wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Revenge?

I don't personally consider Miami's game against Georgia Tech lastnight as a revenge situation. I guess one could argue that G-Tech cost Miami an opportunity to win the ACC last season but in that game Miami was dismantled and Georgia Tech was expected to win so for me this game wasn't a revenge scenerio, but let's put that asside and say it was for the purpose of this post.

What did we learn about a revenge game? You need a purpose for starters. You can't call it revenge just for the sake of saying it. there has to be a real reason behind the hype. Secondly you need motivation. Just labeling something a revenge game is nice but doesn't count for much more than that unless a team is motivated and themselves buying into the hype. Lastly and most importantly you need TALENT. Doesn't matter how much hype the media generates or how inspiring a coaches speeches are to pump up the fans and players alike. If you don't have the talent on the field or the coaching on the sidelines to carry through then it's just another game that could have been. Miami had all the above. Most notably though they had the TALENT. With this in mind wonder if there is any other situation that qualifies............................... ..................................... oh yeah

Texas !

Think it's gonna get ugly for Texas Tech tomorrow.

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

there saying almost all the games this weekend are

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I don't personally consider Miami's game against Georgia Tech lastnight as a revenge situation.
    I agree. Miami lost as a dog last year. Pretty rare to find a revenge situation where the loser was a dog.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can tell by my post today I'm at work on a Friday not wanting to be here and BORED silly.