LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Houston U +5.5

Now we realize that South Carolina comes out of the SEC, the best conference in the country, but we feel this senior-laden Houston team will give the Gamecocks fits here.

The Cougars quietly went 10-3 this season, beating a couple of bowl participants in Oklahoma State and Tulsa and losing just 14-13 on the road at Miami. Quarterback Kevin Kolb had a year for the ages with relatively little fanfare, as he completed 67.7 percent of his passes while throwing for 3423 yards with an unbelievable touchdown to interception ratio of 27/3! Houston also averages 4.9 yards per rush on the ground, making this a difficult offense to defend for a team that has not faced it before.

Now the Cocks finished at just 7-5, but they were a perfect 4-0 outside of the SEC. However, the only quality non-conference win came at Clemson against a Tiger team that is far more one-dimensional than this Cougar squad. The other South Carolina non-conference wins were basically scrimmages vs. Wofford, Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee State. If Kolb can continue to play virtually mistake-free football as he has all season, we would not be shocked by an outright Houston upset in this spot, especially since the Cougars would love to knock off an SEC school while the Gamecocks have very little motivation here.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I agree. I believe that if Houston can avoid the mistakes they can win this game. Houston has an explosive offense when it gets going. Sometimes though after these layoffs you never which team will come out to play.

I know that this bowl game is very important for the Cougars and they will want to win this game badly.

Cardfan
    Cardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Houston, maybe even on the ml. Don't sell the CUSA champion short against an SEC also ran.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm looking for this game to be a scoring feast myself. Needless to say I feel the over is the way to go in this game guys.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I am kinda liking houston in this play myself

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line is coming down right now I see. It's currently down to 4.5 in some places.

STEELCURTAIN3288
    STEELCURTAIN3288's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes Dan I see it at 4 1/2 now who do you like in this one I am feeling SC?

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just made my largest bet on this game. I am betting the OVER 56. Spurrier will put up some points and I don't think they will be able to stop Kolb and co. as you can tell the way most defenses are playing this bowl season. Houston can score also so hopefully this game will come down to who has the ball last