Katasstrophe
    Katasstrophe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small Rant

Couple things I can't stand -

1) The whole "team A played team B tough but then team B lost by 30 to team C and team C sucks so that means team A really isn't any good now". Real life example? "Miami beat Florida St and I thought they were pretty good. But then Florida St barely beat Jacksonville so that means that Miami's win against Florida St isn't all that great anymore so i love GA TECH tonight". I just got that argument from a friend of mine. And that's why most people can't pick games for shit. All they look at is what happened last week or 2 weeks ago. Drives me nuts.

2) The revenge factor. "Boise St beat Oregon last year and laid a cheap shot their QB. Oregon has had this game circled all year. They are going to kill them this year. I love Oregon". This is just one example. I honestly believe this is the worst and most money grabbing bullshit angle you can have. Revenge is absolute crap. Period.

Okay I feel better now.

Katash

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

so you like Miami to cover tonight?

Katasstrophe
    Katasstrophe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small play on Miami for me tonight. TV games are always the toughest -

Katash

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kat..............not to change your friends mind because they are entitled to their opinions about the subject. However, the Florida St/Miami game was a great game and should stand indipendant of this. Both teams in that game performed very well at times while minimizing albeit not eliminating their mistakes.

When your friend brings FSU's game against Jacksonville St into their evaluation of Miami's chances in tonights game with Georgia Tech what they are obviously overlooking is...........

A: Florida St's let down situation. They had just lost a game which by all accounts were suposed to have won. A game where they left everything they had on the field going back and forth and back and forth only to just have the final play decide their fate.

B: Being in a game against a severly overmatched opponent in which even a moderate effort should lead to a victory, although that effort certainly needed more than just a moderate effort as it turns out.

C: playing a very important game in the national spectrum of things against a BYU team that has already knocked off Oklahoma.

Your friend is not factoring all the information about a situation. This is not a bad thing. If you're willing to exploit that then you will not only be able to teach your friend a valuable lesson, but you'll be able to profit off your friend ignorance, all in the name a friendship ofcourse.