jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

How good is Southern Miss?

They are -15.5 vs UVA this week. Full disclosure - I am a UVA fan and follow the "program" very closely. The reason I'm posting this question is because this game is feeling like a classic "Al Groh back against the wall" game to me. I think UVA has the defensive talent and scheme to play well enough to cover against a mid major like USM. I know they have a solid tradition and are good this year, but does anyone but me think 15.5 is a LOT for them be giving against practically any BCS school?

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I live 35 min from UVA and i wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. You don't know what UVA team is going to show up. Look @ Michigan last year when they tried to implement the spread.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I hear you Duke, but again it just seems like that classic "back against the wall" situation that Al Groh's teams have always seemed to show up big for. I like their defense. The offense is an absolute abomination right now. I don't know if I'm going to play it or not, but I would like some insight on USM if anyone has it to offer. I'm thinking about maybe using this game in a tease at the very least and getting that line over 3 TD's.