's gone well what the f\*\*k play.

My 3 favorite are Miami, Kansas, and Rutgers.

Daisydog
    Daisydog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like everything but the USC bet. Can't you see the Trojans running it up just because they have to for salvaging a tad of pride? USC covered the 34 big against San Jose State. I hear you though. Love the other analysis, thanks.

Anyone seen an over-under yet on Houston v. Texas Tech? It should be about 75 and I would still take the over.

jellobiafra

My 3 favorite are Miami, Kansas, and Rutgers.

I decided to play just these 3. I took MIA -1.5 for $100, KU -13.5 for $75, and RU -3 for $50.

I will probably use TEN and FSU in a teaser. Maybe WSU too.

I still really LOVE MIA this week. Play of the week for me. I've always been an ACC guy and I think I'm going to try to specialize in that this season. I gave you guys UVA this past week, not sure if anybody was paying attention or not.....

nohuddleoffense
    nohuddleoffense's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it known if Barkley will be back for USC this week?

REDL1NE
    REDL1NE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Kansas of these early lines. I will be playing that one.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

so miss IS 3-0... i know i know just sayin

axtellcatinkc
    axtellcatinkc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think KU is an easy win, and the only reason they aren't a higher favorite is because their running back is hurt. The backup played almost the whole game last week though, and they covered vs. Duke.

UnderDog_Philip
    UnderDog_Philip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 936

Quote Originally Posted by stats13 View Post
    so miss IS 3-0... i know i know just sayin
    Yes 3-0, but almost got beat by a really bad Virginia team last week and barely won against CFU. I'm just saying too, I like KU.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I like KU and Rutgers too. I think Rutgers may be a play for me.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I put TN in my leans thread. There defense looked VERY good. And Ohio can struggle against any MAC team. I also agree with the fact that Crompton is due to have a decent day.

jellobiafra

9/21/2009 12:04 PM Spread $100.00 $90.91 Football - 373 Miami Florida -1½ -110 for Game

9/21/2009 1:24 AM Spread $50.00 $45.45 Football - 319 Rutgers -3 -110 for Game

9/21/2009 1:24 AM Spread $75.00 $68.18 Football - 340 Kansas -13½ -110 for Game

9/21/2009 0:17 AM Teaser $9.94 $198.80

Football - 304 Nevada +14½ for Game
    Football - 324 Tennessee U -13½ for Game
    Football - 326 East Carolina -2½ for Game
    Football - 327 Fresno State +21½ for Game
    Football - 331 LSU -7 for Game
    Football - 340 Kansas -6½ for Game
    Football - 343 Vanderbilt -½ for Game
    Football - 348 Wyoming +12½ for Game
    Football - 358 Florida State -7 for Game
    Football - 367 Washington U +14 for Game
    Football - 376 Purdue +15½ for Game

jellobiafra

Wish I'd waited on that Rutgers line. f\*\*k. Oh well. Glad I got MIA when I did.

stats13
    f&ck beted
    stats13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

hope you win

jellobiafra

9/21/2009 12:04 PM Spread $100.00 $90.91 Football - 373 Miami Florida -1½ -110 for Game

9/21/2009 1:24 AM Spread $50.00 $45.45 Football - 319 Rutgers -3 -110 for Game

9/21/2009 1:24 AM Spread $75.00 $68.18 Football - 340 Kansas -13½ -110 for Game

9/21/2009 0:17 AM Teaser $9.94 $198.80

Football - 304 Nevada +14½ for Game
    Football - 324 Tennessee U -13½ for Game
    Football - 326 East Carolina -2½ for Game
    Football - 327 Fresno State +21½ for Game
    Football - 331 LSU -7 for Game
    Football - 340 Kansas -6½ for Game
    Football - 343 Vanderbilt -½ for Game
    Football - 348 Wyoming +12½ for Game
    Football - 358 Florida State -7 for Game
    Football - 367 Washington U +14 for Game
    Football - 376 Purdue +15½ for Game

I added Cal -5.5 for $50

If KU wins this early game bet I will be adding Texas Tech -1 tonight for $50. (Really wish I'd waited on that Rutgers line.)

Good luck everybody.