McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Can we all agree? SEC football RE:

SEC f'n blowz
    They look nice on paper - but when they play anyone else, they mostly stink.
    I'm surprised, but the way things went down this week - I'm wondering if the #1 vs #2 matchup is even close.. It's almost 2 touchdowns or more fair.

The SEC is flat out over-rated.
    Sorry to SEC fans, but your conference stinks.
    The BIGGEST game to shock me was Penn St beating Tennessee. How does a team with 0 playmakers handle a team with many so easily?
    That was very telling - for me anyway.
    I was wrong on that game - amongst others...SEC is very much down and OSU is an easy cover (but we all knew that anyway).

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

What an stupid comment. Your going to base your view of an entire conference on meaning less bowl games?? Listen everybody knows that these games mean NOTHING!! They only really matter to small schools or big underdogs that want to prove something. The only game that actually matters is the title game which I do believ Florida will win.

Funny I was actually thinking how much of a joke the big 10 and big 12 were this year. The sec is the best conference in football and has the best teams in football. Tenn showed up big this season when it mattered. Do you really think the outback bowl mattered to them? G I wonder which game they would get up for more a tough home game or even road game, or a non conference game that had no meaning at all? Seriously these bowl games mean less then nothing so dont judge the SEC on them. Or atleast wait till Florida beats the luckeyes and you can retitle this about the big 10.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    What an stupid comment. Your going to base your view of an entire conference on meaning less bowl games?? Listen everybody knows that these games mean NOTHING!! They only really matter to small schools or big underdogs that want to prove something. The only game that actually matters is the title game which I do believ Florida will win.

Funny I was actually thinking how much of a joke the big 10 and big 12 were this year. The sec is the best conference in football and has the best teams in football. Tenn showed up big this season when it mattered. Do you really think the outback bowl mattered to them? G I wonder which game they would get up for more a tough home game or even road game, or a non conference game that had no meaning at all? Seriously these bowl games mean less then nothing so dont judge the SEC on them. Or atleast wait till Florida beats the luckeyes and you can retitle this about the big 10.
    i disagree with pretty much everything this post said and stands for

BamaDadDZ
    BamaDadDZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

In comparing conferences with bowl results as your criteria, you must look at all bowl teams for each conference. The SEC had 9/12 teams in bowls and the Big 10 had 6/11. Who has the best single team in the bowls? Ohio State IMO. But who has the most and overall highest rated teams in bowls this season? The SEC. I am a life-long Ohio State/Big 10 fan whose daughter attends the University of Alabama, so I like both conferences. Why slam the SEC or Big 10 when both share historically awesome win-loss records and abundant tradition, particularly on the narrow basis of a single season's bowl game results. I have an idea: lets have Alabama, Mississippi State and Ole Miss play Indiana, Illinois and Northwestern match up. Winner takes all! Personally, I would just be happy to see Alabama land a decent coach at this point.

Best wishes for the New Year to all on this forum!
    Last edited by BamaDadDZ; 01-02-07 at 09:42 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SEC is not overrated.. LSU might be the best team in the country..

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Listen everybody knows that these games mean NOTHING!! They only really matter to small schools or big underdogs that want to prove something. The only game that actually matters is the title game which I do believ Florida will win.
    Actually, top echeleon schools realize a team's bowl performance influences their opening standing in polls the following season. If you don't believe this, wait til Fall and compare rankings to this years bowl season.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

sec is the toughest conference in college football period...just b/c tennessee lost to penn st. doesnt justify what u are saying...save your fingers b/c u typing a bunch of shit...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

sorry but I have to say that the SEC does not suck. I live in B-10 country and can tell you that the B-10 is not any better (see the bowl record of the B-10). I would be hesitant also to say that the SEC is better than the B-10 but if i had to pick it would be the SEC slightly this year at least Outside of Ohio State I haven't really been all that impressed with the B-10 this year. Michigan got destroyed last night and even though UW won, ARK badly outgained UW yet ARK somehow managed to lose that game. Even the Tenn/PSU game, Tenn was driving in the red zone for the go ahead score and couldn't punch it in and instead fumbled it away. All this talk about B-10/SEC is pointless....most objective indicators would point to the SEC though.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

I think the SEC was better after watching the bowl games. Tennessee, which played like crap Monday, still wins the Penn State game if they don't fumble at the 15 and let up an 85-yard return at 10-10 early 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNZ-05
    sec is the toughest conference in college football period...just b/c tennessee lost to penn st. doesnt justify what u are saying...save your fingers b/c u typing a bunch of shit...

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Pistol Pete in that the bowlgames don't mean squat to them, nosuzieno may have a point about pre-ranking for the following year. I know every other conference hears about how the SEC is so strong and I really feel they can't wait to play them and prove everyone wrong. They seem to have an added motivation when playing teams from the SEC. To say the conference blows is just ludicrous. Just not accurate. There is noone any more aggraveted than me in the way they have played this bowl season. I have lost on them believe me but they are still the best conference in football from top to bottom

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im really not the type of person to say I told you so but..... my ML bet on florida says I told you so

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I'm surprised, but the way things went down this week - I'm wondering if the #1 vs #2 matchup is even close.. It's almost 2 touchdowns or more fair.
    NICE CALL!!!!!!!

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

he is right..it wasn't close

SEC,SEC

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

The problem with the Big Ten is the top of the conference is solid but the middle and bottom are truely horrible. This year, OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin were Top 10 teams, while Penn State was OK.

The rest of the league was terrible. Minnesota, Purdue and Iowa making bowl games at 6-6 is a joke, and the bottom teams were really atrocious.

The SEC has more solid teams top to bottom. Even Ole Miss almost beat LSU and Miss. St. won at Alabama.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    The SEC has more solid teams top to bottom. Even Ole Miss almost beat LSU and Miss. St. won at Alabama.
    From top to bottom the SEC is by far the best. I can't wait until next year because the SEC will be loaded again.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Thats why I think the winner of the SEC championship should get a automatic bid to the title game.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big Ten= COMPLETE FRAUD!!!

rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

SEC f'n blowz

The BIGGEST game to shock me was Penn St beating Tennessee. How does a team with 0 playmakers handle a team with many so easily?
    I was wrong on that game - amongst others...SEC is very much down and OSU is an easy cover (but we all knew that anyway).
    LOL SEC OVER RATED HUH WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS 41- 14 LOL ABOUT THAT OVER RATED STAT. THERE IS A REASON OSU IS 0-8 VS SEC

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Paterno. Fullmer. LOL.

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=McBa1n]SEC f'n blowz

I was wrong on that game - amongst others...SEC is very much down and OSU is an easy cover (but we all knew that anyway).[/QUOTE

I guess you are right after last night